Halloween on the High Seas questions

dkis4nu

Mouseketeer
We’re going on the HOTHS Fantasy cruise in October. For those that have done this on a 4-day, do they have separate nights for Halloween events & pirate night? Is there trick-or-treating? Any adult events?

dk

Hi. Yes, Halloween and Pirate night are on different nights. There is trick-r-treating and adult events for Halloween.

We will be on HOTHS cruise this October on the Magic, and we are planning to dress up for both Halloween and Pirate's night. It is great fun!!

I did a HOTHS on the Magic in 2023 and the schedule was this...

Day 1 - Casual
Day 2 - Halloween
Day 3 - Pirate
Day 4 - Casual

Characters were in their outfits all day, so even though it's "Pirate Night" they were dressed up in the morning as well. Formal day did not happen because the Halloween event replaced the Formal event.

We’re going on the HOTHS Fantasy cruise in October. For those that have done this on a 4-day, do they have separate nights for Halloween events & pirate night? Is there trick-or-treating? Any adult events?

dk
I'm doing same cruise in October and trying to plan as well. It looks like separate nights, but as this is a new itinerary and Fantasy only did a few 4 days Halloween cruises in 2021 right after cruising resume, who can say. I like to reference the Disney Cruise Line Blog personal navigators. This is closest I found on the Wish last year. I would guess Trick or Treating and main halloween stuff on the Nassau day and Pirates on Lookout Cay day. I would hope for something Halloween on the sea day, but on the Wish itinerary, nothing is jumping out at me on the actives list. Note the Oogie Boogie Bash 18+ on the Wish is unique to just the Wish and they had it during Christmas as well, its not special for halloween.

I'm doing same cruise in October and trying to plan as well. It looks like separate nights, but as this is a new itinerary and Fantasy only did a few 4 days Halloween cruises in 2021 right after cruising resume, who can say. I like to reference the Disney Cruise Line Blog personal navigators. This is closest I found on the Wish last year. I would guess Trick or Treating and main halloween stuff on the Nassau day and Pirates on Lookout Cay day. I would hope for something Halloween on the sea day, but on the Wish itinerary, nothing is jumping out at me on the actives list. Note the Oogie Boogie Bash 18+ on the Wish is unique to just the Wish and they had it during Christmas as well, its not special for halloween.
I watched a video of Oogie Boogle and it was sort of lacking at the middle of the event and just couldn’t keep the interest of the crowd. If you watch, the place is super crowded at the first venue then they moved down the hall to the second venue and like fourth song or so after the scripted material is finished everybody is gone. I suspect it was the music because it wasn’t danceable or anything that gave you that siting-in-my-seat wiggle to music. Absolutely not like the sail-away music. Maybe they could change up the music from last year??

Formal day did not happen because the Halloween event replaced the Formal event.
Formal night is only 7+ nights

Pirate Night and Halloween are definitely on separate nights, but I was confused in that the character photo-ops on my sailing seemed to be disjointed from what I remember. If you see a character in an outfit you like, grab the pic then, it might not repeat (but sometimes does).

May be depending on the ship, but I did a 5 Night cruise on The Wonder that had a Formal night in 2023.
Was it a holiday? Was it listed as semi-formal? I went the week before Christmas and our group was talking about pajama day for one night and formal attire even though it wasn’t a formal day on the cruise itinerary. We also did a five night but still it didn’t have a formal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter