Grosvenor

Diznut84

SoCal
My family and I checked into the last night of our vacation at the Grosvenor and were very disappointed. The rooms were clean and updated (although the mattresses were rock hard), but that was the only highlight for us. We had received our reservation through Priceline ($35), and the attendant put us in the last unit away from the pool. There was not an elevator anywhere close. The nearest elevator was in fact closed and we had a very long walk to our room on the top floor. Most of the resort was available, and I thought the room assignment was mean spirited. The elevators themselves were small, cramped, and worn. We checked out after 10 minutes and stayed at Coronado Springs with an AP rate of $99.

The same thing happened to us last August but we were paying $109 nightly. The staff wasn't any nicer though! Our room was filthy, old food left in the frig., the room safe was a free standing metal box that held up one end of the bathroom sink, there was a 2 inch gap under our door and we were in the wings so the outside insects could just walk right on in. After 10 min. we knew this wasn't going to happen. We demanded a refund and luckily DxL had a room for all our nights.

Did either of you write to the hotel manager? I wonder if they are aware of the complaints about the property (these aren't the only ones I've read). I'd love to see them fix things!

Upon checking out, I did share my concerns with the lead desk manager. He seemed interested.

We spoke directly to the hotel mamnager, book keeper, desk manager just to get our deposit back. They were very unprofessional and the room was a wreck. They kept offering us another room but we just wanted out. We were ther only 10-15 min but they wanted us to pay a 2 night fee for their run down room. The manager finally gave us our refund without the fee and we quickly moved on. Since this isn't a chain hotel there is no parent company to complain to beyond the local manager.

We had a very different experience...we loved the Grosvenor! Our room was wonderful and the service EXCELLENT! The trip to DW was to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary...I mentioned it to the desk clerk when we checked in. That evening a complimentary bottle of champagne arrived at our door. The pool was great, the hotel was very satisfactory to our needs, but the best thing we liked was the location! Every night we just strolled across the street to the Disney Marketplace!

My mom stayed there for a work-related convention and everything was really nice. The room was great, the service wasn't bad...she was really happy. Plus within walking distance to Downtown Disney..that was neat. Nope, no complaints.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter