Has anyone decorated their Magic Bands? Please show us the pictures!

My brother wanted a nautilus themed band, so we started with the glow in the dark band from Magicyourband and added tattoos that we printed. We sealed it with clear nail polish base coat. It turned out great! The tattoos were easy to apply and its holding up well so far and glowing on all of the dark rides:)image.jpegimage.jpeg

1 down 4 to go... Just finished this one for my Dad today. I used acrylic paint and clear nail polish as a top coat... seems to be holding great. :earsboy:

2egbkvd.jpg

Love the math one! How old is your son? I used to be a math teacher :-)

My son is 19, but autistic and mildly mentally impaired. He is fascinated by equations and also by the periodic table of the elements. He originally wanted me to put the periodic table on his magic band!

We decorated our bands the night we got to WDW. First band is glitter nail polish and a black paint pen. Second band is a black paint pen and glitter nail polish. Third band is black paint pen and white nail polish. Fourth was done by the 6 year old that went with us and is teal nail polish and glitter nail polish. Simple but super fun to do.
2016%20magic%20bands.jpg

Last edited:
I've tried sifting through this huge thread concerning crystals. Our MB just came in and we are all excited to start decorating soon. The kids picked out some tattoos so those should be easy to apply. For my daughter's and mine, I plan to paint with nail polish and then add some cute Mickey crystals I found at Joann Fabric. They have adhesive on the back, but I'm quite sure they won't hold up. Does anyone have a tip for their best way to apply these crystals? Krazy glue? Hot glue? Just go over with to coat of nail polish? Any help on applying these on would be much appreciated. We are staying 10 days so I need super durable! Thanks so much in advance.

I've tried sifting through this huge thread concerning crystals. Our MB just came in and we are all excited to start decorating soon. The kids picked out some tattoos so those should be easy to apply. For my daughter's and mine, I plan to paint with nail polish and then add some cute Mickey crystals I found at Joann Fabric. They have adhesive on the back, but I'm quite sure they won't hold up. Does anyone have a tip for their best way to apply these crystals? Krazy glue? Hot glue? Just go over with to coat of nail polish? Any help on applying these on would be much appreciated. We are staying 10 days so I need super durable! Thanks so much in advance.

I've done it a couple of ways and both have worked fine. One is using E6000 glue and then also applying nail polish over and around it to seal out any water etc. But I've also just put a drop of nail polish under and then applied a couple good coats on top and around. I feel a bit better about using the glue then then nail polish - probably just because it's using something with the word glue in it. :)

I've done it a couple of ways and both have worked fine. One is using E6000 glue and then also applying nail polish over and around it to seal out any water etc. But I've also just put a drop of nail polish under and then applied a couple good coats on top and around. I feel a bit better about using the glue then then nail polish - probably just because it's using something with the word glue in it. :)

Thanks so much!!!

Just got back from a couple of days at Disney. New bands held up good. Got my wife involved this time and she used her Silhouette to cut out some vinyl. Did a little painting and covered with basecoat nailpolish. Turned out pretty good. Once again...others at park ask where we bought them or if we were a company...LOL...I only saw one other couple who had decorated theirs and I of course stopped them just to say hi and liked their bands. It's like a treasure hunt to find someone else in the parks who decorated theirs. Everyone keep up the decorating, all your ideas are awesome.
img1.JPG img2.JPG

Sorry in advance for the photo heavy post. Ever since we started decorating magic bands I have been trying to come up with ways to make the bands less-band and more like jewelry. With that idea in mind I have been working on my outfit for Dapper Day that is coming up in a few weeks. Since it is also Star Wars half marathon weekend we decided to do a Star Wars theme. My outfit is Chewbaca.

I started with a wooden bangle bracelet that I found. First I cut off the band part of my magic band so that I just had a small rectangle part that holds the rfid chip. I used a dremel to cut a space out of the bracelet to fit the magic band in. I glued the magic band in place and then used some wood putty to seal around it. Then I sanded and painted it.

This is the during shot so that you can see where the band is.

Here is the finished band with some of my other accessories for my costume.

Closeup shots.

The long range RFID might not work on the band. It looks like you cut the antenna part short which usually goes the length of the band. Looks great tho.

The long range RFID might not work on the band. It looks like you cut the antenna part short which usually goes the length of the band. Looks great tho.

That's a good word of caution. I'm not worried about it for this band since I was planning to carry an extra band in my bag just in case.

Here are a couple of pics I found that show the inside of the MB's. How much of the sides of the MB did you cut off @HockeyMomNH ?

View attachment 158766 View attachment 158767

That is interesting. I didn't see any of the orange like in that picture when I cut the sides off. I did use one of the newer, thinner bands. I wonder if they are different inside.

I'll be there in a few weeks. I'll report back on my results.

HELP! I was just listening to Lou Mongelli's podcast (WDW Radio) and they were answering a listener question about decorating magic bands. They recommended being careful about covering the Mickey because the touch point might not work. I've decorated ours with metallic glitter. Has anyone had any problems with this?

HELP! I was just listening to Lou Mongelli's podcast (WDW Radio) and they were answering a listener question about decorating magic bands. They recommended being careful about covering the Mickey because the touch point might not work. I've decorated ours with metallic glitter. Has anyone had any problems with this?
I covered my Mickey head with glitter nail polish and didn't have an issue.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter