Guarantee Status vs. IGT/OGT/VGT

When VGT is $500 less than the least expensive Inside Stateroom, as it was when I booked VGT, I'll take VGT every time.

:):)GT rates will not come out until the paid in full date of 75 days before the sailing..I am holding out for the May 16th cruise and the PIF date is March 2nd...once all those are cleared, then you'll start seeing GT rates pop up with usually VGT first at about the 50-70 day mark then IGT and OGT open up around the 30-45 day mark. One September cruise, they did not open up VGT until 30 days so I kind of freaked and bit the bullet and booked 2 VGT, but within 10 days, the IGT/OGT opened up and could have saved me another thousand...but it's a nerve wracking waiting game :)

Just saw a VGT rate for a star wars cruise the other day and they are a far ways away from the 75 day mark. So I am not sure about the 75 day mark part.

So, how many category of an upgrade is possible? Has anyone ever jumped up more than one category?

What do you think the chances of a Jun 7 day Caribbean cruise releasing a VGT rate? We are trying to decide if we should just bite the bullet and book now or wait it out and see if the VGT rates come out for a nice little discount.

When VGT is $500 less than the least expensive Inside Stateroom, as it was when I booked VGT, I'll take VGT every time.

That's what it was when I booked two days ago VGT was almost $1000 cheaper than inside state-room..

I have to amend my statement. If I'm ever VGT again and they try and put me in stateroom 10500 - 10530 on the Fantasy, I will do everything I can to switch staterooms before I board. We were given 10512 this time. I *never* wake up at 7 am unless I have to, and I've been awakened at that time or earlier every single day by jerks who don't know how to use free weights without dropping them on the deck every time they use them. I'm so tired by the time I get out of late dining all I want to do is just go back to the room and collapse, but then there is apparently crew using the weight room after hours, so I get more thudding and pounding of free weights and treadmills. This complete lack of sleep has not been worth the money I saved by letting Disney choose my room.

Just saw a VGT rate for a star wars cruise the other day and they are a far ways away from the 75 day mark. So I am not sure about the 75 day mark part.

What date? Are you sure you put in 2016 and not 2015?

I'm in Canada so sometimes I'm not familiar with all the US holidays. I'm hoping to get a IGT on any cruise leaving Florida from Oct 3-12. Is it likely to get something during this week? I know I'll likely have to wait until July or August to book.

I'm in Canada so sometimes I'm not familiar with all the US holidays. I'm hoping to get a IGT on any cruise leaving Florida from Oct 3-12. Is it likely to get something during this week? I know I'll likely have to wait until July or August to book.

That's a pretty calm time other than some fall breaks, Lemon.

If you were looking at 2016, what you saw was a GTY rate, that is not the same as a GT rate. GTY simply means that they can not assign a specific room number but they guarantee you if you book this rate that you will not receive a room below that level, but it could be higher as well. GTs never come out before the Paid in Full date...90 days for longer cruises (10+ days) and 75 for others...but as of March 3rd...the PIF date will be 90 for most...so you may see GT rates coming out at the 90 day mark on more in the future.

Our cruise is in 2.5 weeks and I STILL don't have our room assignment (VGT). Any ideas when it might show up?

Do they normally only do vgt rates for fantasy carribean January cruises?

I was hoping for an igt or ogt for jan 16 but unless i am reading the historical information wrong is this not likely?

Thanks

Do they normally only do vgt rates for fantasy carribean January cruises?

I was hoping for an igt or ogt for jan 16 but unless i am reading the historical information wrong is this not likely?

Thanks

*GT is offered when DCL needs to fill the ship. So it could be all categories (I, O or V) or only select categories. And it may be all cruises or only select cruises, or possibly no cruises for a given ship/itinerary/month.

Looking back, I see IGT and OGT were offered on the Fantasy for all January 2015 cruises except 1/3/15 which only had VGT. The VGTs were offered first, starting in November. OGT and IGT offers came out in December and into early January. Note that *GT rates may come and go based on availability; not all are released at the same time and some are removed sooner than others.

Enjoy your cruise!

I am hopefully taking my first Disney cruise in 10/2016 for our 25th. I read this whole thread and have one question. How do you know when a category has gone to GTY?

I am hopefully taking my first Disney cruise in 10/2016 for our 25th. I read this whole thread and have one question. How do you know when a category has gone to GTY?

GTY, which is NOT a discounted rate, happens when a certain percentage of a specific category has been booked. You'd find that out when you go to book and click on "Select Stateroom". If you can select your stateroom, the options (at least some of them...they don't list all as a rule) would appear. If it has crossed the threshold to become GTY you will see something stating that the category is in Guaranty status and if you select that you are agreeing to let Disney place you in ANY stateroom of that category or "higher" (though honestly their idea of "higher" may not be yours...I booked an 8B GTY for this past February which is Ocean View but got assigned 4E which is verandah, so theoretically an upgrade...but I don't like being that low down and prefer a higher deck so to me it wasn't an "upgrade" but given that I'd booked GTY I was stuck).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter