HalloweenTime at DLR Info and Photo Superthread #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know everyone is excited about the Holiday season starting...but it's only eleven and a half months until Halloween! :rotfl: Haunted Mansion Holiday, 2013 Continuing with Haunted Mansion Holiday, 2013...the pet cemetery. Each year the tombstones for the various pets get a little holiday touches. This year, like past years, they've adorned with striped ribbons. Miss Kitty The Bunny Freddie, the Bat Old Flybait Rosie, the piggy Fifi Buddy The Eagle (or maybe a hawk?) Squirrel Lilac A ribbon between the two trees... A planter where the Oogie Boogie topiary was last year... I've finally finished pulling together my photos from inside the ride, so those will be posted next! :)

Haha! Let the countdown begin!

Sorry for the delay in getting these photos up. These were taken on the 18th. I will try to get the photos up from the 30th today. My friend Valerie was dresed up as young Grizabella from the musical Cats and I was dressed up as Demeter from Cats. Sorry that some of the photos were out of focus. I was working with a newer camera.

I'm on the left

My friend Valerie

The candy I collected. We took at least 25 pounds of candy.

That is my cat Naruto behind the candy. Do you guys mind if I post Thanksgiving day photos here? I will be making most of the meal.
The rest of the photos can be found here. http://s499.photobucket.com/user/Na...r costume 2013/MHP Oct18th 2013?sort=2&page=1

Haunted Mansion Holiday, 2013
Continuing now, inside the mansion...

'Twas a long time ago
Longer now than it seems
In a place that perhaps you've seen in your dreams.
For the story that you are about to be told
Began with the holiday worlds of old.
I know you're curious to see what's inside.
It's what happens when two holidays collide.

DSC_0390_zpsae5f3375.jpg

Welcome, my friends, to our Christmas Delight.
Come witness a ghoulishly glorious sight.

DSC_0256_1_zps1a747775.jpg

It's time for our holiday tale to begin
There's no turning back now
Please, come all the way in.

DSC_0258_1_zpscbc96c6b.jpg

DSC_0325_1_zpsef69b002.jpg

DSC_0324_1_zpseff00620.jpg

DSC_0391_1_zpsba2134b1.jpg

Our holiday tale, is a tale that's quite charming
But during this season, it's sometimes alarming.
So relax and reflect, feel free to take pause
While we tell you the tale about dear Sandy Claws.

DSC_0452_1_zps3851cf85.jpg

DSC_0262_1_zpsebbfcda9.jpg

'Twas the nightmare before Christmas and all through the house
Not a creature was peaceful, not even a mouse.
The stockings, all hung by the chimney with care,
When opened that morning would cause such a scare!
The children nestled all snug in their beds,
Would have nightmares of monsters and skeleton heads.

DSC_0264_1_zpsb296580c.jpg

DSC_0453_1_zpsd8acd89d.jpg

Did anyone else get the apparently new Magic Shot with Zero?

I was in line to do my traditional pumpkin shot (the side with the train station as backgound) and was wondering why on earth the line was moving so slow.

When it was my turn the photographer started asking me what I'd do when I meet a dog and stuff like that and had me do different poses. Then he told me when I'd look at my pictures I'd have a surprise visitor maybe. We never got around to checking when we were in the parks. Now when working on my Photopass photos I discovered that I am actually petting Zero! Which of course caused a slightly freaked out boyfriend cause he's really begun to be attached to NBC.

I didn't see this advertised anywhere, so now I am curious if I was just half asleep when writing down details and that was why I missed it.

I, too, am bummed that I did not hear about this magic shot. Had I known, I would have asked for it. We had previously been told that the photographers with tri-pods can't do magic shots, so to look for the ones without the tri-pod for the extra 'magic'. We had our photo taken several times with the pumpkin, day and night, and on both sides, and not one of the photographers mentioned this. We even stopped there twice when the was only about 2 people in line.

We did have several magic shots, though, at both Disneyland and DCA, which we were happy to have. One photographer at DCA took us all around Carthey Circle and took shots in about 6 different places, too, which was awesome.

Finally got my photopass CDs today (3 CDs), can you say lots and lots of photos? :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

Continuing now, inside the mansion...

'Twas a long time ago
Longer now than it seems
In a place that perhaps you've seen in your dreams.
For the story that you are about to be told
Began with the holiday worlds of old.
I know you're curious to see what's inside.
It's what happens when two holidays collide.

I sure do enjoy your photos figment jii - thanks so much for posting!

Sorry for the delay in getting these photos up. These were taken on the 18th. I will try to get the photos up from the 30th today. My friend Valerie was dresed up as young Grizabella from the musical Cats and I was dressed up as Demeter from Cats. Sorry that some of the photos were out of focus. I was working with a newer camera.

I enjoyed all of your photos Kilala. You gals sure do amazing make-up, are you professionals?

I'm pretty sure I got that Stitch shot in 2010, but let me check my discs.

I noticed a general decline in Magic Shots this time anyway. In 2011 I was offered the Tink shot pretty much everywhere. This year I was only offered it in one place, funny enough a place where I didn't get it in 2011 - the waterfall in DCA.

Then I pretty much stunned by friends when suddenly detouring from our route to Buzz Lightyear after I spotted a Photopass guy with lightsabers - I didn't see anyone doing the Darth Vader Magic Shot in a few years. Even the girl in the store commented how lucky we were to find someone.

I found out about the Zero magic pose after it ended. :( But, I was able to do the Darth Vader one, Mike (Monster's Inc), Tink, Mickey balloons, and Stitch this trip. I was also hoping to do the Princess and the Frog one too (kissing the frog), but I heard that one ended too. :(

[QUOTE

I enjoyed all of your photos Kilala. You gals sure do amazing make-up, are you professionals?[/QUOTE]

Thank you for the compliment. No I'm not a professional. I got good from alot of practice.

I liked your pictures figment_jii! Nice touch putting the intro before them. You've made me even more excited for our upcoming trip to DL. :goodvibes

My Photopass CDs are here. This is the Zero magic shot:

I'll ask my friend if she's okay with me posting the second one she's in too. That's a little more close up. But with that you get the idea.

Now hurry along
As they say, "Look alive."
This is one holiday you will want to survive.

DSC_0457_zpse0e9eed2.jpg

DSC_0459_zps0ead1b49.jpg

DSC_0458_zps51df07ef.jpg

DSC_0420_zps84dccdff.jpg

DSC_0461_zpsed477df4.jpg

DSC_0421_zps3d304d03.jpg

Jack Skellington came here from Halloween Town,
You'll notice his handiwork scattered around.
This year he's decided to play "Sandy Claws,"
But when Halloween creates Christmas you might see some flaws.

DSC_0464_zps5085e409.jpg

DSC_0426_zps8a7fddfe.jpg

DSC_0471_zpsbe58af86.jpg

DSC_0473_zpse35a1497.jpg

And now a dark carriage will take you away,
Sit back, rest in peace in you black Christmas sleigh.
Your sleigh will accommodate one or two or more
We're hope you're prepared for what Jack has in store.

20Opening_1.jpg

(Side note: if you have the chance, be sure to watch Zero as he flies through the portraits. He doesn't do it every time they change, so you have to be patient. He starts off in the Christmas sled portrait (first one you see when you enter the hallway) and the moves through the painting in order (ending with Sally). It's pretty cute.)

Now hurry along
As they say, "Look alive."
This is one holiday you will want to survive.

DSC_0457_zpse0e9eed2.jpg

DSC_0459_zps0ead1b49.jpg

DSC_0458_zps51df07ef.jpg

DSC_0420_zps84dccdff.jpg

DSC_0461_zpsed477df4.jpg

DSC_0421_zps3d304d03.jpg

Jack Skellington came here from Halloween Town,
You'll notice his handiwork scattered around.
This year he's decided to play "Sandy Claws,"
But when Halloween creates Christmas you might see some flaws.

DSC_0464_zps5085e409.jpg

DSC_0426_zps8a7fddfe.jpg

DSC_0471_zpsbe58af86.jpg

DSC_0473_zpse35a1497.jpg

And now a dark carriage will take you away,
Sit back, rest in peace in you black Christmas sleigh.
Your sleigh will accommodate one or two or more
We're hope you're prepared for what Jack has in store.

20Opening_1.jpg

(Side note: if you have the chance, be sure to watch Zero as he flies through the portraits. He doesn't do it every time they change, so you have to be patient. He starts off in the Christmas sled portrait (first one you see when you enter the hallway) and the moves through the painting in order (ending with Sally). It's pretty cute.)

I just caught the Zero flight yesterday! It was adorable! I really enjoyed the changes they made this year :) I am already looking forward to Halloween next year! Haha! Might be buying tickets for 2 nights just in case the fireworks get cancelled again. I will be going with my sister next year so we are trying to think of coordinating Disney costumes. Maybe Elsa and Anna :)

Don't pull on the bar; it will float down with ease
And remember, no flash photography please.
More rapid than vultures, the Mansion was change,
All was soon covered, adorned and deranged.

DSC_0275_1_zps851ec138.jpg

And what to your wondering eyes disappears,
It's Jack's little friend Zero - the Ghost Dog Reindeer!

CopyofDSC_0278_zpsd995b80e.jpg

Nothing here was forgotten, it all looks so pleasant,
A coffin, Jack says, makes a fine Christmas present.

DSC_0667_zpsfac3186f.jpg

A man-eating plant makes a wonderful wreath
As long as you don't get caught in its teeth.

DSC_0088_1.jpg

Jack's holiday vision was unlike no other,
So ring our the bells, there's more cheer to uncover!

DSC_0493_1_zpsbdbe3742.jpg

On the Thirteenth day of Christmas, My Ghoul love gave to me:
13 Rings of Power, Embracing Strenght that never ends.
12 Signs of the Zodiac, that Rule the Future and Trancend.
11 Candles Floating, their Scent of Mystery in the Air.
10 Telling Tea Leaves, that Swirled with Secrets yet to Share.
On the Ninth day of Christmas, My Ghoul love gave to me:
9 Magic Crystals, that Sparkled with a force that is Pure.
8 Balls of Knowledge, that answer with a truth that is Sure.
7 Pearls of Wisdom, to keep my Love Bewitched to me.
6 Mystic Mirrors, Reflecting futures yet to be.
On the Fifth day of Christmas, My Ghoul love gave to me:
5 Lucky Charms, to Understand the Right from Wrong.
4 Wheels of Fortune, To Spin their Rich and Golden Song.
3 Life Lines, Extending help to those in need.
2 Passion Potions, That Love and Romance may Succeed.
On the First day of Christmas, My Ghoul love gave to me:
A Star! a Brilliant Star for MY Fortune Card Tree!!!

DSC_0282_1_zps558f8cef.jpg

With some treats and some games, you can make a scene merry,
Why, even a gingerbread house could be scary.

DSC_0339_1_zpsed0d39db.jpg

(Can you find the Hidden Mickey?)
DSC_0505_1_zps46347e5d.jpg

All at once, happy haunts did materialize,
Like a nightmarish painting by Currier & Ives.

DSC_0512_zps7b80fcd4.jpg

DSC_0402_1_zps2ad7c78e.jpg

A bag full of toys Jack had slung on his back,
They were strange and bizarre - and on the attack!

DSC_0514_1_zps747298cd.jpg

DSC_0516_1_zps6f2ba76c.jpg

DSC_0303_1_zpsbe245d8c.jpg

DSC_0361_1_zps7028193f.jpg

DSC_0364_zps6bd316eb.jpg

I'm working on costumes for this year. I'm also working on losing weight before MHP. I will have pictures up from October 30th sometime today. I'm so behind on putting pictures up.

Kilala --

No rush on the photos.

In fact, I have been purposely trying to keep this thread quiet and inactive for a while (as figment_jii knows), until I have a new thread ready to go or at least until we have some concrete, major info about the new season to discuss. Believe me, I would have bumped this thread a long time ago but I have been trying to work on info to go into a new, better thread. I was also reluctant to bump the thread because people could get confused and think there was new info on the 2014 season.

Technically, we don't have to end this thread until it hits page 250 but I wanted to start a new thread with a better set-up (that will be more useful for readers as Halloween Time grows more popular) on page 1 -- like the layout of page 1 of the Christmas/Holiday Season Superthread, with info broken up into categories.

I was in the midst of compiling info for my new Halloween thread (along with a new re-working of the info in the Christmas thread, and also along with another DIS-related thing I'm working on) and my ancient PC began to take an even bigger nosedive, acting all kinds of crazy and doing weird things, locking up after I typed two words, etc. It was making it very hard for me to get anything done efficiently or easily, so everything got delayed. I was about to have a nervous breakdown over this PC.:badpc:

Anyway, thankfully, a new computer is headed my way this week and when I get it set up and everything is loaded on it, hopefully that will make my work much easier and much faster to get through!

So hang in there! A newer, shinier, better Halloween Superthread is coming soon! If this thread gets quiet, never fear. That's probably the intention! It's not that it has been forgotten. It's just that I'm in my "mad scientist mode," busily working on ways to improve and enhance my Superthread!

I didn't really read thru much of this thread aside from the first page, but I have a few questions.

We will be at DLR Oct 9-12 or 13. It will be our honeymoon and didn't even realize it was Halloween time or Columbus Day weekend! Just how crowded can we expect it? I'm not worried about the crowds, just want to know what to expect. And are last years hours likely to be what the hours will be like this year?

Thanks!

We are going for our first Halloween trip Oct 16-22!!! Cant wait to learn all I need to know through this thread :thumbsup2

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter