Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind ‘Holiday Remix’ will debut on November 25th!

So we’ll end up with some people getting both a VQ and paid LL and some people with nothing. It’s a terrible system and they could at least stagger the times so their IT system doesn’t inevitably fall over from demand.
This is what I’m afraid of too. Onsite people getting both and getting to ride twice in one day and offsite people not even getting a look in because we don’t have the option to buy $LL until we get there and they’ll obviously all be long gone by then and we’ll have to leave it to chance with VQ.

So if you don’t have a park reservation for Epcot, but want to purchase ILL…Can you do so at 7am OR do you have to wait until you enter the park at 2?

I think they should limit the ILL$ to people with park reservations, in the same way they do for VQ. It may distribute out people’s ability to ride a bit more evenly.

I think they should limit the ILL$ to people with park reservations, in the same way they do for VQ. It may distribute out people’s ability to ride a bit more evenly.
How would that work for people who have zero plans of being there in the morning, but like to hop over after 2pm?

How would that work for people who have zero plans of being there in the morning, but like to hop over after 2pm?
I guess it would eliminate people who have good luck/mastered the system from being able to ride multiple afternoons through hopping at the possible expense of people who may only be at Epcot one time on their trip from missing out.
Now if there happens to be enough ILL$ availability for all who are trying at 7am, then it becomes a moot point. You just have to pay to ride.

anyone hear anything about soft opening??? we so want to ride this but our trip ends on the 23rd so may have to wait til next trip unless we get luck with some pixie dust magic

I've seen all the preview videos so far, but trying to get an idea of motion sickness. Anyone here ride yet and what do you think? Some people a little motion issues and others had none.

A CM we spoke to last week said she felt the ride reminded her of Primevil Whirl when she rode it for CM previews. I replied, that it's not jerky like that ride was, right? And she gave a look like she thought it was. Obviously just 1 person's opinion, and I'm hopeful that it's a fun ride.

This is what I’m afraid of too. Onsite people getting both and getting to ride twice in one day and offsite people not even getting a look in because we don’t have the option to buy $LL until we get there and they’ll obviously all be long gone by then and we’ll have to leave it to chance with VQ.
Is there a way to "drop" your VQ if you also end up grabbing an $ILL? Husband and I are going to try both at 7am on our EPCOT day to try to maximize our chances of riding, but we don't want to hog all the ride spots if we happen to get both - one ride seems fair :)

A CM we spoke to last week said she felt the ride reminded her of Primevil Whirl when she rode it for CM previews. I replied, that it's not jerky like that ride was, right? And she gave a look like she thought it was. Obviously just 1 person's opinion, and I'm hopeful that it's a fun ride.
It is not jerky at all - the movement of the car swiveling is very smooth. PW was very much a neck and back type of jarring ride, but GotG is nothing like that.

It is not jerky at all - the movement of the car swiveling is very smooth. PW was very much a neck and back type of jarring ride, but GotG is nothing like that.
Thanks - without knowing much about the ride experience, I was hopeful for at least a Disney version of a thrill ride coaster. I avoided PW, and I avoid just about anything that spins a lot like Alien Swirling, teacups.

The reports I have watched say it is super smooth feeling. Just not sure about the spinning. Tea cups make me seriously dizzy.

The reports I have watched say it is super smooth feeling. Just not sure about the spinning. Tea cups make me seriously dizzy.
Maybe someone who just rode it can tell us if there is excessive fast spinning like PW or slower, infrequent spinning? We just got back Sat night, so missed a potential AP preview by a hair.

Other than me (afraid of spinning), we have a vertigo person, afraid of heights person, afraid of big coasters in general person in our group. So the 4 of us are a wild bunch.

The ride is very smooth, but will cause issues for some. I was in First Aid on Monday, and saw several people asking for Dramamine. Not sure if ALL of them were asking due to GOTG, but a mother daughter pair mentioned they had ridden it an hour previously and were still feeling off. I heard the CM offer meclezine but she said it’s better as a preventative rather than after. I made sure to take some before my ride on Tuesday and fared pretty well. There’s not full circles of spinning but there’s definitely spinning sideways, moving up and down, and dark areas where you don’t know which way you’re going to move.

Personally, I loved the ride and think it would be worth a little queasiness, but I might have thought differently if I had a really rough time. There were a few times that I made a point of looking for a point in the distance.

This is at least tied as my favorite ride in WDW (other is Flight of Passage) and has now beat out Rock n Rollercoaster as my favorite WDW thrill ride. On RNR, I always wait extra to get the front row, because the back feels super rough to me. We sat in the very back on GOTG and it was super smooth.

ETA: movement might be somewhat similar to Primeval Whirl (or Primeval Hurl), but not as bad. Not sure how close. I never tried to ride PW twice in a row, but I completely would have gone right back on GOTG if they had let us.

The ride is very smooth, but will cause issues for some. I was in First Aid on Monday, and saw several people asking for Dramamine. Not sure if ALL of them were asking due to GOTG, but a mother daughter pair mentioned they had ridden it an hour previously and were still feeling off. I heard the CM offer meclezine but she said it’s better as a preventative rather than after. I made sure to take some before my ride on Tuesday and fared pretty well. There’s not full circles of spinning but there’s definitely spinning sideways, moving up and down, and dark areas where you don’t know which way you’re going to move.

Personally, I loved the ride and think it would be worth a little queasiness, but I might have thought differently if I had a really rough time. There were a few times that I made a point of looking for a point in the distance.

This is at least tied as my favorite ride in WDW (other is Flight of Passage) and has now beat out Rock n Rollercoaster as my favorite WDW thrill ride. On RNR, I always wait extra to get the front row, because the back feels super rough to me. We sat in the very back on GOTG and it was super smooth.

ETA: movement might be somewhat similar to Primeval Whirl (or Primeval Hurl), but not as bad. Not sure how close. I never tried to ride PW twice in a row, but I completely would have gone right back on GOTG if they had let us.
Thank you for this. Dramamine makes me super drowsy, and I'd hesitate to take at WDW. The last time I took it on a cruise, I was falling asleep while in the shower.

I guess good that there are not fully circle spinning. And PW randomly spun at any time and sometimes prolonged. As long as it's not constant. I mean, there's a reason PW was not that popular. I'm sure some of us liked it... I just don't personally know anyone.

The fact that you're classifying this as a thrill ride tells me that it's at least not just a slow moving theme ride. I agree that RnR in the back can result in head jarring into the restraints, which I think is a result of the launch acceleration and the periodic pulls. Without really knowing, I wouldn't think GotG could have anything that approaches RnR in terms of speed, hills, turns.... given there is spinning involved.

It'll be interesting to see the shifts in crowds with these 2 new attractions, along with Rat, at EP. HS had a huge jolt with SDD, then Rise & MF. MK always attracts crowds. AK continues to be left in the dust in terms of new developments. Yet AK is the most popular in our family, and we continue to have to visit it more. 3x in our recent week.

Does it still feel like a Disney " family friendly " coaster, or does it feel like a six flags, I wanna get off this things, its scary coaster?

For the record, I like Rocking rollercoaster, minus the launch spin, yet I don't mind the Everest backwards part.

thats good to here because PW was the most painful horrible ride I have ever been on and just hearing it being compared to PW would make me afraid to ride it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter