Has Anyone had a Waitlist Come Through Recently

I had 9/30 and 10/1 Poly lake view waitlist come thru the other day. I selected do not borrow but it turns out they borrowed points.

I also dropped a 9/30 BLT reservation that another guest had waitlisted for months. Her waitlist did not pick up the reservation and I saw that it popped up on the RAT.

I had 9/30 and 10/1 Poly lake view waitlist come thru the other day. I selected do not borrow but it turns out they borrowed points.

I also dropped a 9/30 BLT reservation that another guest had waitlisted for months. Her waitlist did not pick up the reservation and I saw that it popped up on the RAT.

Just for future, I screenshot my waitlist info at the end to show I chose not borrow and what to replace

This way if it’s done wrong, I have proof.

I’ve got a SSR preferred waitlist request for 1 - 5 December instead of the RIV tower we currently have booked.

Not overly hopeful with it being peak DVC season, but you never know....

I just noticed that a waitlist I had disappeared. It was for AKL Club level (66 points) to replace AKL Savannah view (53 points), so would have been more points. Was it cancelled as it may have exceeded some point limit?

I just noticed that a waitlist I had disappeared. It was for AKL Club level (66 points) to replace AKL Savannah view (53 points), so would have been more points. Was it cancelled as it may have exceeded some point limit?
Likely either 1) a system glitch or 2) Waitlist is being fulfilled.....

I’ve got a SSR preferred waitlist request for 1 - 5 December instead of the RIV tower we currently have booked.

Not overly hopeful with it being peak DVC season, but you never know....
If any nights are available and you have the points, reserve those nights and waitlist the rest. It's generally easier to get individual nights than several in a row.

Likely either 1) a system glitch or 2) Waitlist is being fulfilled.....

looking closer, I think it may be that they tried to fulfill it, then realized it would push us over the 50% borrowing from next year (UY 2022) ?

looking closer, I think it may be that they tried to fulfill it, then realized it would push us over the 50% borrowing from next year (UY 2022) ?

I once logged on as they were processing my waitlist as both the reservation and waitlist were gone.

But, if you required more points and it put you over the 50% borrow limit then they probably had to cancel it.

I once logged on as they were processing my waitlist as both the reservation and waitlist were gone.

But, if you required more points and it put you over the 50% borrow limit then they probably had to cancel it.

yep, I had my wife look at it too and that is what she thought too. This is for a trip in November, we have another trip booked in February, so we are at 3 points below 50% borrowing limit from our 2022 UY and this waitlist would have pushed it over. Not a big deal as we waitlisted it to switch to club level and hoping they would actually have club level by then. By the way, wife's comment was "I guess that means we need more points..."

Last edited:
yep, I had my wife look at it too and that is what she thought too. This is for a trip in November, we have another trip booked in February, so we are at 3 points above 50% borrowing limit from our 2022 UY and this waitlist would have pushed it over. Not a big deal as we waitlisted it to switch to club level and hoping they would actually have club level by then. By the way, wife's comment was "I guess that means we need more points..."

Is there no way in these situations to call-in and purchase individual points?

We just had our first waitlist come through. We had one night in a BWV Garden studio, followed by one night BWV Boardwalk studio, followed by 5 nights in a BWV Garden. I put in a request to have the Boardwalk view by replaced by a Garden view (This was on Sunday). Just got confirmation it was done. They even combined the last 6 nights without us asking. Now asking chat support to combine the first night with the last 6 nights.....

I just had a 1 nt WL for SSR OCT 14 come in to add to my other 2 nts (st Studio)

I had booked 5 nights at Beach Club and wanted a 6th, and the waitlist for the 6th came through the next day. Called MS and combined the reservations, and we’re locked and loaded!

I had my one-night BWV 1 bedroom waitlist come through this afternoon. Now we don't have to move to a studio for one night. I put this waitlist in only two days ago!

Forgot to add that this is for a 7/21-731 stay.

Last edited:
I'm obsessively checking the website daily to see if I can scoop the last 2 days I need. It's the first weekend in Dec; so I think it's going to be hard to get.

So another quick waitlist fulfillment for us today. Late yesterday afternoon we were able to snag an AKL Jambo Savannah view from Nov 25-28. Also grabbed a club level room on Nov 24 since it was there. Put in a waitlist at about 6:00 last night for AKL Jambo Savannah on Nov 24 and it just came through.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter