HalloweenTime at DLR Superthread #5-- HALLOWEENTIME STARTS SEPT. 9!! SOLD OUT!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
This feels like a really silly question after reading that list...but is this saying that there is literally no pumpkin beignets? Just the butterscotch and regular?!?

Seems that way but from what I recall the pumpkin ones were kind of dry and it as good as expected anyway. I looove butterscotch and it's more a sauce than completely butterscotch so I'm going to try them.

Seems that way but from what I recall the pumpkin ones were kind of dry and it as good as expected anyway. I looove butterscotch and it's more a sauce than completely butterscotch so I'm going to try them.

post pictures and a review :) You'll be there before us! I tried the regular ones for the first time last month and felt like they were a bit dry as well...so the butterscotch sauce may be perfect!

This feels like a really silly question after reading that list...but is this saying that there is literally no pumpkin beignets? Just the butterscotch and regular?!?

That question was also asked on the parks blog. here is the reponse:

Will the mint julep bar have pumpkin beignets this year?

Linda Fritts on September 9, 2016 at 2:26 pm
  • No, this year Mint Julep Bar will have Butterscotch Beignets.

Rachel Bshero on September 9, 2016 at 4:44 pm

SO though the people here didnt seem to enchanted by them I'm sad because I love all things pumpkin (I say that as I eat tortellini in a pumpkin based pasta sauce) but im not that fond of butterscotch. Oh well, regular beignets are good too!

I heard a Halloweentime comercial on the radio this morning. It put me in a good and excited mood. I will post pictures of some of the costumes I have been working on for MHP tomorrow or Sunday.

Last edited:
There is not enough time for me to eat all the things!!!! Seriously though three days really isn't enough!....

My son and I really want to try the Sally coffin cake from The French Market!!

Sorry for the double post but I have a
party question...
We have regular park tickets along with party tickets for the 9/26 party. We are going to hit DL in the morning then take a mid morning/afternoon break. What time should we head back to the park to avoid the crazy security lines? Also should we use the reentry line with our hand stamps rather than the party only entry line when we go back? I am wanting to do an early dinner and debating either Carnation Cafe at 4:20 or somewhere in DTD at a little earlier time then riding the monorail back to the park. Thoughts?? Finally, is there only one place near the main entrance to get our wristbands?

Has anyone seen the Halloween pins in the parks yet? We looked in DL today (Emporium, Westward Ho, Little Green Men, etc.) and found nothing. Only the CMs in Westward Ho had even heard about the Halloween pins. Parks blog said yesterday was the release date, but it appears the real date will be late.

Has anyone seen the Halloween pins in the parks yet? We looked in DL today (Emporium, Westward Ho, Little Green Men, etc.) and found nothing. Only the CMs in Westward Ho had even heard about the Halloween pins. Parks blog said yesterday was the release date, but it appears the real date will be late.

Labor Day weekend we saw them everywhere, not the specific or special releases but generic Halloween ones were everywhere.

Btw anyone interested in treat bags I got these at my local 99cents only store!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 25
Sorry for the double post but I have a
party question...
We have regular park tickets along with party tickets for the 9/26 party. We are going to hit DL in the morning then take a mid morning/afternoon break. What time should we head back to the park to avoid the crazy security lines? Also should we use the reentry line with our hand stamps rather than the party only entry line when we go back? I am wanting to do an early dinner and debating either Carnation Cafe at 4:20 or somewhere in DTD at a little earlier time then riding the monorail back to the park. Thoughts?? Finally, is there only one place near the main entrance to get our wristbands?

Unless you have a 1 day ticket you won't have a hand stamp for re entry-they just scan your ticket again. I am also planning to do a big midday break before our party as well but I also want to go back before security gets busy and the turnstiles going into DL get busy so I am thinking 2:00 is a good time to go back (1 full hour before the party only guests arrive as I was thinking that 20ish minutes before the party only folks may be starting to arrive).

Since all signs point to there being another toontown Pre-party this year that would start at 5:00 I would want to be done eating by 4:30 ideally and by 5:10 worst case scenario since the preparty has some very rare characters. If I were you I would do a 3:30/3:45 Carnation ADR (that was my plan prior to book the BB package) since it sounds like it would be a fun way to enjoy a late lazy lunch watching the costumed folks from mainstreet. If you do DTD for a late lunch I would shoot for 2:30 so you can be done by 3:30 and be back into the park by 4ish.

You can get your wristbands starting at (I think) around 1. There will be CM that you can get them from in the park in a couple of places. I believe most people start lining up for the toontown 4:30-5:00

Please post here about your experience to help those of us going to later parties!

Unless you have a 1 day ticket you won't have a hand stamp for re entry-they just scan your ticket again. I am also planning to do a big midday break before our party as well but I also want to go back before security gets busy and the turnstiles going into DL get busy so I am thinking 2:00 is a good time to go back (1 full hour before the party only guests arrive as I was thinking that 20ish minutes before the party only folks may be starting to arrive).

Since all signs point to there being another toontown Pre-party this year that would start at 5:00 I would want to be done eating by 4:30 ideally and by 5:10 worst case scenario since the preparty has some very rare characters. If I were you I would do a 3:30/3:45 Carnation ADR (that was my plan prior to book the BB package) since it sounds like it would be a fun way to enjoy a late lazy lunch watching the costumed folks from mainstreet. If you do DTD for a late lunch I would shoot for 2:30 so you can be done by 3:30 and be back into the park by 4ish.

You can get your wristbands starting at (I think) around 1. There will be CM that you can get them from in the park in a couple of places. I believe most people start lining up for the toontown 4:30-5:00

Please post here about your experience to help those of us going to later parties!

Thanks for the info! I have an ADR at Carnation at 4:10 and we will head to Toontown right after. I'm not sure when we will head back to the park but I plan on using our regular tickets to re enter rather than the party only lines.

I just checked disneyland.com for dates that are now sold out: september 30th, october 7th, 12th, 14th, 21st, 29th, 31st

seven parties now!

I just checked disneyland.com for dates that are now sold out: september 30th, october 7th, 12th, 14th, 21st, 29th, 31st

seven parties now!
It's interesting that they are selling out faster this year. My guess is they are going to start falling like dominoes now.

Last edited:
If anyone is interested in what the pin from the happiest haunts tour looks like here it is:
upload_2016-9-11_21-7-27.png

I love it! I will be excited to hear the review. There are quite a few people posting halloween pics on instagram:) I also highly recommend the mousetalgia podcast. It is very disneyland centered and they are all extremely knowledgeable in disney history.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter