Hall of Presidents rehab extended?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Again, I just wonder what effort Disney made to accommodate President Obama in 2009 and what effort is being made now. Certainly you have seen a difference in how the media has treated the two presidents, and certainly you understand that Disney is part of a media conglomerate.

My point is this view has just as much validity at this time as the view from anonymous sources that say Disney has tried but President Trump won't cooperate. It is all just noise. We won't likely know anything until the HoP re-opens, and maybe not even then...

The following is pure speculation on my part:

I'm imagining President Trump wanting his voice recording in HOP to include his well-known campaign slogan which he copyrighted shortly after the 2012 election. I can also imagine Disney interpreting this as self promotion and not wanting to include elements of a speech that could potentially generate current and/or future revenue for the person(s) that owns the rights to that copyright.

Again just thinking out loud here. Only speculation on my part. I have no evidence of this nor have I ever read anything that would lead me to believe this is actually the case. Just thinking out loud here.

Last edited:
Again, I just wonder what effort Disney made to accommodate President Obama in 2009 and what effort is being made now. Certainly you have seen a difference in how the media has treated the two presidents, and certainly you understand that Disney is part of a media conglomerate.

My point is this view has just as much validity at this time as the view from anonymous sources that say Disney has tried but President Trump won't cooperate. It is all just noise. We won't likely know anything until the HoP re-opens, and maybe not even then...

How much accommodation do you think they made? You can read the transcript. There is nothing there that is overtly political. It was done one day in March taking 20 minutes at the White House. Those facts are known. Do you think they didn't offer the same thing to Trump? A short, non-political script and a visit to the WH basically on his schedule some time in the closure period that would give them time to finish by the expected reopening? Trump just took his first overseas trip, so in theory he's been around, or at least in country, since inauguration. This shouldn't have been hard to schedule. I feel like people are grasping at straws instead of looking at the obvious.

The keyword here is "RUMOR"

The Vice story = Rumor
Trump speaking = Rumor
Trump NOT speaking = Rumor
Extended Closure = Rumor
Going back to pre 90's = Rumor

There is one concrete FACT from Disney itself and that is Bob Iger in November saying "work has already begun on a cast of Trump's face"

Thats the facts folks.

How much accommodation do you think they made? You can read the transcript. There is nothing there that is overtly political. It was done one day in March taking 20 minutes at the White House. Those facts are known. Do you think they didn't offer the same thing to Trump? A short, a political script and a visit to the WH basically on his schedule some time in the closure period that would give them time to finish by the expected reopening? Trump just took his first overseas trip, so in theory he's been around, or at least in country, since inauguration. This shouldn't have been hard to schedule. I feel like people are grasping at straws instead of looking at the obvious.

I don't know. Do you?

I don't know. Do you?

Yes, I am sure they did offer him the same accommodation they offered Obama.

BTW, there are tons of rumors on this site that are true based solely on anonymous sources, that haven't even been vetted by a real media company. Just because a source is anonymous to us, doesn't mean they are anonymous to the news organization, and most media organizations vet their information before publishing it.

We'll see what end up happening, but I am sure Trump wants to do more of a campaign speech or brag about himself speech than something similar to what Obama did. I am also sure he doesn't like the idea of other people making money off his name and likeness. I don't Disney wants a political speech in HOP and they definitely aren't going to pay him.

How much accommodation do you think they made? You can read the transcript. There is nothing there that is overtly political. It was done one day in March taking 20 minutes at the White House. Those facts are known. Do you think they didn't offer the same thing to Trump? A short, non-political script and a visit to the WH basically on his schedule some time in the closure period that would give them time to finish by the expected reopening? Trump just took his first overseas trip, so in theory he's been around, or at least in country, since inauguration. This shouldn't have been hard to schedule. I feel like people are grasping at straws instead of looking at the obvious.
Heck, he's spent a bunch of time in Florida. Could've done it at Mar-a-Lago one of those weekends.

Is it taking longer than expected? I recall it being closed for almost a year after Obama was elected.

Yep, usually it's done by at least mid July. I hope that the Muppets don't get tomatoes thrown at them because of it. Fozzie's the only one whose used to that.

I say they go with the narrator.

They could always make a Morgan Freeman animatronic and have him give the speech. .

Totally love this idea!!!!

Let's keep politics, social engineering, and anything else that causes societal controversy, out of WDW. I just want a place to go with my family to have a good time and leave this world behind for a few hours or days.

Totally love this idea!!!!

Let's keep politics, social engineering, and anything else that causes societal controversy, out of WDW. I just want a place to go with my family to have a good time and leave this world behind for a few hours or days.

And why I only go in HoP to get out of the rain. I go to the Magic Kingdom, to leave reality. I don't need a history lesson in the middle of my vacation. I do CoP every few years, again for rain and A/C but at least there is some humor in it. Honestly they can close HoP, move it to Epcot and convert that into a Haunted Mansion restaurant there's been rumor of. Guaranteed it has more guests in an hour than HoP has in days.

Last edited:
They have to get the hair *just* right. :-)

And the skin tone. It's not something they'd have in stock, I'm guessing. It would have to be tested with lighting, etc.

I'll be pretty disappointed if Disney doesn't give President Trump a speaking role... there is no reason other than giving in to pressure due controversy to go back to the old format. I am not trying to start an argument, but I don't think it is right or fair for Disney to have given speaking roles to Presidents Clinton, Bush, and Obama, who have all been a part of controversy, but don't give a part to President Trump. Sorry, but I've been thinking about this ever since these rumors started flying a few months ago.

It's an attraction at a theme park. It doesn't have to 'be fair'. Life's not fair, either. WDW can do whatever they want with this attraction. They could choose not to include trump.

Well I think we can conclude that Disney can't have the attraction closed forever.

Sure they can - lots of attractions have been closed down permanently. I'd love to see them change this one to something else - maybe one based on the revolutionary war? Or something about the history of women in this country!

I'll be pretty disappointed if they don't have Trump speak.

And I will see it for what it is, a cop out.

If trump refuses, then he would be the cop-out, by your logic, right? And what we've been told so far is that he hasn't bothered to make the time to do it.

Also, as others have stated, not all the new presidents had speaking roles. It's a lot cheaper to keep them quiet, move them about as they are elected, etc.

Also big point someone else made - copyright. Perhaps they don't want to deal with the trump brand.

If trump refuses, then he would be the cop-out, by your logic, right? And what we've been told so far is that he hasn't bothered to make the time to do it.

Also, as others have stated, not all the new presidents had speaking roles. It's a lot cheaper to keep them quiet, move them about as they are elected, etc.

Also big point someone else made - copyright. Perhaps they don't want to deal with the trump brand.
Actually, that is the rumor. Not, fact.

And while it is true that not all new presidents have speaking roles, they have since the early nineties. Unless there is a very public statement about why Trump isn't speaking, many people, myself included, would question why Disney didn't put forth more effort.

It's an attraction at a theme park. It doesn't have to 'be fair'. Life's not fair, either. WDW can do whatever they want with this attraction. They could choose not to include trump.

While they could CHOOSE not to include him, Disney is not stupid and there is no way no chance they open that attraction back up without a Trump animatronic. That would cause major uproar.

Now whether it speaks or not that is a different story.

Unless there is a very public statement about why Trump isn't speaking, many people, myself included, would question why Disney didn't put forth more effort

You would prefer that Disney publicly state that Trump wouldn't do the recording, for whatever reason, if that is what is going on? Rather than take a more deferential approach of just moving on without calling out the President for not participating? Because that would seem to result in backlash for Disney as well.

Or, will you only accept it if Trump or one of his representatives comes out and says that he chose to not participate? Because this seems unlikely to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter