Hallmark Movies ❤️ comfort & joy

:teacher: Some fun trivia on Alexa and Carlos PenaVega:

According to People Magazine Alexa & Carlos met at a Los Angeles bible study after Alexa split from her then husband, producer, Sean Covel in 2012.

Alexa said, "I had come right out of divorce and felt that I needed to realign my life. I wanted a deeper relationship with my faith," she told Fox News. "I wanted a relationship with God. I wanted to attend Bible study and just dive into my faith. I wasn't looking for any kind of relationship other than the relationship I had with my faith.

"I wanted to create an awesome community around me that can hold me accountable," she explained. "I showed up to Bible study and I met Carlos. I just wanted to be friends … I didn't want anybody in the entertainment industry. No actors, no singers. … He was everything on my no list."

"[Yet] Everything on my no list was everything I never knew I needed. It was the person who could help fill in all the gaps that I was missing in my life. That was Carlos."

The two married in 2014 in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico following a 5-month-long engagement.

They now have 3 children: sons, Ocean PenaVega (b. December 7, 2016) & Kingston PenaVega (b. June 30, 2019) and daughter, Rio PenaVega (b. May 7, 2021)

Reminder for Sunday:

When Calls the Heart
, episode 4 premieres
on the Hallmark Channel at 9pm ET.

Re-airs: Fri 8/25 at 9am ET

Dad and I tried watching the sequel to Big Sky River. Big Sky River the Bridal Path, to be fair, would probably have been more enjoyable had we recently seen the first movie. We both watched about 20 minutes last night. I fast forwarded pretty much to the end this afternoon. I was very glad Boone and Tara married.

Too many characters in our opinion and not enough reminding of who was who at the beginning. May try again should both movies ever be on back to back.

I, of course hope those of you who also saw this movie enjoyed it :)

Dad and I tried watching the sequel to Big Sky River. Big Sky River the Bridal Path, to be fair, would probably have been more enjoyable had we recently seen the first movie. We both watched about 20 minutes last night. I fast forwarded pretty much to the end this afternoon. I was very glad Boone and Tara married.

Too many characters in our opinion and not enough reminding of who was who at the beginning. May try again should both movies ever be on back to back.

I, of course hope those of you who also saw this movie enjoyed it :)

I finally got around to watching it and felt & thought the exact same way! The sequel started right off from where the first movie ended. Only, it's been a year since I saw it and I couldn't remember much of it. :blush:

Then they had this other couple on that they made a secondary storyline. Yet, I couldn't remember who the supporting female character was and how she knew the lead female character, Tara. :confused3

Then the kids had too many issues. I get that now that the leads are in love, the usual part of the storyline of getting them to fall in love is gone. But, having too much problems with the kids was about an hour too much. :headache:

I did like that Tara & Boone got married. But this could have happened in a much shorter movie, without all the other drama. Or add it as an epilogue at the end of the first movie.

Exactly, Imzadi! Thank you, thank you for understanding! When the initial lady and her boyfriend got engaged, I admit to having been concerned for a few seconds it was Tara! Too much! I am about simpler no drama! Oh well. Pretty scenery :)

Reminder for tonight, Saturday:

Napa Ever After
is on the Hallmark Channel at 8pm ET.

Re-airs: Sun 8/27 at 5pm ET
Thurs 8/31 at 8pm ET
Sun 9/3 at 1pm ET

Starring: Denise Boutté, Colin Lawrence and Tiffany Yvonne Cox.
Description: After inheriting her estranged grandmother’s winery in Napa Valley, Cassandra, a high-powered attorney, takes a sabbatical from her job to renovate the property that was the source of the fractures within her family. With the help of handsome local Alec, she learns more about the grandmother she hardly knew and is able to reconcile the past, while finally opening herself up to a love like she’s never known.

What is Magic of Ordinary Days about, Ranger Pooh? :)

Imzadi, great idea to me! I still wish Hallmark would choose from a broader movie selection in general.
Set during the end of WW2 in rural Colorado, an unwed pregnant woman agrees to her fathers request to marry. He arranges for her to marry a guy an hour+ away, whom she’s never met. Along the way she befriends to Japanese American woman who are working as field hands , who have been forced into an internment camp in Colorado following the bombing of Pearl Harbor. The story unfolds over the next few months, showing friendship and connecting to a family whom she married into.

I finally watched The More Love Grows. I’m kind of ambivalent about this one. I feel like if the husband had been Andrew Walker, they would have gotten back together. But take my opinion with a grain of salt. I’ve been married 30 years so I tend to believe you might need to adjust and grow after awhile. This could have easily been the mom becoming more independent, the husband loving it, and them agreeing to try to move forward. It’s just hard for me to believe she was out of love with her husband of 20 years after 6 weeks. I don’t think I could manage that if I wanted to 🤷🏽‍♀️

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter