• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Guardians Help Please

Yeah I know how Fastpasses work my friend LOL, but that's not applicable considering their arrival time. If they arrive at the struce at 7:15 they still need to go through security, get on a tram and walk to the entrance of the park, whilst corralling 4 children, I would put them at the entrance around 8am, depending on the wait for tram. They won't be first in line for their fastpasses, their realistic pass time will be around 10-11 or 11-12.

Even if they arrive 15 minutes earlier like you suggested to OP, it would still put them at the gates around opening, while many people have been waiting already for an hour or more to be the first people in.

The truth is that I don't know how corralling kids adds to the experience. You make an excellent point. I also don't know how the M&F experience compares to the Toy Story Parking experience. All I know is my experience, on a Thursday, one week prior to the Thursday that the OP plans to attend. It seems to be a reasonable experience to work from, as the park hours and lack of EMH are identical.

We arrived at Toy Story Parking at 7:05, and were about the 25th car to be parked (I counted). We rode the bus and were through security and in the turnstile line (having used restrooms & rented a locker) by 7:25. We were through the turnstile by 7:35, and immediately entered the FP line. We got our FP at 8:03, with a return time of 8:55-9:55.

While there may have been some people standing in the line for an hour or more, there were only about 100-150 people in front of us in the FP line. I know, because I could see the entire line in front of me at 7:55, and I did a quick head count. (Obviously, that's a head count, not a count of actual park passes/FPs pulled.)

If the OP can plan well, there's a solid chance for an early FP for GotG, and then pulling a RSR FP very early on. It is, as far as I can tell, the best possible strategy for getting an FP for RSR before 3pm.

This is exactly what I was hoping for and I really appreciate the strategies! We are leaving north county sd at 6 am so we can be to Mickey and friends by 7. The other adult does not want to ride and neither does 1 kid. We are two Moms, my DD are 4 and 7 and her DD are 5 and 7 so all the advice is so great!

We left from San Marcos at 5:55am, and arrived at Toy Story Parking 1 hour and 10 minutes later, at 7:05.

I've never used the M&F structure -- we take the carpool lane, use the Gene Autry way exit, turn left on Haster, Right on Orangewood, Right on Harbor, and Right into Toy Story Parking.

The truth is that I don't know how corralling kids adds to the experience. You make an excellent point. I also don't know how the M&F experience compares to the Toy Story Parking experience. All I know is my experience, on a Thursday, one week prior to the Thursday that the OP plans to attend. It seems to be a reasonable experience to work from, as the park hours and lack of EMH are identical.

We arrived at Toy Story Parking at 7:05, and were about the 25th car to be parked (I counted). We rode the bus and were through security and in the turnstile line (having used restrooms & rented a locker) by 7:25. We were through the turnstile by 7:35, and immediately entered the FP line. We got our FP at 8:03, with a return time of 8:55-9:55.

While there may have been some people standing in the line for an hour or more, there were only about 100-150 people in front of us in the FP line. I know, because I could see the entire line in front of me at 7:55, and I did a quick head count. (Obviously, that's a head count, not a count of actual park passes/FPs pulled.)

If the OP can plan well, there's a solid chance for an early FP for GotG, and then pulling a RSR FP very early on. It is, as far as I can tell, the best possible strategy for getting an FP for RSR before 3pm.

Lol, whatever you say. You win, let's stop hijacking this poor lady's thread.

Has the FP line been dying down after the initial park opening rush or has it been staying consistently long? (To get the FP for GotG).

The Disneyland App is very helpful to monitor what the FP return time is. I checked at 10:48 am today (Saturday, 8 am park opening, no EMH) and FP return time was 925 - 1025 pm. Just checked again at 10:53 and no FP left.

Last edited:
We were there last Thursday at rope drop (8am) and I waited out the initial rush to the ride, went on TSM first, then pulled fp for Guardians after a 10min wait at 830. The line moved very quickly. Our return time was around 1:30

We were there last Thursday at rope drop (8am) and I waited out the initial rush to the ride, went on TSM first, then pulled fp for Guardians after a 10min wait at 830. The line moved very quickly. Our return time was around 1:30

That was how we did things when RSR was newer. We rode Toy Story first and then pulled FP because otherwise you waste time standing in a 15 minute FP line.

Does the FP line die down at all? I see a reference above to a 10 minute wait at 8:30. Anyone experience just a couple minute wait or is there a constant line until they're gone?

I went solo on Tuesday 5/30 on a non-EMH day for rope drop (M&F at 6:20 and inside DCA by 7:10) and was about 30 people back in the FP line for GOTG and my return time was 8:45-9:45. I went right to RSR and the wait was 20 minutes for standby. Single Rider was the same wait time roughly and I actually got through the line in 15 minutes.

My boyfriend and I went this last Sunday 6/4 for DCA EMH for rope drop at 9:00. We arrived at M&F by 6:20 and lined up at the gates by 7:20. They had 2 lines set up for main entrance until EMH and hotel guests were in, and they had a Family & Friends event going on as well during the same time. Before they allowed guests in for rope drop at 8:30, the FP return for GOTG was up to 9:45-10:45. We split up and I was about 60 people back for FP with a return time of 11:15-12:45. We went right to RSR with a 20 minute standby wait.

I'm not sure of the ages of the children, but they've been randomly handing out FP for APs for GOTG at the RSR FP Distribution for a return of 9:00-10:00PM. This is always random and isn't always shown on social media so it's a game of chance.

Does anyone know if you miss any of the queue or the Collector's museum if you use fast-pass? My daughter really wants to catch a glimpse of the Figment case...

Does anyone know if you miss any of the queue or the Collector's museum if you use fast-pass? My daughter really wants to catch a glimpse of the Figment case...

It depends on how long the wait is and even then you only see the outside queue on the ride side of the tower. The FP queue almost immediately gets you right into the Collector's office so you don't have a chance to really look at the exhibits.

It depends on how long the wait is and even then you only see the outside queue on the ride side of the tower. The FP queue almost immediately gets you right into the Collector's office so you don't have a chance to really look at the exhibits.
This is good info. Thanks! I guess that means I'm going to be stuck in the standby line at some point...

This is good info. Thanks! I guess that means I'm going to be stuck in the standby line at some point...

I know your predicament quite well... I've only done FP so far so I try to look at as much as I can while walking through :rolleyes1:laughing:

Sorry me again! I am loving all this feedback, so tomorrow is our big adventure to try and get on! 1 kid and 1 adult have already bowed out! We plan to be there for rope drop-no EMH tomorrow. Do you think to maximize fast passes we should just charge (me, DD7 & DDBFF7) and try and get in standby? Or is FP still the best strategy? We do not need to ride twice? Also anyone know if they are doing child swap passes in case the other adult gets brave enough?

Sorry me again! I am loving all this feedback, so tomorrow is our big adventure to try and get on! 1 kid and 1 adult have already bowed out! We plan to be there for rope drop-no EMH tomorrow. Do you think to maximize fast passes we should just charge (me, DD7 & DDBFF7) and try and get in standby? Or is FP still the best strategy? We do not need to ride twice? Also anyone know if they are doing child swap passes in case the other adult gets brave enough?

Get to the entrance of DCA 30 minutes early, get in line for the Guardians FP. Get FPs for the whole party, so you can maybe ride twice if you change your mind (or just pay it forward and give your extra FPs to a lucky guest) and definitely use the Child Swap when you use that Guardians FP.

After you get FP for Guardians get FP for WOC if you plan to see that show, then head to TSMM and ride that, then Screamin, Funwheel, Goofy, Swings, Jellyfish, Zephyr, Next FP will be for RSR, visit Bugs Land, Monsters Inc., use that Guardians FP. Next FP will be for Soarin, the final FP will be for Grizzly.

ME

The FP line does bypass most of the exhibits in the Collector's hall. I do enjoy going thru the area.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter