• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Guilty!

We're doing your weekend in reverse! DNeph and I are doing the weekend at USF, then heading over for one night at AKL and the P&P party on the 29th - back home on the 30th. Just a quick trip to get out of the cold (now that it is finally cold!!)- couldn't resist those $64.- r/t fares on Spirit - and it's a lot more fun than staying home during teacher's inservice days!!:thumbsup2 ENJOY - can't wait to see your pics!! pirate:
PS: I'll let you all know about the 4 PM entrance - we have 4:10 ADRs at LTT for dinner, even though the CM I talked to insisted there would be no early entry for this party (figure she just doesn't know how it REALLY works!).

Why aren't you bringing your daughter? (tell R Jodie said HI!)

I'm actually doing this in hopes of encouraging Roxy. I told her if she can raise one of her grades this week that she can come with us. Her report card with the "unsatisfactory" was able to spell Homer Simpson's favorite beer!:drinking1
I'm hoping this P&P pirate: princess: thing doesn't attract too many. It's new isn't it? I read somewhere that you can get a head start if you have dinner ressies but didn't know you could get in at 4. We couldn't get there by then anyway. As it is I'm picking Bob up at the hospital and he can shed the scrubs on the way. With check in might get there by 7.
Florida resident rates are $155 for water view at AKL. Standard was $135 but not available.
What do you think guys, should we dress up? Our last MK visit was the Halloween thing and I dressed up like a CM. One CM got all up in my face and told me to take off the name tag or he was going get me kicked out of the park. What was really cool was how he did it in front of my daughter. Even if I don't wear CM duds people have a tendency to approach me and ask where something is or if their kid can do this or that. I must look a lot like Walt.

I'm guilty, also. In a week we're headed to Universal for a few days and then to Disney, including a princess and pirate night. (uh-oh, so now I've admitted to that AND watching Donald Trump every week. Hope ya'll don't kick me right outta here).

Anyway, Fan2CSkr, the party doesn't officially start until 7:30 but people are presuming that if Disney runs this like the Halloween and Christmas parties -can't remember all those acromyn initials right now - then partygoers may be allowed in with just a party ticket as much as three hours early. Or, perhaps, even earlier if you have dinner reservations in the park.

Damo, did you get your info regarding a 4 p.m. entry directly from a cm? If so, that's great news to have it confirmed.:yay:

When I called Disney to order the party tickets, the CM told me that you could enter at 4. I didn't ask this, she volunteered the information. Appparently that is always the case for these special events as I have now found out from other posters. For us, it is a wonderful deal. It saved me about $150. After reading the reports on the first party last night, the ride lines were quite short. That is perfect for us because it is the rides that we really want to do. The fireworks were also supposed to be spectacular.

There is a review here http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1334215 where the poster got in at 4 yesterday.

I'm actually doing this in hopes of encouraging Roxy. I told her if she can raise one of her grades this week that she can come with us. Her report card with the "unsatisfactory" was able to spell Homer Simpson's favorite beer!:drinking1
I'm hoping this P&P pirate: princess: thing doesn't attract too many. It's new isn't it? I read somewhere that you can get a head start if you have dinner ressies but didn't know you could get in at 4. We couldn't get there by then anyway. As it is I'm picking Bob up at the hospital and he can shed the scrubs on the way. With check in might get there by 7.
Florida resident rates are $155 for water view at AKL. Standard was $135 but not available.
What do you think guys, should we dress up? Our last MK visit was the Halloween thing and I dressed up like a CM. One CM got all up in my face and told me to take off the name tag or he was going get me kicked out of the park. What was really cool was how he did it in front of my daughter. Even if I don't wear CM duds people have a tendency to approach me and ask where something is or if their kid can do this or that. I must look a lot like Walt.
Aww that Disney love.:rotfl:

I feel like I'm cheating on US/IOA but we'll go there Saturday to ease my guilt.

Seriously, why would you feel guilty? WDW has alot to offer. As does US/IOA. I love going to both places. Do I feel guilty if I go to one and not the other. Not at all! After all, they are big business and I think they will be 'okay' with it. :lmao:

I'm not really guilty for going to WDW. In fact I'm kind of proud that this year I'm celebrating the 50th anniversary of my first trip to see the Mouse in Disneyland. Actually they say it all started with the Mouse but anyone who was alive clear back then knew that DL's biggest thing was Davy Crockett. I treasure my photo with Fess Parker and Buddy Ebson. I have never gotten into a Mickey Mouse cartoon.
I've taken the kids to WDW since they were infants. People accuse me of having children just to justify all the Orlando trips. I've tried to keep each visit fresh by saving a ride that we have never done or getting a photo of an obscure character. Once I gave my son and daughter each a disposable camera and offered a hundred dollar bill to the one that could get a picture of a family member with Daisy Duck. That was fun. I realized that we might have visited MK too many times when my daughter, who was 8 at the time, recited every pun in advance when we rode the Jungle Cruise. The CM let her go and she was even pointing out the hidden Mickeys.
We have attended USF since it opened and now that the kids are older they seem to prefer the thrills and more grown up nature of shows. I love the FOTL offered by the onsite hotels. I think the restaurants are better, it's cheaper and the crowds/lines are not as large.
The reason I say I'm guilty is from time to time people come to the US/IOA boards and bash Universal. I defend USF and have been known to get a little abrasive in my defense. I love theme parks, amusement parks and zoos. I wouldn't go to a Miami Zoo discussion board and say how much better the San Diego Zoo is (even though it is).
I will go Friday night guilt free and ride a ride that I have avoided for years- Space Mountain!:scared1:

No, leave the photo in your siggie, extra big! Also in your siggie include the links to every trip report you've ever written, ever!

I went to the Dis boards for info and found a thread that had 28 pagespopcorn:: Half of the posts are quotes of an entire previous post with only a smilie waving. Most have so much stuff at the bottom that your not sure if it's in the post until you see it all later with a little smilie. Some are so sweet that I was concerned that I might have diabetes from just reading them. It sure makes me appreciate all ya'll on the Universal boards!:grouphug:

I hear ya, MF! Sometimes when I venture over there, I'll "hide signatures." Wonder if you can still do that with all the board changes?

I went to the Dis boards for info and found a thread that had 28 pagespopcorn:: Half of the posts are quotes of an entire previous post with only a smilie waving. Most have so much stuff at the bottom that your not sure if it's in the post until you see it all later with a little smilie. Some are so sweet that I was concerned that I might have diabetes from just reading them. It sure makes me appreciate all ya'll on the Universal boards!:grouphug:

Well, that's enough to make me want to take out my signature which I finally just put in a few days ago (after three years of membership and a whopping total of 45 posts. Ooops, now it'll be 46 :rotfl: )

I was just about to start a new thread to say hi I'm online again(finally) and how is everyone when I saw Motherflether's post. Still hilarious I see. :rotfl:
I've had Dis'er withdrawel for months.
How is everyone on the Universal boards been? We are planning a grad trip for my daughter this June. Can't wait! Going from June 6th through 19th. Its earlier than we usually go. Will I miss grad nights and crowds as such?

Welcome back! We're going to PBH the 22nd for a couple of nights so we'll just miss you again.:sad2: Grad Bash was the end of April last year.

I have to go to MK tonight and being a pirate.pirate: Or a princessprincess:
When I got up this morning it was :cold: Tonight's pool view room is going to be empty. When it's cold here it's the Tundra in Orlando! Low 40's? I was talking about disecting Mickey earlier but we might really have to so we can crawl into the carcass to warm up. I hope AKL will let me upgrade to the frozen animal view.
Here's the plan- I'm going to wear all Universal stuff and ask CM's where Dr. Doom is and even pay my AKL bill with a Scooby Do check.

"Here's the plan- I'm going to wear all Universal stuff and ask CM's where Dr. Doom is and even pay my AKL bill with a Scooby Do check."

I hope they treat you the way US TMs treat me when I pull out my Visa with the castle on it!! Always cracks me up!:lmao:
Have fun at the party tonight - I leave for the airport at 5:30 AM tomorrow morning, can I assume that you will have already written a review of the party by then??:surfweb: ;) Checking into RPR tomorrow and AKL on Monday- actually found a thermal shirt for DNeph with a skull and crossbones on it - looks like he's going to need it under his pirate get up- I hope they have the hot tubs bubbling!! Won't seem bad to me - there's snow on the ground here today (finally!) and bitter howling winds! Can't wait to get back to FLA!!:cool:

I hope they treat you the way US TMs treat me when I pull out my Visa with the castle on it!! Always cracks me up!:lmao:

Us too! We're saving toward our Disney cruise next year.....I've had that card over a year and the cruise isn't even available to book yet! :rotfl: BUT, we have over 500 points accumulated on it....going to help pay for that cruise a little bit!;)

Hey, I just saw this in my Disney Insider. MF, I've taken the liberty to highlight some of the activities you MUST do while there:

Swashbuckling Thrills and Royal Girls -- Now at the Magic Kingdom

Walt Disney World Resort has always been a place where dreams come true. And starting this week, Guests have the chance to live out two of the most popular fantasies around. If you've always wanted be a jolly buccaneer or discover your inner royalty, Disney's Princess and Pirate Party is for you. From swashbuckling tutorials and dance parties to a spectacular parade and fireworks show, this is a special opportunity that's not quite like anything the Magic Kingdom Park has done before.

For just 13 nights through March, a ticket to the party (you'll need a special party ticket, which includes Park admission during party hours) buys you a magical experience. We talked to show director Tara Anderson while the event was in the final planning stages to learn what to expect -- and to get a few tips for getting the most out of the experience.

"Basically, Mickey and Minnie are hosting a party that combines two of their favorite things -- swashbuckling adventure and royal romance," she says. "This is a party where we're letting our Guests to become the pirate or princess of their dreams. We have got areas set up all over the Park -- Pirate Coves and Princess Courts -- where they can meet their favorite Princesses or pirates. We have treasures throughout the Magic Kingdom that they can collect -- beads and chocolate coins and other chocolate treasures. We're giving them a little bag to put them in. We also have a brand-new fireworks show and a brand-new parade as part of this event."

Practically every area of the Park has something special to see and do: in Tomorrowland, you'll find break-dancing space pirates and an out-of-this-world DJ dance party. In Mickey's Toontown Fair, there's the Princess Pavilion -- the best bet for autograph seekers. Toontown is also the site of the Pirate Playground -- if you want to play Dunk the Pirate or Catapult the Treasure, you're in luck. Another Dance Party in Fantasyland will give Guests a chance to boogie down with Sebastian and Flounder, rarely encountered in person.
Adventureland hosts the Pirates of the Caribbean (of course!) and is also the site for Princess Jasmine's Court. That's where you'll find Princess Jasmine's Royal Guard Recruitment -- "it's an activity-type show where kids can come up and try some moves with their invisible scimitars, provided by Genie, to see if they have what it takes to protect the Princess," Tara explains.

Tara recommends staking out a spot on Main Street USA for the grand parade. And she warns us that it's not something you'll want to miss! "We have beautiful new music and costumes. It's called Disney's Enchanted Adventures Parade. The Enchanted Adventures Song is the main song -- it's all about stepping into a story and entering into an adventure. We have a Jolly Roger Flag Corps, with the kind of flag work you see in marching bands with color guards. That's something we haven't done before. We're taking the parade to a place we haven't been in the Magic Kingdom, so that's very exciting to me."

If you watched the Walt Disney World Christmas Day Parade, you got a little sample from this parade -- the pirate ship float. A crew of daring stunt buccaneers will bring this beautiful vessel to rollicking life. "We're going to have stunt pirates on there swinging from the mast and climbing the ratlines and sword-fighting and all kinds of stuff. It's very exciting! We're also going to have knights on horseback, and Jasmine and Ali riding horses. It's just going to be beautiful," Tara sighs.

As if that's not enough, the nights are capped off with a brand-new fireworks display. "Our fireworks show is going to be terrific. It's called Magic, Music, and Mayhem, and it's going to feature all the Princess themes and magical characters like the fairies, and also pirates (of course!) and Tinker Bell. Also, for the first time at the Magic Kingdom, Tinker Bell will appear in our parade."

She concludes "I think it's for everybody! Children will love it, but so will kids at heart. Pirates have such a wide appeal, and I think everybody (me included) likes to dress up now and then and feel pretty, and be treated like royalty. I just think there's going to be lots to do ... and you have a bag of booty when you're done!"

Disney's Princess and Pirate Party runs selected nights from now through March 8. The Party hours are from 7:30 p.m. to 12:30 a.m. -- plenty of time to dance, explore -- and dream

Now, don't forget to come back and write a trip report!!
:goodvibes

This sounds like it will be fun, MF. How about your daughter, did she get her grade up enough to go?

so some of you do go both ways;) ...

it's okay to admit it:lmao: , i get the same comments on the other threads as to why i'd ever want to go to Universal since i own DVC & have APs:confused3 duh...cause it's fun too!

never did get the "us against them mentality" as to favorite parks.

btw, expedition everest is fantastic! Say hello to my little friend.
disney_yeti.jpg
if you have a chance to snoop around AKL, check out upper floors as to building progress:thumbsup2 .

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter