Handicapped question

Leia's Mom

Goofy Runner
I have booked rooms 7638 and 7634 on the Magic for an upcoming vacation. My mom is wheelchair bound. I was wondering if anybody had any suggestions on excursions. Mom is unable to walk at all, and transfers are very difficult (to and from a normal car are fairly easy, but wheelchair lifts are otherwise required). When we did a Royal Caribbean cruise, we didn't really feel like we had many options (and without ADA, just touring the towns was very, very difficult). Should we just stick to the boat during the entire cruise? Any suggestions?

Also, any input on the room location (noise, etc.) is appreciated.

Thanks!

Leia, are you on the Eastern or Western Caribbean cruise? That might help folks with excursion suggestions for you. :)

Your staterooms are in a GREAT location and the handicapped-accessible 7638 is very large and will be comfortable for your mom. :)

Thanks. We're on the Eastern.

Glad to hear that the room location is good. I thought it would be great being at the front (thought the view would be nice for her), but I was worried about it being a hike to wherever we needed to go. . .

Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter