• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Grosvenor Resort

sweetlassie

Earning My Ears
Has anyone ever stayed at the Grosvenor Resort in the Disney Village and if so can you tell me anything about it. Rooms etc.

I am heading down for a 4 day weekend soon and am booked there. I have walked by it for years but have never been inside so any info would be appreciated.

Charmaine :earsgirl:

I don't know if this is much help, Dh & I stayed there but that was way back in 1989, it was beautiful then. There was only Contemp.,Poly & I think GF was being built so the Grovesner was an "offical" Disney Hotel then. On the Resorts board & Offsite Hotels board you may get more info.

I stayed there over 10 years ago and wasn't fond of the hotel. We had a few problems with the room and there were a lot of teenagers staying in our wing. They kept calling us at 2am by accident. I would rather stay at any All Star than there again. We also walked from Cross Roads a few years ago and thought we were going to get mugged when we encountered this strange guy that walked out of a swampy area in the distance. I feel a little safer on Disney Hotel property.

I was going to book All Star but having stayed there before as well I opted for this one...because of the kids. I guess I will take my chances. Thanks so much.

Charmaine:earsgirl:

DW and I stayed there this April and had a great experience. I think the rooms were actually just a tish larger than Disney's Moderate resorts. All the amenities were there as well.. except no mickey soap/shampoo. :D

The room was a little dark, but the beds were comfortable and we slept well (who doesn't after a day of playing park commando though). The laundry rooms were kinda hidden, but the machines did a good job and didn't feel that I needed to keep shoving quarters in to get the clothes to dry.

We had a courtyard view (of the pool) and didn't have any problems. The pool was quite nice as well.

We had tickets to the morning buffet, and found it pretty good actually. but not a memory making experience by any means. Not sure what the normal charge is, wouldn't pay toooo much for it. Didn't get to take in the Murder Mystery.. I think that would be well done. Maybe 2004 trip?

The whole fam is returning this Nov, and will need to find a room for one night, I have NO qualms at all about staying at the G.. and if I get a good rate will certainly book it!

As for the safety issue... DW and I walked everywhere and didn't feel threatened at all! In fact, our decision to stay there was based on it's proximity to DTD.

Have a great trip!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter