HARD ROCK HOTEL information

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robinrs

DIS Veteran
main_photo_hardrock.jpg

BY POPULAR REQUEST!

This will be a thread dedicated to information for the UNIVERSAL HARD ROCK HOTEL.

Add all of your information about rates, discounts, room types etc. here!

:D

Okay, it looks like this is the place to post this burning question. I'd like to know what kind of food is available at the HRH Club level and if it's available all day long. I've been toying with the idea of upgrading. With 2 teenage boys it might save me in the long run, but I'm not interested if the snacks turn out to be something like Goldfish and Kool-Aid. Can anyone give me the low down?

KarenT

We will be staying at HRH in Nov. and needed to know if there is a catholic church nearby and their mass schedule? (I hope I am posting this in the right place.)

Thanks! Paula:D

I keep reading about guests being given a CD when they check in. No one ever mentions which CD! What kind of music - is it assorted, or just one band/singer? Just curious!

Also, how loud is the music around the pool? We have a pool view deluxe room booked, and I worry about the noise.

E.Jane,
the CD we got last year was a variety of groups and singers I never heard of, neither did my 16 year old son. But it was rock and roll and pretty good music.
We had a garden view, so I can't say if the pool noise/music would be a bother, but whenever we were by that area, it didn't seem loud at all, sort of background music.
We loved HR!

Elton John, Mandy Moore & people that I am not familar with.

We had a pool view room last year and the music was no problem. The music is louder underwater. You'll love the pool view!!

They change the CD's over time. I was just there two weeks ago and it was different than the one I got in February and is the third of our collection. Not sure how many they have put out. Most of the music I have heard or our kids know.

Bob

Is there any easy way to general information on room rates for specific time periods?

Also, does HRH play games with all the crazy discount codes like Disney does?

Thanks

We stayed at the HR last in Jan. '02. Had paid for the pool view and were very disapointed. The room we had was angled so that we pretty much had a eye shot of the roof. After seeing the beautiful courtyard, we wished we'd saved the extra $ and gone with that view.

Also, very strange thing happened. The one night at 3AM an announcement came into the rooms saying "a security alarm had been activated, please remain calm and stand by for further instructions" Being our first trip post 9/11, it was quite unnerving!
I guess this was one of the gliches in the hi-tech "smart room" and hopefully they've straightened the problems out!

Other than that, the hotel and the trip was great and one of our most successful vacations with the kids!

MarkO:

I talked to reservations last week and they told me that the Discounts for May were not out yet but to call every month until they come out and to check for specials. So I the answer is yes, they do discount rooms like Disney.

Can anyone tell me when they have the pool movies? Are they just on the weekends? Also, I am soon going to book. I would like to have a room that would make it easy to get to the pool. I am going to try and book pool veiw. Any suggestions for room requests? thanks...amy

Amy,

Dive-in-movies are on Friday nights and the concerts are screened on Saturday nights.

Regards

paul

You will want to request to be near the elevators. This is the fastest way I know to get to the pool area. Even if you're on the 6th or 7th (Club) floor, you will still be only 3 - 4 mins to get to the pool.

I have a few questions.

Does the HRH charge hotel guests parking?

How can I obtain a Loews discount card. Someone mentioned that it's on a website, but they didn't give the address.

Does the HRH have a fitness center and is there a jogging trail?

Thanks for your help!

Hi,

The HRH does usually charge for parking at $6.00 per day for self park and $12.00 for valet, although I have not been charged on the last two stays.

You can apply for a Loews card at www.loewshotels.com

The HRH has a fitness center and an excellent jogging trail.

Paul

Stayed there with my family in August....loved it...would recommend it to any family!!!!!! CD at check in included Duck & Run by Three Doors Down, Crocodile Rock - Elton John, Supergirl - Krystal Harris, Shout - Tears for Fears, Driving One of Your Cars - Lisa Miskovsky, Overcome - Live, Been here once before - Eagle Eyed Cherry, Caught up in you - .38 special....The is Volume III CD. The pool is great we were there for Rock and Roll Trivia in the Pool. I was the oldest one playing with one of my neices. The other kids were mad because I got all the old people questions....Jimmy Hendrix did not become popular at Woodstock!!!ha ha it was Montery Festival...take that all you kids...lolz

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter