H20 Products being Discontinued

Could someone report whether this had come to fruition at the resorts yet? It's the middle of February. I'm just wondering if H2O is gone now, and if so, what has it been replaced with?

Anybody within the last couple of weeks or there now willing to comment?

Carts were locked when we were there. Yes we saw someone trying to break into it. Sad.
tres sad.

Housekeeping always gives me many more of anything I request than what I expected. Towels, coffee, H20 products, all you have to do is... wait for it... ASK!

Still had them in the GV at RIV this week. The only things at CCV was the lotion and hand soaps

Last edited:
Could someone report whether this had come to fruition at the resorts yet? It's the middle of February. I'm just wondering if H2O is gone now, and if so, what has it been replaced with?

AS Mu had last week In the bolted to wall dispensers. We may or may have not emptied the shampoo.:rolleyes1

Still there the last 2 weeks. In wall dispensers at SSR and in small bottles at BCV.

yes to H2o products at OKW.

We went to MM Wednesday night at EPCOT and it was wonderful. I forgot how great the World Showcase is at night. The VIBE is so different. Loved Regal Eagle sides as our extras. Firework and “Right Where We Belong” theme song for DVC was sentimentally fitting.

Bar soaps, hand lotion, and shower dispensers were at OKW the last week of January.

tres sad.

Housekeeping always gives me many more of anything I request than what I expected. Towels, coffee, H20 products, all you have to do is... wait for it... ASK!
Exactly and no reason for people to hoard the stuff to take home. Which is why the carts are locked.

I don’t like the product line and neither does my skin and hair. Interested to see the replacements.

Although to be honest no hotel soaps or shampoo’s particularly like me. Only time I had a good experience was with a hotel that I can’t remember but they used Neutrogena products. I want to say it was a Hyatt or Hilton but it was years ago.

I think they should go with Equate.
Lol although many of their generic health products do work well enough that I’ve tried

ask most bottle blondes and they’ll admit to bringing their own products on vacation to protect their ‘investment’. I specifically avoid Sodium lauryl Sulfate for dermatological reasons. H20 lists it as an ingredient. Do enjoy that eucalyptus smell :cloud9:from the family lathering up.

We were at The Grand Californian (hotel room, not DVC) on Feb 4-11 and we had travel size H2O products in our room on the first day. They were not replenished when we had housekeeping in but maybe that's normal.

Apparently, now people are draining the wall dispensers too...
‘Ya think? In my mind it’s likely more of a travel size dollop becoming a souvenir than a person standing in the tub repeatedly pumping the container.:scratchin One thing my DH does mention every morning of our stays is how long it takes to get the appropriate amount of shampoo out of the wall container

disney thinks things out from every conceivable angle. then, gets the lawyers to sign off on it. Nothing escapes multiple sets of eyes. If this were a concern, they’d have installed smaller containers long ago.

frankly, if it would save any $ on dues or they’d offer a small GC (as they used to for skipping housekeeping at the resorts) I’d prefer they not provide any toiletries. Can easily toss a roll of Scott’s TP into my luggage from home while I’m at it, if that helps the cause.

‘Ya think? In my mind it’s likely more of a travel size dollop becoming a souvenir than a person standing in the tub repeatedly pumping the container.:scratchin One thing my DH does mention every morning of our stays is how long it takes to get the appropriate amount of shampoo out of the wall container

disney thinks things out from every conceivable angle. then, gets the lawyers to sign off on it. Nothing escapes multiple sets of eyes. If this were a concern, they’d have installed smaller containers long ago.

frankly, if it would save any $ on dues or they’d offer a small GC (as they used to for skipping housekeeping at the resorts) I’d prefer they not provide any toiletries. Can easily toss a roll of Scott’s TP into my luggage from home while I’m at it, if that helps the cause.

I hope they never get rid of them. I love not having to worry!!

The problem with having DVC guests supply their own soaps and TP, etc., is that the same rooms are used for cash resort guests. It wastes time for housekeeping to check whick type of guest is going to be in the room, and them run up with supplies. Especially since the front desks can change room assignments at the drop of a hat.

Last edited:
Weren't you the one that said:
Indeed, I did. Since you appear to be interested in my previous comments…

Will go so far as to state I have absolutely no compunction with bringing a travel size bottle (3 oz TSA sort) home of it with us. Especially considering that only the mr uses it out of our party

Additionally, I have zero interest in chastising those who elect to do the same or even those who deign to help themselves to a larger amount from the in-room dispenser.

Is it at all redeeming that I draw the line at helping myself to the extra toll Scott’s TP, even tho I use it at home due to plumbing situation?:upsidedow

Don’t want to hijack the thread. Somewhat surprised I haven’t seen one previously on the board with a poll as to whether this sort of thot on this subject is in the minority.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter