Grocery Store Choice with Tiffany

SamR

DIS Veteran
For those who have had grocery stops with the Tiffany Town Car service: Were you offered any choices on which store was stopped at? If not, did any of you make a request for a particular "brand" (Publix, Albertson's,...), and if so, was that request cheerfully granted?

I noted in a thread a few pages down that some of the Tiffany drivers like to stop at a place called "Kash N Carry". Is that a reasonably nice store (clean, good selection, etc.)?

Hmmmmm...wonder if that was the store we stopped at. Our flight was 1 1/2 hrs. late. TT was there waiting, but knew that we wanted to stop for 'stuff'. He asked if we minded a quickie stop. It was a Kash N Carry type place. I thought we would be using a regular grocery store the next time. Anyone else know the answer?? If it won't be a regular store, we may be using another service.

On our trip we had requested a grocery stop when we made the reservation. Our driver asked us where we wanted to stop. We had decided we didn't want to make a stop after all, but it was our choice as to which store. When we told him we didn't want a grocery stop, he offered to make a shopping stop at an outlet store or said he'd be happy to do it on the return trip. You choose where you want to go.

We have used Tiffany 3-4 times a year for about 3 years and always use the grocery stop. We are always asked if we have a preference and since we didn't know the florida stores we just asked for a major grocery chain. In prior years we have been taken to Publix but on our last two trips the driver has taken us to Kash N Karry. He gave us his discount card (saving us about $11.00) and said that its cleaner and less crowded then publix with just as good prices. My only request would be "NOT GOODINGS" LOL.
TJ

we had asked in advance for a grocery stop with tiffany last trip, and were not offered a choice(we wouldn't have known what to choose anyway) but were taken to a very large and newer grocery store. we were quite happy with the driver's choice, and he stressed to take as long as we needed. we didn't need much however so didn't even take the 30 min. they advertise. i plan on using tiffany next trip too.sorry i don't remember the name of the store.

katypop:D

Thanks to all of you voicing your experiences.
biggthumpup.gif
but on our last two trips the driver has taken us to Kash N Karry.
TJ: Was the Kash N Karry a large grocery store (as opposed to something more like a convenience store)? Did their selection seem pretty good?

Thanks! :earsboy:

Yes - sorry the name is misleading isn't it!

Its a large supermarket chain with all the brands you would expect. If you wanted to do a search I "think" its "Kash N Karry". It was as large as say a Publix, or around here we have Shaws or Stop & Shop.

Our driver said he takes people there because its easy off and easy on the highway, clean (it was), and fairly uncrowded. The prices were good and as I mentioned we got some discounts with his shopper card.

HTH
TJ

Well then, I stand corrected. I thought the Kash n Carry was a little store like WHite Hen or 7-11. The store we went to was really small, a convienence type store.

Thanks for the information, TJ. If our driver recommends Kash N Karry as a convenient choice, I think we'll give it a try. My only criteria are clean, good selection, and, as you say, "Not Goodings." :D

We've requested Publix in the past and were taken there. However, on our trip last October, our driver took us to Goodings. We arrived on a Saturday and he said that the Publix was too crowded on Saturdays because all the locals shop there. Goodings is okay because only tourists shop there. After our trip, I know why! Some items were more than double our normal prices at home, but it was still cheaper getting the groceries there than at our resort. Goodings also has a good selection of take and eat items (sandwiches, salads, etc). Again, they are expensive but less than eating in the food court. I haven't been thrilled with the Publix and I'd rather not repeat the Goodings, so maybe we'll try Kash N Karry next time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter