Has Anyone had a Waitlist Come Through Recently

I’m about to cancel my RIV waitlists for September. There hasn’t been a single night that has opened up in the entire month of September the entire time I’ve been stalking (months). It seems weird to me that there has been absolutely no movement but I need to make a waitlist for May and I feel like whatever is going on with September is just making my waitlists (one for std view, one preferred ) useless.
I had one as well and just gave it up because nothing was opening and I need one for our December trip.

Had another waitlist for one night at SSR 1 bedroom that should have been picked up by the waitlist but thru stalking I was able to grab it tonight. Finally have all my nights in early December finalized.

I really hate that Waitlists sit matched but not booked and there’s no easy way to know. I just cancelled a waitlist today of 5 nights - I know, I know, do it one night at a time, but I just didn’t have the points to hold this one reservation at Kidani and waitlist the nights I wanted at Jambo and I wanted the waitlist to replace the held reservation - because I saw all but 2 nights were available, so I decided I’d switch the reservation to the 3 nights and stalk the other two. Lo and behold when I canceled the two other nights were suddenly available, which likely means I matched and it never booked it.

I really hate that Waitlists sit matched but not booked and there’s no easy way to know. I just cancelled a waitlist today of 5 nights - I know, I know, do it one night at a time, but I just didn’t have the points to hold this one reservation at Kidani and waitlist the nights I wanted at Jambo and I wanted the waitlist to replace the held reservation - because I saw all but 2 nights were available, so I decided I’d switch the reservation to the 3 nights and stalk the other two. Lo and behold when I canceled the two other nights were suddenly available, which likely means I matched and it never booked it.
i've honestly started (where i can spare an hour to have hold music on in the background) calling MS to check on my days here and there just to get them to take a pass at my waitlists while I call. I ended up bridging my reservation manually (BLT, so I got my nights in a different one of the 200 room categories :-) ) but it still gave me some sanity that I wasn't going to tinker unnecessarily.

This has happened to me so many times! It is why I think sometimes, not all, when we pick up via stalking that it’s possible we had a match and what we see is an additional room.

Without knowing if a match is there but not processed, it’s sometimes hard to know.

I have gambled a few times and canceled the waitlist because of what I saw and sure enough, it popped up and I snagged it!!

I have a waitlist active now, but it's my first time waitlisting (new member). How do you know a waitlist has come through? I have a very nearly impossible waitlist... 5-night deluxe studio at BCV and it is showing duplicate. Should I call Member Services tomorrow morning? Or is it just the awful DVC website?

I have a waitlist active now, but it's my first time waitlisting (new member). How do you know a waitlist has come through? I have a very nearly impossible waitlist... 5-night deluxe studio at BCV and it is showing duplicate. Should I call Member Services tomorrow morning? Or is it just the awful DVC website?
Likely just awful DVC site. There is no way for us as members to know if a waitlist has matched without contacting member services.

My waitlists are showing as duplicates too and they weren’t earlier today. I just tried to modify one and it got the dwarves. Looks like a glitch.

Likely just awful DVC site. There is no way for us as members to know if a waitlist has matched without contacting member services.
My waitlists are showing as duplicates too and they weren’t earlier today. Looks like a glitch.

Thank you. That's what I thought... but one can dream. Being my first time and having the waitlist active for almost 2 months... oh well. Now I can't even stalk because I get the dwarfs.

My waitlists are showing as duplicates too and they weren’t earlier today. I just tried to modify one and it got the dwarves. Looks like a glitch.
Yup just checked and so are mine and the booking tool is showing as “down for maintenance“ now too

It was not through a waitlist, but early this morning I was able to get the two additional nights in a two bedroom at BCV for my DS and his family in October!!., I only waitlist one night at a time, so never thought two nights would become available.

This family couldn’t make plans at 11 months and even if they could I had run out of BCV points.

Am so happy! :thumbsup2

I was just able to get one of my BVW nights without the waitlist. The issue with waitlists showing up twice has been fixed (for the moment). Now I just need one more night at Poly to round out my birthday trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter