Happiest Place on Earth?

tsme

DIS Veteran
Happiest place on Earth? Sometimes, sometimes not? This is our mini trip report.

We were at Disney from Dec. 12 - 18. We arrived at the Boardwalk Inn on Saturday, Dec. 12 around 11:30am. We had done online check in. Our room wasn't ready, which we expected, so we wondered around the Boardwalk, the Swan, & the Dolphin. Finally after 3pm, I received the text that our room was ready. We excitedly went to the lobby check in as directed by the text. The CM was not friendly, happy, or anything that would bring to mind Disney or joy in general. I'm pretty sure if she'd have smile, her face might have cracked. Not a great start for us, plus she messed up my DH's band & we had to go back downstairs to have it fixed.
The Boardwalk Inn is a beautiful hotel and we had a great room with a fantastic view. However, our maid service was subpar & there were two floods on our floor while we were there. The maids were very nice but I had to chase one down after our room had been serviced for more soap & shampoo and we didn't receive wash towels. Also, our sheets were stained, I don't mean tiny little stains, I mean large very obvious stains & our sheets were not changed the entire time we were there. At the cost of the deluxe resorts, I expect better & have received better in years before.

Saturday night, we went eat at Captain's Grille. The food and the service was terrific.

Sunday, we went eat at Whispering Canyon Café before going to MVMCP. The food there was good, but it is a very loud restaurant. After eating we went to MK for the party. They let us in before 4pm, because there were so many people in the area between security & MB scanners there wasn't any room for more people & more were outside security trying to come in. I could here a CM yelling for people to move up, but there wasn't anywhere to move. A few minutes later, they started letting people in. We did not enjoy the party. We've been to many parties in the past & even a sold out one before. However, this party was absolutely over sold. Plus the weather was icky, not Disney's fault, but it made the crowds more unbearable. We left at 8:30pm. I don't think we'll be paying for another party.

Monday, we went to Epcot & ate at Rose & Crowne. The food was very good, our server was nice. We wondered around the World Showcase, just enjoying the area. Afterwards we traveled by a very crowded boat to HS. We went to TS to use our FP, it was down, so we went to The Great Movie Ride instead. We wondered around then went to our evening ADR at Sci-fi. The food was barely ok, & we had the added bonus to be in the car in the back end where apparently the workers like to gather & complain about everything from their jobs, to large dining parties, & customers. Then we attempted to go see Osborne Lights. I expected it to be crowded & it really, really was....wall to wall people. By this time, we saw TS was back up, but we were too tired & we left.

Tuesday was our MK day. We arrived at rope drop & had a great day. Everything went well & it didn't seem as crowded. We ate at Tony's & enjoyed our meal. Our server was new & training, so was very nice & helpful. That night we went to Epcot for dinner at Teppan Edo. We loved our meal, though our chef wasn't as entertaining as previous chefs, but we honestly didn't care.

Wednesday was our Epcot day. Unfortunately, this is the day our DD started to feel bad. I went by myself in the morning. I was amazed at the amount of people rushing to Soarin & how fast the time went from 20min to 60min, literally the time it took me to get a bottle of milk & drink a little of it. My DH & DD came meet me for our lunch ADR at Coral Reef. Service was fine, the food was better last year. After lunch our DD wasn't feeling well again, so her & DH went back to the room, which meant I got to shop! I wondered around the World Showcase, met the most unfriendly of cms in Italy, seriously, all the others around her were smiling & seemed happy, but this lady wouldn't even try to crack a tiny smile, no matter how nice I was to her. Oh, well I tried. Later, our DD stayed in the room while DH & I went to our evening ADR at Spice Road. The service here was not good & bordered on rude. We were seated & our waiter took our order. My DH ordered the lamb & I ordered the spicy garlic shrimp, neither of these items had any spice or garlic taste to them, but we didn't say anything. The rude part was after different servers, never the first one, came passing by table saying something or refilling my DH's glass without asking, but never even asking me if I wanted a refill, one came by nodded at my plate, I said I was done with my plate, & he took my plate & my drink, I wasn't finished with my drink. He left my DH's, walked back by, throwing the bill on the table. o_O I had wanted dessert, but I guess he thought I didn't need that or my drink. We will not go back there.

Thursday we arrived at AK for 7:15am for the Backstage Tales tour. It was really interesting and we enjoyed the tour. As a side note for those who are handicapped, we did have someone who had a EVC on our tour. They supplied a regular wheelchair for him for the places the EVC couldn't go, his companion pushed him. Afterwards, we ate at Yak & Yeti, my DH loves their ribs & I love their fried wonton dessert, DD still wasn't feeling that well, so she didn't eat much. Later that night, we went to Epcot & faced the metal detectors. I won't go into that.

Friday morning, we left. Usually at this point, I'm teary eyed leaving, but this time we were all more than ready to go home. DD put it best, Disney trips are like highs and lows. You have high trips, where everything is near perfect with magic everywhere you turn. Then you have low trips, where nothing seems to go right. The best thing to do when you have a low trip is to put it behind you & plan the next one. :-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter