HalloweenTime at DLR Superthread #5-- HALLOWEENTIME STARTS SEPT. 9!! SOLD OUT!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we order our Halloween party tickets when they are released, do they get mailed out soon or do they get mailed out closer to the party date? We're moving in October, so I don't want them to get sent to the wrong address. Thank you!

Some people seem to get them very soon -- surprisingly soon -- and others end up with delayed tickets, either in snail mail or via email, for whatever reason.

can disney gift cards be used to purchase MHP tickets?

I would like to know this as well.:duck:

You can definitely use them to buy tickets in person, at the ticket booths. I don't know about over the phone. You should be able to use gift cards to buy the tickets online, unless something has changed. Keep in mind, though, that if you are applying any kind of discount -- like a Disney Visa discount, which would require ordering over the phone -- you may not be able to get a discount while using a gift card too, as you would be expected to use your Disney Visa to pay.

There is no mention of a parade... Must be replaced by the Headless Horseman which is kinda lame. I wonder what this means for PtN?

This is what it says on the Disneyland site, which sounds like maybe the headless horseman will be leading the character cavalcade (or something similar)?

Heads Up!
A black stallion is trotting through the heart of Disneyland Park with a headless rider at the reins.

The Headless Horseman has risen from the shadowy depths of Sleepy Hollow to herald the arrival of a procession of frightfully delightful fiends down Main Street, U.S.A. And just as the creepy legend foretells, this eerie Halloween spirit silently holds a flickering jack-o-lantern to light his way—in search of a new head to call his own.

Is the first weekend of HalloweenTime usually busy? I've had a trip planned for several months. I had no idea it would be HalloweenTime.

There is no mention of a parade...

It seems like a blog that is holding back the details! The Headless Horseman is a very cool addition, but hopefully there is a parade coming that they will surprise us with in another blog.

I'm actually surprised they didn't try to go to 20 party nights this year. I thought that was where we were headed. But no, 17 nights once again.

Is the first weekend of HalloweenTime usually busy? I've had a trip planned for several months. I had no idea it would be HalloweenTime.

It is busy to an extent, but it's also really close to Labor Day, which might keep some folks away if they just got back from Labor Day weekend trips or something. I think it will get busier as September wears on.

And ticket prices up by $10 over last year. *sigh*

Double sigh. It's crazy. The Rivers of America are going to be compromised, and not the same as usual during the party. The Big Thunder Trail (part of it) won't be the same as it usually is during the party. And yet, throw in the Headless Horseman and hike up the prices! :lmao:

Last edited:
I am SOOOOO excited about the Headless Horseman - I love it at MNSSHP. Last time I was there, my daughter had a bathroom emergency and I missed it. Would be awesome if they included more of that parade - I also LOVE the Haunted Mansion part of that parade with the dancing ghosts and grave diggers.

Hi, I was just wondering how many days Space Mountain will be closed to accommodate the Ghost Galaxy overlay? I planned a trip from Sept 5-10th because I was so excited about hyperspace galaxy. Now it looks like not only will there be no Hyperspace Galaxy, but Space Mountain may be closed for the majority of our trip! I'm a little sad...going to cry in my Star Wars pillow now. :sad::sad::sad:

They snug this in quietly that parking is no longer included. Like the news about the headless horseman though.

Corinna

Corinna -- You are right! I just went back and looked after I saw your post. They are sneaky, indeed.

This is what it says on the Disneyland site, which sounds like maybe the headless horseman will be leading the character cavalcade (or something similar)?

Heads Up!
A black stallion is trotting through the heart of Disneyland Park with a headless rider at the reins.

The Headless Horseman has risen from the shadowy depths of Sleepy Hollow to herald the arrival of a procession of frightfully delightful fiends down Main Street, U.S.A. And just as the creepy legend foretells, this eerie Halloween spirit silently holds a flickering jack-o-lantern to light his way—in search of a new head to call his own.

I will actually enjoy seeing the HH riding around Disneyland -- but I hope it's a "real" parade that they are giving us, like our own version of Boo to You and not just the Horseman leading the Cavalcade. They need to amp up that Cavalcade a bit and throw in the Grave Diggers!

I am SOOOOO excited about the Headless Horseman - I love it at MNSSHP. Last time I was there, my daughter had a bathroom emergency and I missed it. Would be awesome if they included more of that parade - I also LOVE the Haunted Mansion part of that parade with the dancing ghosts and grave diggers.

Never having been to WDW, all the photos I have seen of Boo to You have made me very envious. I always thought our Disneyland "Cavalcade" was cute, but not even on the same level as Boo to You.

:hmghost::hmghost:OMG!! I'm so excited! My first trip to DL and my first day is the first day of Halloween Time!!! I'm so excited, I may just faint!!!

Hi, I was just wondering how many days Space Mountain will be closed to accommodate the Ghost Galaxy overlay? I planned a trip from Sept 5-10th because I was so excited about hyperspace galaxy. Now it looks like not only will there be no Hyperspace Galaxy, but Space Mountain may be closed for the majority of our trip! I'm a little sad...going to cry in my Star Wars pillow now. :sad::sad::sad:

Usually, SM is down for a short time -- just a few days at most --but it will be down during your trip. Hopefully it will still be open on 9/5 and you can catch it... but I don't know if it will.

I didn't see prices. How much are the tickets?

I think all of the prices are here -- https://disneyland.disney.go.com/events-tours/mickeys-halloween-party/

Of course, I will also update page 1 with the prices and info.

Last edited:

It was last year! Super busy! We planned our trip last year before knowing the dates! It was also 100 degrees everyday, which was not fun at all.

It was last year! Super busy! We planned our trip last year before knowing the dates! It was also 100 degrees everyday, which was not fun at all.

That's the only thing I hate about Halloween Time starting so early in September -- which normally I would love, because... the sooner, the better -- the heat. :faint: The heat in September can be oppressive, and sometimes worse than any other time in summer. Last year it was not only hot but weirdly humid as well. I remember walking down my street and noticing that even the breeze was hot and muggy. The air was so dense. I could not wait for September to end last year.

Sigh.... I need a bucket of Disney Dollars to fall out of the sky into my lap. I'm not really surprised at the price hike, but disappointed by it. Of course, neither of the nights during my trip are discounted. The tickets for a 5 hour party are almost to the price of a full day. That's crazy, especially with everything that is missing from the party now.

Sigh.... I need a bucket of Disney Dollars to fall out of the sky into my lap. I'm not really surprised at the price hike, but disappointed by it. Of course, neither of the nights during my trip are discounted. The tickets for a 5 hour party are almost to the price of a full day. That's crazy, especially with everything that is missing from the party now.

I totally agree -- and the fact that parking was sneakily removed from it while the price hiked up is mind boggling to me. Not surprising, as you said, but disappointing.

ok so we are on for firework (check) the HH announcement by JammyJam25 sounds like they are adding to the cavalcade and maybe we might even get a real parade like the one in WDW:cheer2::dancer::banana:party:. I was thinking I was going to save money by not attending a HP...now I'm thinking I need to up my saving game so I can afford the tix afterall. I am officially crazy excited.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter