Harvesting?

njzieglers said:
How bout a little brag?
Best in show NJ State Fair/Sussex County Farm and Horse Show - yellow Spanish onion

Coupla blue ribbons for garlic

Other ribbons for red onions, other garlic, cayenne peppers.

Brag over.

GREAT!! Congratulations!! :thumbsup2

You also brought me a memory, I was a camper and camp counselor at the Y camp, MacDonald, up in Sussex county. We would take the full summer campers to a fair in Sussex county in August. This was around 1966, I wonder if that's the same fair.

Bobbi :sunny:

bobbiwoz said:
GREAT!! Congratulations!! :thumbsup2

You also brought me a memory, I was a camper and camp counselor at the Y camp, MacDonald, up in Sussex county. We would take the full summer campers to a fair in Sussex county in August. This was around 1966, I wonder if that's the same fair.

Bobbi :sunny:

Probably the same fair. It used to be just the Sussex County Farm and Horse Show.
It usually runs the first week of August for about 10 days.
New Jersey added the title New Jersey State Fair to the title about 5 years ago.
The fair moved to a permanent site in Augusta (Frankford) around 1970, I believe.
Here's a link. www.newjerseystatefair.org

DizneyDogs said:
Lots of peppers and cucumbers so far.

My tomatoes are cracking/splitting on top anybody know what might be causing this?
Usually uneven watering. Sometimes after a drought, then a heavy rain, you'll see a lot of it.

njzieglers said:
Probably the same fair. It used to be just the Sussex County Farm and Horse Show.
It usually runs the first week of August for about 10 days.
New Jersey added the title New Jersey State Fair to the title about 5 years ago.
The fair moved to a permanent site in Augusta (Frankford) around 1970, I believe.
Here's a link. www.newjerseystatefair.org

That's an interesting link. It mentions Branchville NJ as the home of the state fair since the 1930's maybe. Well, I was a teacher in Hamilton Township, Mercer County NJ in the 1960's and we had 1/2 day off in September so the students could attend the State Fair at the State Fairgrounds on Rt. 33 near the border with Trenton NJ. There were "free admission" coupons given to the students.

Bobbi

bobbiwoz said:
That's an interesting link. It mentions Branchville NJ as the home of the state fair since the 1930's maybe. Well, I was a teacher in Hamilton Township, Mercer County NJ in the 1960's and we had 1/2 day off in September so the students could attend the State Fair at the State Fairgrounds on Rt. 33 near the border with Trenton NJ. There were "free admission" coupons given to the students.

Bobbi

It can be a little confusing. While this fair has been in Branchville for a long time, it has not always been the state fair. NJ attached itself to it about 5 years ago.
It was always much larger than the state fair. Kinda hard to follow.

If this frost will stay away a bit longer, I have raspberries that will ripen. Only have picked 6 so far this week. Of course, they never made it into the house, I love raspberries!

Bobbi

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter