HalloweenTime at DLR Superthread- 9/14-10/31; Mickey's Halloween Party starts 9/28!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those are such great bags! I especially love the ghost Mickey. Since I'm in charge of packing I might "accidentally" forget to pack bags so we have to buy one, or three.

ohh i hope to get a bag and popcorn bucket too.

we canceling goffys kitchen but that's in stead of canceling tour we are gona have a blast tho.

I love the Mickey ear buckets. I'm trying to to figure out how I'll get one back home on the plane with me.

Those are such great bags! I especially love the ghost Mickey. Since I'm in charge of packing I might "accidentally" forget to pack bags so we have to buy one, or three.

laura&fam -

:rotfl2:Very clever! I think that sounds like the best way to go. 'Forgetting' can be a good thing when there are such cute bags and buckets available in the parks!

ohh i hope to get a bag and popcorn bucket too.

we canceling goffys kitchen but that's in stead of canceling tour we are gona have a blast tho.

Jade -

So Goofy's is out, but the Happiest Haunts Tour is still on? I think that's a good decision! You know you can always do Goofy's on another trip, but you may as well do something Halloween-specific like the tour on a Halloween Time trip!

I love the Mickey ear buckets. I'm trying to to figure out how I'll get one back home on the plane with me.

revwog1974 -

That's true! The buckets do look as though they'd be rather cumbersome to pack and take on a plane, don't they? I wonder if it can be done without damaging them?

Any tips on how to organize your time so as to get as many pictures with characters as possible. Is there a list of characters and where they will be somewhere?

I brought home one of the white Mickey popcorn buckets last year, I managed to fill it with socks and other underwear but it was still very awkward to pack! I have one of the orange halloween bags that Sherry showed earlier, and I agree they are a bit cheap looking, but it was perfect for holding wet swimwear and towels, It would probably be a good laundry bag too if you forgot to pack one ;)
I don't think we'll bring it back I'd like a different one this year!!
I'm thinking of just using the small bags that they hand out at the gate and then having one of those larger bags to put it all in when they get full. With six of us I really think that would be more then enough candy!!!

that Disney Visa and DVC'ers can already order tickets? I'm sorry if I missed it as I just ordered our tickets and am not on the boards too much but wanted to be certain that everyone else knew it too.

I read that Disney VISA and DVC "forgot" to tell us? Could that be true...well, stranger things have happened. And then, I'm not always the sharpest tool in the shed either.

Happy 4th all.

Auntie Peep

that Disney Visa and DVC'ers can already order tickets? I'm sorry if I missed it as I just ordered our tickets and am not on the boards too much but wanted to be certain that everyone else knew it too.

I read that Disney VISA and DVC "forgot" to tell us? Could that be true...well, stranger things have happened. And then, I'm not always the sharpest tool in the shed either.

Happy 4th all.

Auntie Peep
Yes. I posted about this last Friday when I called to ask about unactivated AP's buying tickets. I was able to purchase mine right then with my Disney Visa. If you have he Premier Visa they will waive the $5 shipping fee.

Someone posted on another forum that at the WDW party the princesses are out with their princes. Does this happen at Disneyland too or are the princesses just in the Fantasy Faire without the princes?

Hi All!

I just read through the last 20 or so pages...I think I have information overload!:lmao:

I will for sure be getting tickets on 7/9 for the party on Tuesday 10/9. We've never been to the MHP and we've never done a tour. So I am thinking I'll get Happiest Haunts Tour tickets also...did I see some where that they will sell tickets for both as a package? Would both events have to take place on the same day? :confused3

well gk may still be on but if money gets to tight its the first thing we will take off. Now my son says Minnie's or GK he wont care what one as long as we do at least one LOL.

But no matter what im not canceling the tour party lol

Help me decide if the party is for us!

We're taking the boys down to celebrate their 4th birthday and will be there for the party on the 23rd. We leave the next morning, but a 10 am flight, so not too early of a start.

The boys are generally asleep by 7:30, but they stayed up until 10 on July 4th, with no real issues.

We will be there for the full days of Sun, Mon and Tues and we're staying across the street on Harbor.

I'm just trying to figure out if the cost/benefit will work out for us. We have APs, so we at least get the lower price! Has anyone taken that age kid and felt they got their money's worth? Did your kid dig it?

Help me decide if the party is for us!

We're taking the boys down to celebrate their 4th birthday and will be there for the party on the 23rd. We leave the next morning, but a 10 am flight, so not too early of a start.

The boys are generally asleep by 7:30, but they stayed up until 10 on July 4th, with no real issues.

We will be there for the full days of Sun, Mon and Tues and we're staying across the street on Harbor.

I'm just trying to figure out if the cost/benefit will work out for us. We have APs, so we at least get the lower price! Has anyone taken that age kid and felt they got their money's worth? Did your kid dig it?

all i can give you is my experience....2 years ago we took my then 3yo grandson to disneyland at halloweentime and did the party...i had every intention and tried throughout the entire day to get back to the hotel for him to take a nap but it just never worked out...we left the park around 5ish to go change the kids into their costumes and went to Mimi's for dinner...then left to go to the park...at that time the CALIFORNIA letters were still out in the esplenade and by the time we got there he was out like a light..so for me it was a wasted ticket...he slept through the entire thing...however, had he been awake, he would have loved it...for you however, if you get them to take a nap and they are able to at least make it up to 10pm then I say go for it...at least you will make it through the majority of it as on tuesdays the party starts earlier than on fridays and goes till about 11

Thanks to everyone for the input on the treat bags! I'l probably bring some that are easier to handle, then try to get that black and green mickey one for the big haul:thumbsup2 . With my DS2 having so many allergies, his bag will be full of lots of carrots and apple slices instead of the peanut butter cups.

bekkiz- i have some early sleepers as well but I am planning on getting a nap in that afternoon. We arrive on Weds late afternoon, and Thurs is going to be our super early MM entry and we're going to do Character dining that evening. Being the first day, i know from past experiences that they aren't going to want to stop and have some rest time. That primes us for another early-ish morning on Friday, but we'll be ready for naps by Friday around 2:30 (i hope!). That will give us a break to hit the room, snooze, get costumed and back in the park by 6 for the 7 p.m. party start. If they start to fade, i have every intention to pump them full of candy and sugar like every 'good' mother who loves disney would :confused3 We'll have the stroller for the youngest one to konk out in if needed, and my 6 year old has an amazing 'on switch' but when it stops being fun, then we'll call it a night.

at least this is my 'plan' and you know what they say about the best laid plans...:lmao:

OK Count me in for Halloween fun this year. My DD(18) and I went to DLR for Halloweentime for the first time in 2009 and LOVED it, so have been wanting to go back. She starts college this fall in late September which will leave me alone at home. So in anticipation of my empty nest blues, I decided to schedule a trip to DLR in October. On the 4th of July my DD(40) tells me that she and her family (DSIL, DGD(13)& DGS(10)) have decided to go to DLR at that same time! As we joyfully sat discussing the fun we anticipated having, my DD(18) looked so forlorn at missing the fun. Long story short- she is coming too. So my solo "consolation" trip has become a family celebration. Just bought tickets to the party on October 5. My only complaint is that I will only get to see Halloween Screams once as it is my second favorite fireworks show. In 2009 it was shown every night at DLR and the party was at DCA. Oh well I get to trick or treat Disneyland!

Vanessa (DisneyIsMagical) -

I just wanted to say hello and welcome!:cool1: I don't think I've seen you post anywhere since, oh...the Christmas Superthread, last year (I'm sure you have - I just haven't seen you!)!!!:santa: Glad to see you're now delving into Halloween Time too!

I think JadeDarkstar was the one who figured out that the tour and party could be sold as a package? I've never done the Tour so I've gotten my Party tickets separately.

I could be wrong, but my assumption would be that the tour and party have to take place on the same day if they are part of the same package.:confused3

lorieintucson -

Hi! I'm the one who posted the photos of the bags and buckets a couple of pages back. The green/black bag and the orange bag are both reusable sorts of bags. They can easily be flattened out and packed up. They are like tote bag size - but not as roomy as reusable grocery store shopping bags. Many folks were using them at the party.

If you want something easier to handle and you're not planning to get a lot of candy for your son, you could just use the plastic bags they give you at the entrance, when you get your wrist band. Those bags are perfectly fine if you don't plan on getting very much of anything.

Otherwise, no matter what you load up on - fruit, veggies or candy - if you get a pile of it you will need a bigger bag.

Hi guys! My mom and I are planning a trip in August, and would like to go to the party on October 12th. However, we are also trying to get tickets to the Ellen Degeneres show, so we are not setting firm dates until her calendar is released, which is mid-August. Do you think Halloween party tickets will still be available then?

which is mid-August. Do you think Halloween party tickets will still be available then?

We didn't get our tickets, for mid-October, last year until September.

My daughter is in college and we have to wait until she gets her class outlines to see if we can go. She will have to miss at least one class/day but if there is a test or something she can't miss/make-up, then we can't go. So once again it will be September before we can buy our tickets for early October.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter