"Guest Days" Coming To Disney's All-Star Resort

Seems like they may be having trouble getting people to book those resorts. Sounds kind of fun, but I don't know that I would be lured to book one of those for something that might or might not happen.

Seems like they may be having trouble getting people to book those resorts. Sounds kind of fun, but I don't know that I would be lured to book one of those for something that might or might not happen.

I think the total opposite. They have no trouble booking the value resorts for the budget conscious. Plus all the sports teams stay there. I am staying there next month and have had several wonderful stays at Sports.

I think the total opposite. They have no trouble booking the value resorts for the budget conscious. Plus all the sports teams stay there. I am staying there next month and have had several wonderful stays at Sports.

I agree that they seem like a great value, and I am sure there are plenty of people who love them. I am not dissing the resorts. It just seems that there must be a reason Disney might add this. I know that last minute the All Star Resorts seem to be some of the last available. There are just a lot of them.

It just seems that there must be a reason Disney might add this.
I just returned from Sports and they were completely booked most nights-Choir groups,Band groups,Graduation trips,etc.

I don't think it has anything to do with trying to attract more Guests to the All-Stars-I think it is just another little touch they are doing for their Guests( I don't expect "Guest Days" to be huge,extravagant events-just a nice,little extra for Guests).:)

I just returned from Sports and they were completely booked most nights-Choir groups,Band groups,Graduation trips,etc.

I don't think it has anything to do with trying to attract more Guests to the All-Stars-I think it is just another little touch they are doing for their Guests( I don't expect "Guest Days" to be huge,extravagant events-just a nice,little extra for Guests).:)

I hope that is true. Disney has not exactly been in "Let's do little extras for the guests just because" mode lately. It would be nice to see more of that.

It sounds like it might fall into line with what I would call "operation crowd control". Disney is trying new things to get some people to do things outside of the parks themselves. It has been evident since the tiered pricing structure based on date of entry date went into effect.
The parks are overly full on many dates. Doing little things like this might give some folks reason enough to leave the park early or do an "off" day at the resort.

I'm not sure they have trouble booking these resorts, but I also wonder if DIsney is tying to get folks to use the resort as part of their vacation. So far, I see a lot of people who book the values because they only shower and sleep in the room. If Disney wants to encourage people to step out of the parks for some fun, this may be the way to go.

I do think Disney has a problem when it comes to how guests are accepting the cuts everywhere. Perhaps this is something that can reverse the growing perception that Disney is not a "bargain" any longer. YOu book a package, you want a total value. If your family can leave the resort saying that it was more than a bed and bath, and the cost to Disney is negligible, well..... It may be a bonus!

We've stayed at values on at least 6 different trips. We use them for so much more than shower and sleep. With the Summer heat you have to take time to enjoy the Pool, pool games, movies by the pool, bingo, Disney trivia etc...

I think we need to see how BIG these events are.

My "guess" is they won't be so BIG that they will "turn heads" and cause folks to book an All-Star just because of "Guest Days"-I think they will be just a small extra for Guests-nothing to get too excited about.

I wouldn't mind being wrong though!:)

I hope that is true. Disney has not exactly been in "Let's do little extras for the guests just because" mode lately. It would be nice to see more of that.
The reason I think it is just another nice,little extra for Guests,is because especially at All-Star Sports,they have been adding nice,little touches for Guests latlely such as 24/7 access to the Arcade,becoming the first value to offer Pool Towels and providing 24/7 access to the Beverage Island.:)

Only thing I can see that's different is cookie decorating.. They always play music at pool.

We had a great time at ASMovies on our last trip (and we are staying there again in 9 days). One of my favorite memories of the last trip: we were in the pool while they were showing 'Frozen'. Once 'Let it Go' started, everyone in the pool started singing along (including a group of 5 boys about 8-10 just belting their hearts out). It was very sweet.

I'd be interested to see what they would offer at ASMovies, but don't know if I would change plans for it.

Only thing I can see that's different is cookie decorating.. They always play music at pool.
Yes,it doesn't look like a whole lot,but I give them credit for at least planning something.

It does look like DJ Wednesdays has some sort of "photo op".:)

Last edited:

Isn't that the truth! I highly highly doubt Disney is doing this just to be nice to their guests. It just doesn't seem to be the mindset right now. If nothing else, I'm sure it's some "test" to see how ppl. respond and if they can charge for something with a little more in the future.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter