Hamburgers! need help from all who eat them

ILoveMyDVC

DIS Veteran
Hi,
Here's the deal:
I'm taking brand new DF on his first trip to WDW in a few weeks. He's very picky about hamburgers. I, personally, have hated them since I was 3 years old- it's not a meat 'thing'- I love steak. For comparison purposes: He likes the burgers at Outback and Ruby Tuesdays but hates Chili's burgers.
So where in "The World" should I take him for his beloved burgers?
Thanks!

Sci-Fi drive in has GREAT burgers! (and I'm not a burger fan either - but they were very yummy there...esp. with a chocolate shake!)

Also, Whispering Cayon Cafe at the Wilderness Lodge - good burger.

For counter-service burgers, I like the one right next to It's A Small World - pinnochio's haus or something like that? Not bad for counterservice.

(I usually get the chicken sandwhich if there's an option - but I've been known to get burgers in these 3 places - and other options are available for you!)

JMO, but Cosmic Ray's at MK has the best burgers at WDW. Great fixin's bar.

Pecos Bills also has simple counter service burgers, but a top notch fixins bar (grilled onions, mushrooms, lettuce, pickles, relish, cheese, tomatoes, etc.)

Planet Hollywood in DTD had a really good burger on my last trip. I think it would be comparable to an Outback burger. I also think that any of the steak restaurants (Yactsman and Concourse) would have good burgers.

Terri

Kona Cafe at the Poly has the Big Kahuna Burger! YUMMY!

I love the burger at house of blues..just like home made...it is wonderful.

Wolfgang Pucks has the best burger i ever ate in my life!! I still remember how good it was, and when i went back the next year, i had to get another one, and it was just as good. I am a real burger lover, love the ones at sci-fi and other places, but WP is the best!

We love the burgers at Beaches and Cream at the Beach Club. We like Pecos Bill's at the MK and the Plaza at MK really well also. I wasn't thrilled with my burger from Restaurantosaurus (sorry if not spelled correctly). I can't really put my finger on why since they have a fixins bar but it was a LONG wait for a not so hot burger. It might have been a fluke but I got a NASTY burger at Rosie's counter service on Sunset Blvd. in MGM. I took one bite and lost my appetite :mad: I can't speak from personal experience but I have read often that the American pavillion in the WS in Epcot is not too good and I forgot to warn my bil and sis in law before their trip and they stopped there for a burger and said it was the only bad food they had while there. I don't mean to sound negative but with all the other good recommendations from others (which I am enjoying btw - places I will have to try) I wanted to give you my honest opinion on places that I would skip.

My favorite is the burger at Beaches N Cream at the BC/YC. Runners up for dh and I are, in no particular order:

Concourse Steak House at CR
LeCellier at Epcot
Sci Fi Drive in at MGM
Pecos Bills at MK

TJ

Originally posted by ILoveMyDVC

... for comparison purposes: He likes the burgers at Outback and Ruby Tuesdays but hates Chili's burgers. So where in "The World" should I take him for his beloved burgers?

I don't think any of the hamburgers served in the parks will satisfy your DF. They are all mostly pre-cooked and put together as ordered. With the exception of the Sci-Fi Drive In at MGM, I can't think of any sitdown restaurants that does a good burger.

If you will have a car, I suggest that you drive offsite to get his "burger fix". Pretty close to OKW, in the Crossroads shopping center, is a TGI Fridays. They serve acceptable burgers that's pretty close to Ruby Tuesday's. Or better yet, drive over to Hwy 192 (Orlo Bronson Hwy). There's both Ruby Tuesday and an Outback.

I also like the burgers at Beaches and Cream at the Beach Club. Their fried on a big grill, like at a diner, not flamed broiled. But they are pretty tasty when washed down with those great milkshakes.

HTH, Steve :cool:

Peco's Bills have the best hamburgers anywhere at WDW. We always get them at least twice on every trip. The fixin's bar is just great ( sauteed mushrooms, onions, sliced tomatoes etc. )

I love the burgers at Planet Hollywood and ESPN Club... YUMMY! Only 11 DAYS and I'll be in WDW!!! I can't wait!!!:wave:

Thanks for everyone's opinion! Now if I can just figure out where the decent coffee is...don't comsume that either...

Definitely Sci-Fi. Really good, not pre-made. I had mine with a root beer float and it really was one of the best burgers ever.

Originally posted by ILoveMyDVC
Thanks for everyone's opinion! Now if I can just figure out where the decent coffee is...don't comsume that either...

haha - good luck!

your best bet for "decent" coffee is to hit pastry shops and get a cappaccino, or find "specialty coffee" stands (I know they exist at Epcot - one near Ellens' engery adventure, the other just outside England?) . "regular" coffee is nescafe...I dont' mind it...I'll drink anything really...but alot of people seem to dislike it.

If you're near the Magic Kingdom or have some time, the Concourse Steakhouse at the Contemporary offers the best burgers in Disney: cooked how you want them, seasoned just so, generous portions.

Sci Fi at MGM or Beaches N Cream over at the Y&B Club.

The secret to an even better burger .... Order them Medium-well. Still cooked ALL THE WAY but not dry.

We have yet to find a great counter serve burger, they are all average in our opinion :-)

WDWO

Definately don't take him to Big River Grille on Boardwalk.

Unfortunatly I've never had a good experience with Disney and their burgers. Pre-shaped foam patties w/bits of fat is more like it.

But people say Beaches & Cream has decent burgers...I'm afraid to try them myself.

Good luck and have fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter