• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Harry Potter- Wizarding World FAQ

Sorry if this has been asked - do you have to have park to park pass to ride the train from the studios to island of adventure or is there a way you can ride round trip without actually getting off at islands of adventure?

You need a park to park pass to ride Hogwarts Express. No other way.

Yes

The only way to get on HE is if you have a p2p ticket

Tickets are checked before you get in the line for HE

No one is allowed to stay on HE once it stops at the other park

Is there a lot of spinning on the Gringotts ride? I haven't been to Universal is almost 4 years and the last time I went I rode the Forbidden Journey and then got on the Dueling Dragons and that ended my day. I was so sick, it sucked. I'm going on Friday and I'm super nervous I'm going to get sick again. I should be fine on the Forbidden Journey (I will never ride Dueling Dragons again!) My body doesn't handle movement + screens + 3D very well and I've watched a couple of Gringotts video on YouTube but can't decide if I should ride it or not.

I like the ride but the quick moving to the next segment of the scenes and quick stops, is not my favorite part of the ride

Gringotts isn't as bad as Forbidden Journey at throwing you about, but it's not quite Soarin' either....

Andre

Is there a lot of spinning on the Gringotts ride? I haven't been to Universal is almost 4 years and the last time I went I rode the Forbidden Journey and then got on the Dueling Dragons and that ended my day. I was so sick, it sucked. I'm going on Friday and I'm super nervous I'm going to get sick again. I should be fine on the Forbidden Journey (I will never ride Dueling Dragons again!) My body doesn't handle movement + screens + 3D very well and I've watched a couple of Gringotts video on YouTube but can't decide if I should ride it or not.

It`s a lot easier than FJ........nothing even remotely close to Duelling Dragons............I don't find it rough at all........

It doesn't really spin, it does swoosh you from side to side a little, but its gentler than Spiderman if you have ever ridden that one.

I wouldn't miss it, hope you enjoy it.

Thank you for all of the replies! I ended up riding Gringotts four times during my trip. It was freaking amazing! (really, everything in Diagon Alley is amazing!)

Also, do you think it would be wiser to go again on the Monday before Thanksgiving or a friday in February (but not on president's day weekend)?

Last edited:

Thank you for all of the replies! I ended up riding Gringotts four times during my trip. It was freaking amazing! (really, everything in Diagon Alley is amazing!)

Also, do you think it would be wiser to go again on the Monday before Thanksgiving or a friday in February (but not on president's day weekend)?

So glad to hear you loved it!!! DA is so amazing..........

Thank you for coming back to tell us how it went........it's lovely when folks do that!

Someone will answer your question, I have no clue about those dates.........

Does the Universal Express pass work for any of the Harry Potter rides? Trying to decide if we need to stay in a hotel that offers this!

it seems like by the time you figure in the cost of the express pass your only paying less than $100 per night for the room. Can't beat that deal.

Sinders99, I'm a travel blogger and wrote about park-hopping the two HP parks in one day. It was a LONG day, and pretty much all we did was Harry Potter, but it's doable. We're going back in January 2017 and I plan to buy 2-day tickets just so we can devote one day to Harry Potter and another day to the rest of the parks. I would definitely recommend 2 days just so you can do EVERYTHING at the Harry Potter theme parks: the shows, all the food, the interactive wands, etc. http://www.travelfearlesslyblog.com/kid-friendly-activities/wizarding-world-of-harry-potter-tips/

Thanks for the info!

i can't remember but think they are at least $45?

the one i bought for my DIL was at $90

good thing i like her.....

if you do a search on the UO site, it should show prices and wand styles.
prices vary based on the wand type

i can't remember but think they are at least $45?

the one i bought for my DIL was at $90

good thing i like her.....

if you do a search on the UO site, it should show prices and wand styles.
prices vary based on the wand type

Thank you I will try that

Question, I am having trouble finding youth size Harry Potter T-shirts for my boys 8 and 11 before our trip, any suggestion for online or in person stores that sell Harry Potter Items (tried amazon, target and kohls already) and do they sell Harry Potter merchandise in Universal Hotels? this will be our back up!

Question, I am having trouble finding youth size Harry Potter T-shirts for my boys 8 and 11 before our trip, any suggestion for online or in person stores that sell Harry Potter Items (tried amazon, target and kohls already) and do they sell Harry Potter merchandise in Universal Hotels? this will be our back up!

Have you tried Hot Topic?

Try Woot. com Go to shirt tab and search for Harry Potter

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter