Has anyone decorated their Magic Bands? Please show us the pictures!

WHNm54WxlpXVB0MT1OhdtXN7pQr7_9-FA_5wZywFlCNrvyGtCpPkAMYW9bMRCjtDN4fLIa7-RXfTgnjoDkQamgqva-FC5Gixbhf-4QZVxs3ZrZK-pzUdPs1JOZ3Yvs8za38EteVlevndcxZMnNVfsAcXoCbH3Ti5A7xq4ph-iWmr2G7JSt07M0fuPxp6dwoKOaLnBRofghOPDg1Ecm71j2mhit8NS9hiLQqh9qB3huu8i_s9_9HzLMhcxfHGnXqFN1NqLuD2EKCOKdCrljNqhKT5zTDCAKr7TCFj4fdaszhc90D7hw0vAw5Z92QqW14xv_um6g--GvjjTmBJHf8nkEtP3SFwjRmutaQgjfLAnBu0j2D8zgyfPjLeE1gbG7COvh3U-zM17jggpVAVTclXd4CWAUUafG-csPp_OgQlGuX4iMATMjHG6ekPS5wMK0G3u4WVVZLx_NjYhh1bZ1hamtB2aah_aA9i_7UIn8eZtOiID8W6Vw82T56dD-seWe9jdTNwj4GeR_5wfXx0Y4Tk9-Bz965akA=s720

Just finished my neice's Christmas present. It's so beautiful in person and very sparkly. Thank you @IceSkatingPrincess for your help!! She is going to love it.
That came out beautiful! I love it and am so glad it worked out!

Done with our bands! It's our 5 month old's first trip (just doing 1 day for him lol) & my hubby's birthday.

F34EF1BB-CDAB-4AEF-85C8-8B6B598799A3_zpsx0a30jke.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Here is Ballet Belle for me:

3DBC28E6-AC18-49C9-897F-9712C18431A0_zpsa76pmjuu.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Baby Mickey for our little one...he LOVES Mickey already lol:

8D188690-B778-41D6-BED2-7EEE589F0AB2_zps19mueh0q.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Now I know it's not Disney, but my husband loves Batman...& it is his birthday after all:

DBE92F51-CCF7-4A14-9D3C-90950430E260_zpsinejxytw.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I tried a new technique that kind of came to me as I was wrapping Christmas gifts...I sketched the designs on tissue paper, then painted them with acrylic paint & nail polish. Once the bands arrived, I glued the designs to the bands using E6000.
Oh & I used a lead pencil to do the tiny details :)

I actually don't have the images saved anymore, but I know for the image on the left I googled "Scooby doo banner".. The image on the right I found the scooby picture by searching "Scooby doo transparent Background" and the background I just searched "hippie flower background" then just put the Scooby image over the flower background.

Your bands are amazing!! Would you mind sharing (via pm or post) a step by step tutorial of how you created them? I appreciate the googling tips on how to find the images, but for the Scooby bands what program did you use to superimpose the Scooby onto the hippie background? Then did you save the files as a JPEG and upload to the site? Thanks for any direction you can provide! You're just a custom magic band wiz!

I'm so excited to finally be able to share my magic bands! We leave in two weeks and just got these finished today.

The four park symbols:

Chevron (just ignore the dried glue from the previous attempt of mod podging sticker paper on):

Tigger stripes:

Swirls:

Peter Pan and the lost boys:

Monorail yellow (I put it on to bend around the little wrist that will be wearing it, so it peels up a bit when straightened out):

All of them are vinyl I designed and then cut our using my Silhouette (similar to a cricut). Not perfect but good enough for our crew. I'm hoping they last through the trip!!

Done with our bands! It's our 5 month old's first trip (just doing 1 day for him lol) & my hubby's birthday.

F34EF1BB-CDAB-4AEF-85C8-8B6B598799A3_zpsx0a30jke.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Here is Ballet Belle for me:

3DBC28E6-AC18-49C9-897F-9712C18431A0_zpsa76pmjuu.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Baby Mickey for our little one...he LOVES Mickey already lol:

8D188690-B778-41D6-BED2-7EEE589F0AB2_zps19mueh0q.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Now I know it's not Disney, but my husband loves Batman...& it is his birthday after all:

DBE92F51-CCF7-4A14-9D3C-90950430E260_zpsinejxytw.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I tried a new technique that kind of came to me as I was wrapping Christmas gifts...I sketched the designs on tissue paper, then painted them with acrylic paint & nail polish. Once the bands arrived, I glued the designs to the bands using E6000.
Oh & I used a lead pencil to do the tiny details :)

I can't seem to see the images but I would love to see how they turned out. The technique you are talking about is very similar to one I saw for making frosting decorations and the works great! Could you try posting them again?

Your bands are amazing!! Would you mind sharing (via pm or post) a step by step tutorial of how you created them? I appreciate the googling tips on how to find the images, but for the Scooby bands what program did you use to superimpose the Scooby onto the hippie background? Then did you save the files as a JPEG and upload to the site? Thanks for any direction you can provide! You're just a custom magic band wiz!
Thank you so much! I actually didn't use any type of program. When using magicyourband.com they allow you three "layers" to your band. My first layer was the image on the left hand side. That was just an image I found on Google. The second layer was the hippie background then my top layer was the a Scooby, which I just layered on top of the hippie background. And yes, that's exactly what I did, Saved the images as JPEG and uploaded them to the site. Then you just play around with the sizes and positions until you like how it looks.

I have never decorated bands before, but I wanted to do something for older DS and his girlfriend who went last week. The Christmas craziness and work and younger DS's stuff got the better of me, so I didn't get to spend as much time as I would have liked working on them, but they loved them! I did the design after a stained-glass looking image I found online. I ended up touching up a bit more of Belle's face after I took this picture. It's just acrylic paint, Sharpie outline to give the thicker outline look, and then clear topcoat nail polish.

Working on our bands...lead pencils work Amazing for small details! You can dip it in whatever paint or nail polish you want to use, then break off the lead & have a fresh tip for the next color.

I will definitely try this next time- what a fabulous idea! I had thought about using a toothpick, but the pencil will be much easier to hold and grip! Thanks!!!

For our March trip with DH, younger DS, and myself, I plan to do Tiana for me, Naveen as a frog for DH, and Dr. Facilier for DS, since we are staying at POFQ.

I ended up redoing my whole band after a mishap with my sealant! But I'm much happier with the result.
My brother and I wore our bands in the parks this week and lots of people seemed to notice :)
e7xurp.jpg

These are beautiful. What did you use to seal them? We are having a problem using clear polish on our new bands. We have made more than 50 magic bands over the years for family and friends and never had a problem but now the clear polish is cracking after 1day. I am curious as to what you used. They look great.

Hi, sorry my reply is so late, we had been at Disney all week and I hadn't checked in here. I will say that the amount of attention the bands received was over whelming.
There were maybe only one or two people all week when we scanned our bands that didn't make us stop and let them look at them closer and ask all kinds of questions. Then they would bring others over to show them. Some said they loved our bracelets and then realized that they were our magic bands. Some just came up when we were in line and asked where they could get one. I steered many people here and told them to look at all of the beautiful bands people have created. I was looking around but really hadn't seen other customized bands which I was hoping for. Many of the CMs said they wish more people would do this as they love to see the creativity and variety.
I hope this info helps you some, with what I did:
I started with grey bands as I thought they were the best color to put on the magicyourband one piece glow skin to allow the tattoos/stickers have the brightest color. If I remember, I did one clear Wet N Wild base coat under the glow skin. I may have also put a coat of white nail polish under the skin. It was awhile ago and know I thought about it, but not sure if I did it. From there I added stickers/tattoos/rhinestones/nail tape and finally coated two more coats of base coat to secure and seal all on top of the skin layer. I noticed no cracking and we were there nine days with bands on and off. They glowed real bright and the tattoos were very visible and colorful in the dark. If you want alot of glow, get a magicyourband skin. They arrived fast, people were excellent to deal with, the skins are super nice qulity and are also very easy to apply. After experimenting last year with so many other attempts of glow, this was by far the best result and easiest to do.

What clear polish did you use? I am having a problem with cracking - yet we haven't had this problem before.
Thanks.

These are beautiful. What did you use to seal them? We are having a problem using clear polish on our new bands. We have made more than 50 magic bands over the years for family and friends and never had a problem but now the clear polish is cracking after 1day. I am curious as to what you used. They look great.
Thank you so much!
I used the krylon triple thick spray sealant. Mine was only sealed with one coat and is showing some signs of cracking, but the other one was coated at least 3 times and it's not cracking at all so far!
I really want to find out what theenchantedbrush on instagram seals her bands with! She shows them bending every which way without cracking, but she won't share what she uses...

Thank you so much!
I used the krylon triple thick spray sealant. Mine was only sealed with one coat and is showing some signs of cracking, but the other one was coated at least 3 times and it's not cracking at all so far!
I really want to find out what theenchantedbrush on instagram seals her bands with! She shows them bending every which way without cracking, but she won't share what she uses...

My brother in law this weekend mentioned using flexible, clear caulk. Has anyone tried it?

Thank you so much!

Thanks so much for your help. I had used Sinful nail polish on at least 30 other bands and no problem but this batch for some reason they all cracked with the base coat. :drinking:

20b53f567fc14b19fc296b45a1ae3438.jpg
magicbands2.jpg

Looking for advice without going through a million pages, although I have read through a lot of this thread in the past. :) Trip is in a week and I am looking to very slightly decorate mine and DDs bands. We both have pink and I just want to make the Mickey silver. I am also open to a glittery silver. I like the above examples. Probably the top one best. I need to know what to use- Silver sharpie? Silver nail polish? Something else? Do I have to seal it with clear polish just over the mickey regardless of what I use to make it silver? Basically I need instructions on how to make the Mickey some kind of silver and not screw it up. Thanks for any advice anyone can offer!!:earsboy:

So it's safe to sharpie or paint over the Mickey silhouette on the top? :) I was nervous to do it, lol.

So it's safe to sharpie or paint over the Mickey silhouette on the top? :) I was nervous to do it, lol.
Yes it is. We even bedazzled around the Mickey and never had a problem. We have painted with nail polish about 60 magic bands over the years for family and friends and never once had a problem. Have fun decorating it.

Looking for advice without going through a million pages, although I have read through a lot of this thread in the past. :) Trip is in a week and I am looking to very slightly decorate mine and DDs bands. We both have pink and I just want to make the Mickey silver. I am also open to a glittery silver. I like the above examples. Probably the top one best. I need to know what to use- Silver sharpie? Silver nail polish? Something else? Do I have to seal it with clear polish just over the mickey regardless of what I use to make it silver? Basically I need instructions on how to make the Mickey some kind of silver and not screw it up. Thanks for any advice anyone can offer!!:earsboy:

We have put a base coat on ours most of the time but sometimes were in a rush and didn't. We use nail polish and nail paint pens that we bought from Walgreens or CVS. We used black sharpies once. We definitely put a clear polish over it. At least 3 coats. You do have to be careful that the paint pen or sharpie is dry before adding the top coat. And don't worry if it gets ruined - nail polish remover works great. We had to fix many issues. Have fun.

We have put a base coat on ours most of the time but sometimes were in a rush and didn't. We use nail polish and nail paint pens that we bought from Walgreens or CVS. We used black sharpies once. We definitely put a clear polish over it. At least 3 coats. You do have to be careful that the paint pen or sharpie is dry before adding the top coat. And don't worry if it gets ruined - nail polish remover works great. We had to fix many issues. Have fun.

Does nail polish remover take off sharpie too if I mess up with that?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter