Harmonious obscured viewing areas at front of park

alisonslp

DIS Veteran
Just FYI for anyone going - We were at Epcot last night for Harmonious and have to say that I was really disappointed by the lack of "head on" viewing areas. We saw it back in the fall and It is a amazing show. We were by the front of the park around Port of Entry so we could see the projections in the large circle but this time around, they had all these 8+ft shrubs blocking the areas to get to the railings. Some were planted. Others were in large roller planters. Really the only great place to see it head on is over by America now and we realized that too late to head back there. As we were leaving the park, we did notice if we were much closer to spaceship Earth, we could have had a good view of the circle projections but obscured view of the fireworks due to the lined trees of that walkway.

That is my number one complaint about this show. They have a round lagoon, pretty much set up to view the shows from anywhere, and they designed something that is best viewed from only 2 limited locations.
And the fact that the oil rig barges are completely ugly during the day and up to showtime, so about 98% of the time.

It’s blocked off because they’re setting up the stage for the livestreaming performance of Harmonious they’re doing on Disney+ on 21st June. I think it said Idina Menzel and a few other celebs are going to be there and it’s going to stay like that for a few days after as well while they take it all down again.

Thanks so much, we were planning harmonious for Monday night and was wondering once we heard about the live stream . We haven't seen this show yet, so going to see if there are other plans we can swap around I guess

Yeah that area was also set up as a stage last year in December for holiday performances by choirs.

I love the entertainment but I wish they'd not block that area. I also love Harmonious but I agree that it is frustrating for people who don't go to WDW as often to want to get a good spot for it and it's hard to do without some substantial wait time...depending on crowd level and your party size, etc.

I wonder if they could reconfigure that giant Stargate thing to slowly rotate during the show, so that it would face every spot on the lagoon for parts of the show, and no spot(s) would have a monopoly on the best view. Probably not feasible engineering-wise. But it would be nice.

That is my number one complaint about this show. They have a round lagoon, pretty much set up to view the shows from anywhere, and they designed something that is best viewed from only 2 limited locations.
And the fact that the oil rig barges are completely ugly during the day and up to showtime, so about 98% of the time.
Completely agree.
Couldn't believe they set up a show that is best seen on only 2 sides of the lagoon. The tech is amazing.
They must have given up on using fountains to hide the barges during the day as I've never seen them going other than when they were testing the idea. It just destroys the look of the lagoon during the day.

I wonder if they could reconfigure that giant Stargate thing to slowly rotate during the show, so that it would face every spot on the lagoon for parts of the show, and no spot(s) would have a monopoly on the best view. Probably not feasible engineering-wise. But it would be nice.
That's what I wish they would do as well. Unless you have one of those two prime viewing locations, you're not getting the full experience of the show. I've only seen it from the side (near Canada) or not at all (near France).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter