Gutted all over again about losing Josh easyWDW

Mrs~Incredible

Mouseketeer
Like many of you here, I am still gutted by the loss of our dear friend and blogger extraordinaire Josh Humphrey this past March. I occasionally still went to his website and forum, but it appears as though it is now deactivated.

I do hope his family can share/sell a collection of his writings, either for their own profit/needs or for a charity that would have meant something to him.

He had such a way with words, I still enjoyed reading his old posts.

Miss you Josh.

Last edited:
Like many of you here, I am still gutted by the loss of our dear friend and blogger extraordinaire Josh Humphrey this past March. I occasionally still went to his website and forum, but it appears as though it is now deactivated.

I do hope his family can share/sell a collection of his writings, either for their own profit/needs or for a charity that would have meant something to him.

He had such a way with words, I still enjoyed reading his old posts.

Miss you Josh.
I just noticed that too this afternoon and came here to see if I could figure out when it had happened. Easywdw was a daily click for me when Josh was writing. Searching for news I did come across this for the first time and really enjoyed reading it: https://touringplans.com/blog/s6-easywdw/

I was a frequent contributor to the easyWDW Fora and will miss checking in to read the latest news, catch up on Trip Reports, and annoy everyone with my Dad Jokes. I hope there’s a way to somehow keep it going, even if it’s on a different platform.

George

I just noticed that too this afternoon and came here to see if I could figure out when it had happened. Easywdw was a daily click for me when Josh was writing. Searching for news I did come across this for the first time and really enjoyed reading it: https://touringplans.com/blog/s6-easywdw/

I managed to miss this tribute when I was surfing all the Disney blogs looking for mentions of Josh back when he passed. Absolutely amazing. Thank you for sharing.

If you google the wayback machine and type in Josh’s blog, you can see the archived posts. I discovered the wayback machine when Television Without Pity was taken down. Some of the archived sites are a bit futzy to navigate, but you can still find Josh’s writing. I wasn’t sure if posting the links was okay, so I’m just putting the info out there. I was at WDW last week for food and wine and it hit me all over again that we will never have the pleasure of reading Josh’s reviews of the various offerings at each booth. Just so incredibly sad.

If you google the wayback machine and type in Josh’s blog, you can see the archived posts. I discovered the wayback machine when Television Without Pity was taken down. Some of the archived sites are a bit futzy to navigate, but you can still find Josh’s writing. I wasn’t sure if posting the links was okay, so I’m just putting the info out there. I was at WDW last week for food and wine and it hit me all over again that we will never have the pleasure of reading Josh’s reviews of the various offerings at each booth. Just so incredibly sad.
Thank you. And yes, so incredibly sad.

It was an annual tradition for my husband and I to prepare for food and wine with Josh's blog. We haven't been since 2019 due to covid, but 'felt like' we were there when reading. We are heading back this November, and it's just not the same... I'm still so sad for his family and the whole easyWDW community.

We went to DL Paris last week. I had several moments where I thought of Josh. He was such a big part of our family’s trip planning for many years. It is nice to read that other people are still thinking of him. He was so brilliant and funny. We lost a very special person.

It was an annual tradition for my husband and I to prepare for food and wine with Josh's blog. We haven't been since 2019 due to covid, but 'felt like' we were there when reading. We are heading back this November, and it's just not the same... I'm still so sad for his family and the whole easyWDW community.
Same! We did F&W in 2019 and my boys read Josh's blog posts to pick which items they would eat "around the world." Not having his take on these festivals and changes around the park is sadly different. I did get to meet him that trip - ran into him on the path between BLT & MK and he was so nice when I literally yelled his name as I realized who he was. I thanked him for all his time and writing and for how much his tips contributed to our trip...because "Josh says we should..." was our family's opening statement to anything park related!

Gutted as well. Took our first WDW trip without gearing up through Josh's site. We had our worst trip ever due to many factors, but I can attest that not having EasyWDW was the harbinger of things to come.

I did take a minute when walking through a mostly-empty Animal Kingdom to frame a picture in my mind and caption it, "Feels crowded." You'll be missed for a very long time, Josh.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter