Has anyone else been told to keep their reservation?

Hi all, OP here, wanted to update everyone on what happened on my end.

When I initially posted almost a month ago there was still (and still are) many variables at play. My May trip ended up being cancelled, something I was prepared for. I spoke with Cast Members twice before that, all that encouraged me to keep the trip, which makes sense because nobody knew what would happen. I would have likely cancelled anyway as I did not want a watered down experience.

I have rebooked my trip with another Cast Member for November which gives me runway to plan accordingly (I ended up saving a very small sum of money too). Of course, any planned trip to WDW is a hopeful gamble. I only rebooked later this year because I will be unable to go for around at least 2 years and I've only been once (last year) in the last 5+ years.

The Orange County Economic Task Force has laid out potential reopening guidelines and it'll be interesting the coming days/weeks to see how WDW and other parks adapt. I hope there's more clarity coming soon for all of you who have upcoming trips in the next couple of months.

I am obviously very bummed as are many of you about the cancelled trip. We really wanted to see particular music acts at the Flower & Garden Festival and do Villains After Hours over at MK. Instead we will be visiting Disney for the first time during the Holidays, so there's that!

All cast members I've spoken with remain optimistic and many are bummed as they had plans themselves cancelled. There's a lot of unknowns here, but in my experience CM's were trying to get me to hold onto reservations. Some people had a different experience. I do have a lengthy vacation with a lot of reservations which is a pain to redo which may have contributed to that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter