Hanging up my running shoes

OMG WITTLE BABY YORKIE POO :hyper Congratulations!!

So...I saw the shorts this morning. And I went from "OMG NO"...to ordering them. They are pretty sweet. ::yes::

I'm so excited to get her!!! And, yes, I really do love the shorts. Hope I like them in reality. :D

Very cute! So is it a Yoodle or a Porkie?

I guess Yorkie Poo is the official term. Can't wait to surprise the kids with her.

Sorry to hear about your pain, but glad your doctor is being pro-active, and that the feeling is exercise induced pain. The yorkie-poo looks adorable!! What a sweet find, and the serape outfit looks fabulous on you!! So exciting for TINK to be so close now!

Yes, I really do love this oncologist. He's been great for me and I was relieved to hear him say he thought it was just exercise induced. I can't believe that Tink is almost here!!!

This guy isn't racing but he's too cute not to post. #7....one week until the half and even less until Disney!! Your castle gif gave me chill-bumps....eeeeeeeee!

COW #7 face for the win!!! Love him.

Serious puppy envy! She's the cutest! Congrats on the new addition! Can't wait to hear what you name her :)

I've been wanting another puppy for awhile now, and I can't wait to bring her home.

RACE OUTFITS!!!

Packing is nearly complete. I'd estimate it at 94.73% completed. Woohoo! Also, LOVE my new packing cubes. We've got pretty much everything in one checked bag for both me and Chris and weight is right at 40 lbs. We did fold up an extra soft carry on in case we run into an overage coming home with all our new bling. :tinker:

IMG_3756_zpsru4fitst.jpg

So, I'm still a little unsure what to wear for sure with my race shirts, so here are the options I'm considering.
For the 10K there's my Lost Boys race shirt with my new InB denim sarape skirt. I like this a lot for looks, but I have not worn it for a very long run yet, so not sure if I should try it on a race that untested.

IMG_3750_zpszzn1xj2w.jpg

Second choice is a SparkleSkirt called Sea Swirl. I thought the colors with the green and blue looked like the Tink race weekend colors.

IMG_3751_zpsq2agn6ds.jpg

Third is one called Deep Space. It's actually a Dr. Who themed shirt but nobody would really know that. I think the black and white looks good with the shirt.

IMG_3752_zpsjncay2kw.jpg

I'm leaning toward the black and white one, but really unsure.

For the half there is the InB Bee skirt. Same concerns as the denim one as far as untested. But, it is a winged creature like Tink. And yellow.
IMG_3753_zpsyjdrvacw.jpg

Second for half is another SparkleSkirt. I don't remember the name of this one, but again the colors look good for Tink I think.
IMG_3754_zps5emdeyri.jpg

And last, is a Sparkle Skirt called Irish Lass. I think I've ruled this one out. I really only considered it because it's green, but I don't think it really goes well for Tink.
IMG_3755_zps8xarxgt7.jpg

So, there you have it. What thinks the Dis collective?

Also, only 2 1/2 days of work left and we are outta here!!! Woohoo!!!​

1. Dr. Who and 2. Flowery-Sparkle Skirt, I like the look of both and I agree with you about long runs in untested outfits.

The dr who one because it evokes time travel and not growing up kinda goes with that theme?!?!?!!

And the second flowery one for half :)

Now I want to go take pics!!

Well congrats on the new addition she is adorable!

I am not going to offer fashion advice, I am sure whatever you go with will be great.

That puppy is so cute! How big do yorkie poos grow? I assume they're small given that they're probably bred with miniature poodles.

As for outfits my first thought was the serape for the 10k but if you haven't worn it much yet that's probably a bad idea. So obviously the Doctor Who skirt. I can't read Gallifreyian but I assume it says you'll kick butt in the 10k if you wear it. I vote flower skirt for the half.

I agree with the deep space and greenish flowers votes. They're all great though! The denim skirt would be cute (and comfy and cool) to wear around the parks with a race shirt after the race. :)

Training Week 4/30 – 5/6

Almost race week – Time to start the next training cycle!
giphy.gif

Sunday 4/30 – Rest day. We had debated about running this day since our Saturday Galloway run got canceled, but it was STILL raining Sunday morning. UGH!! Thankfully, it did come to an end later in the day, but we just decided to let things go.
tumblr_nj5g0aOJkM1r83d7lo1_540.gif

Calories – 1290
Carbs – 29

Monday 5/1 – I shared about my hip/pelvic pain already, but I thought it might be better to take things a bit easier to see if my pain improved, so I skipped out on strength training today.

Weight gain/loss –Gain of 0.8 lbs. for the week. Boo. Honestly it’s just plateau time. I fluctuate anywhere from 1-2 lbs a day when I’m stuck like I am currently. -11.6 lbs total. Just have to stick with it and hope things move again. The easy pounds are gone and now I’m down to the tough last 5-10 lbs to come off.
Calories – 1143
Carbs – 24

Tuesday 5/2 – 4 mile run. Sticking with the 2:00/:30 intervals on these runs and it’s definitely helping my overall pace. 10:24 pace for this run and I felt strong through the whole thing.

We did do yoga again on Tuesday but went back to the first yoga training we were doing. I am starting to think my hip pain may be from overdoing it on the second yoga routine we did which has a lot more hip stretching components to it.
2e67d321db8c81795e15b3f7b212264a.gif

Calorie – 1289
Carbs - 28

Wednesday 5/3 – Core strength. I did do the workout today, but skipped the hip and leg workout portion again protecting that area for now.
Calories – 1074
Carbs - 19

Thursday 5/4 – We had planned to run, but it was raining again! GRRRR… Also,
yoda-may-the-4th-be-with-you-by-peter-spencer-dribbble.jpg

Calories – 1022
Carbs -45

Friday 5/5 – Since we didn’t run on Thursday, we decided to get in a quick 3 mile run today. 2:00/:30 again and our pace was 10:10. Woohoo! That’s the fastest I’ve ever done 3 miles before, so pretty happy about that.
tumblr_m9l3cpQlYY1rf96vxo1_500.gif

Calories – 1356
Carbs – 99 (Yikes – went over a bit there)

Saturday 5/6 – Our first Galloway group run. We had a great turnout and our group size has definitely blossomed. Our group pace is supposed to be between 10:30 – 11:00 min/mile, but our leader always asked us to run these early ones at the faster end of the pace. It helps to get people to be realistic about what group they should be in. I guess I must have gotten myself all excited after our run on Friday, but I went a little too fast. Oops. I had about 4 or 5 who stuck with me and the others hung back a bit with Chris. Our group runs a :90/:30 but our overall pace ended up 10:17. Little faster than I was supposed to go. Chris did better than me with his portion of the group and was around 10:45 or so pace. Still, I was pretty happy to have that pace even doing :90/:30, but I do need to rein it in a bit. It was a beautiful morning though and great to get back at training for the next big race in November. Some new runners as well as returning folks.

Calories – 1095
Carbs – 45

I cannot wait to get headed out for California on Thursday. Right now the weather looks picture perfect for racing and enjoying the parks. I’m really looking forward to exploring DLR and meeting up with some Dis folks as well.

U SO FAST!! :car:

Sounds like you are being very smart about your hip pain! Yoga can totally do a number on your hips so it's entirely possible that that is the culprit (hilarious yoga/dog GIF, btw).

I agree with @roxymama - fashion show! Change skirts at every 5K marker! :teeth: :rotfl2:

:tinker::tinker::tinker:

Pack all the skirts...rotate them out every few miles on course! #fashionshow #don'tactuallydothat

stock-photo-kiel-germany-june-soapbox-derby-on-the-occasion-of-the-kiel-week-june-in-kiel-55763986.jpg

Do you think Disney would let me use one of those little carts in the race? I think every race needs a Dragon go-cart pace car and I volunteer for that job!!

U SO FAST!! :car:

Sounds like you are being very smart about your hip pain! Yoga can totally do a number on your hips so it's entirely possible that that is the culprit (hilarious yoga/dog GIF, btw).

I agree with @roxymama - fashion show! Change skirts at every 5K marker! :teeth: :rotfl2:

:tinker::tinker::tinker:

Yeah, I'm blaming the yoga for now. :D Fashion show half-marathon. Hmmm there might be money to be made in setting something like that up!! :scratchin

Amazing!!!

Doing everything right, in the lead up to this weekend; running strong when you can, and minimizing activities that aggravate the hip. Smart Lady :)

I don't have a history for being particularly smart in my training, so maybe I'm learning! :D

That puppy is so cute! How big do yorkie poos grow? I assume they're small given that they're probably bred with miniature poodles.

The momma is a toy poodle she said, so we are guessing the dog will end up somewhere between 5-8 lbs. Our yorkie boy is pretty small even for a yorkie and the dad is a litter mate of his and about the same size he is, but I figure with the poodle in there as well this little girl will be a touch bigger.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter