Has anyone had success booking dining? I mean......for the love of churros!

Also, anyone think fantasmic returns soon? Maybe the dining packages, so they're slowing down the release of Blue Bayou reservations?
Same thing happened this morning for 8/15. Got up at 5AM local and nothing anywhere in either park.
I see a bunch for the 14th and 15th now by clicking hours.

For those at DLR the end of July I am now seeing a fair amount of availability for DTD dining options for both lunch and dinner time slots.
Ooh thanks, I didn't think to check. Looks like they go up to July 31. Was able to get Tortilla Jos, but none are available on Aug 1.

Does anyone know if they will let you into Downtown Disney early if you have a Storytellers breakfast reservation? We will be staying at the Tropicanna and have a 7:30am reservation. Not really worth walking all the around to the front of the GCH.

Also, anyone think fantasmic returns soon? Maybe the dining packages, so they're slowing down the release of Blue Bayou reservations?

I see a bunch for the 14th and 15th now by clicking hours.

I think before Fantasmic returns, Disneyland will need to reopen all their restaurant locations that offered Fantasmic Dining Packages with Blue Bayou, River Belle Terrace, Hungry Bear and Aladdin's Oasis.

I believe I read a rumor that Hungry Bear was set to reopen July 1st, so maybe Fantasmic might return soon after?

I think before Fantasmic returns, Disneyland will need to reopen all their restaurant locations that offered Fantasmic Dining Packages with Blue Bayou, River Belle Terrace, Hungry Bear and Aladdin's Oasis.

I believe I read a rumor that Hungry Bear was set to reopen July 1st, so maybe Fantasmic might return soon after?

Aladin's Oasis has been closed since 2017.

Aladin's Oasis has been closed since 2017.

I thought so but I went with what's listed on their website for Fantasmic Dining Packages listed below.....

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/fantasmic-dining-packages/

Aladdin’s Oasis “Fantasmic!” On-The-Go

• Includes one grab & go meal
    • Adult options are served with salad with choice of dressing, dinner roll, beverage and dessert:
      • Herb marinated chicken with seasonal vegetables
      • Lasagna Bolognese
      • Vegetarian Lasagna
    • Child options are served with seasonal vegetables, fresh fruit, dinner roll, beverage and Mickey cookie:
      • Kids chicken
      • Kids pasta
      • Kids macaroni and cheese
  • Includes a “Fantasmic!” FASTPASS
  • Pick-up times: 12 p.m. – 7 p.m.
  • Pricing:
    • $19.99 – Adult
    • $13.99 – Children (ages 3-9)
    • Tax not included

Haha, I was pondering the fantasmic question yesterday, but didn't realize I left it in the box. Oh well, fun to talk about. I'd like to see it return. I hope everything can return soon.

I thought so but I went with what's listed on their website for Fantasmic Dining Packages listed below.....

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/fantasmic-dining-packages/

That's definitely just an old line item someone forgot to remove as Aladdin's Oasis doesn't even EXIST any more (the Tropical Hideaway is in that location). That link doesn't even work for me.

I don't think we should be expecting F! super soon as that requires casting and rehearsals that I haven't seen much rumor of just yet.

As far as dining- I mean, DLR has ALWAYS been a hot mess when it comes to dining reservations. Very inconsistent with release of restaurant hours and reservations (and even park hours, which in turn affects reservation times). I think they had the first few months of reopening well scheduled and people got used things happening in a consistent way but now they're back to the old 'we haven't planned that far ahead yet' approach. I think this is compounded by decisions that are happening behind the scenes about capacity increases, when to reopen various locations and staffing availability. But hopefully this will also eventually mean we get back to enough availability that it won't be so hard to get a reservation (also generally how it used to be in the past but with a few exceptions).

Thank you! Got all the DTD reservations wanted. Now just hoping and waiting for Carnation and I will have every place we care about looked up.

It looks like DTD locations are finally being added back into the mix when using the app! A bunch of DTD choices are now showing as being available for my mid-July trip.

FINALLY!!! I'm now all set for our trip. I was just waiting for Ralph Brennan's and was SO excited to get an alert that there were times available.

There is a website that cant be linked here but you can use it to set alerts for open dining reservations.

I was just browsing for my mom/daughter day next week, and a Lamplight Lounge popped up for 4 pm! I snatched it! We’ve never been, and I’ve been wanting to try the lobster nachos for years. Yayyy! :cool1:

ETA: my dropped WCT for 5:30 on Wed 23rd is now showing, get it while it’s hot!
Interesting to note, as others have said, I didn’t find it by selecting Lunch. I was tabbing through the individual time slots. My canceled WCT is doing the same. So I’m going to echo the advice: if you have the patience to keep checking back, there’s a good chance you can snag your reservation through a cancellation by tabbing through time slots.

Last edited:
It's so weird...I've been checking my August dates over and over again for the last few days, and the same four restaurants keep popping up, with the same time slots. Seems like they would be gone by now. And it's got me wondering if they wait to release new restaurants only after the first offerings are fully booked. More cost-effective for labor?
Things are so totally confusing right now. 🙃

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter