Has Anyone Booked Avis Online?

cindala

<font color=blue>Must solemnly vow NEVER to toggle
I've gone to the Avis website, and used the code from Mousesavers, and got the discount. But when I put in various coupons, the discount never shows up, even at the end.

I remember someone posting that they used a MY AVIS coupon, and it didn't show up on the print out either, but they got the discount off at the airport.

Has anyone else had this happen to them? I'd like to book, but want to make sure I can get the discount from the coupon first. :):D:)

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Hi Cindala- Have you signed up for the my avis program yet? You need to do that separately from your ressie. After you sign up, you should then be able to go to the printable e-coupon to print out. You will need that printed out coupon to get the additional discount at the counter or when you return your car. When I rented last from Avis, I was able to use a rate code ( usa ) for great savings. I don't think that the rate code is still available. I would call Avis and ask if the coupon is still available for joining the my avis program. After I printed out my ressie, whenever I would go back to view it, it was at a higher rate. Several calls and faxes to customer service later my rate was "noted" in their computer,( mine still didn't show correct price though), they even gave me an add. discount for my problems. If you don't see a discount on your ressie when you reserve online and you don't have a printout to back it up, you probably won't get the discount you expect.

mark & sandra,
No, I didn't join My Avis yet, but I was trying to use an Entertainment coupon, and the discount just doesn't show up when I put the number in. The coupon is for a free double upgrade from intermediate and higher, so that seems to save the most.

I don't think I can combine a discount with more than one coupon, but I can't seem to even get the discount with one coupon. Maybe I'll just have to call their 800# and see what their explanation is!:rolleyes:

I do believe that you can combine the entertainment coupon with the online coupon from "my avis". With your online coupon there is no contract or coupon # to be entered on your online ressie. Once you have your BEST rate and a printout of it, then you reduce your rental costs by the amount of the coupon.( 5.00 a day, up to 25.00 for 5 days). That's why this discount won't show up on your ressie, but your entertainment book coupon does have a contract and coupon # so it needs to show up in order to receive it later. Sounds like you need to call customer service ( not the reg. phone reps )
Good Luck, Sandra

Thanks Sandra! That would be great if I could combine both coupons. I am going to call the 800 # and get customer service, and see if they can explain why the entertainment coupon won't show up on the ressie. :):D:)

Where on the Avis site would I find this coupon for the $5.00 off /day? I just signed up for my avis.

Hi tlens- When I signed up for it last year I was able to access the coupon page at the end of my registration. If the coupon is still being given out, then you should have been able to get it. Call customer service and ask if it's still being offered for signing up. If it is, and you didn't get it, they might help you to gain access to the site. I would call customer service and not waste time with the phone reps.

i also signed up for My Avis recently and there was no ecoupon.
i'm guessing they probably discontined that coupon special.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter