Has anyone had success booking dining? I mean......for the love of churros!

I'm thinking about that location for dinner on Thursday, 9/28. Have you ever dined there?
We usually go for breakfast so I can’t comment on their dinner. Sorry.

I tried this morning right at 6am Pacific Time and 9/28 opened up. Nothing for Goofy’s. It says “This experience is not available on this date or time” or something like that. It says the same thing on 9/21 forward. I set an alert. The alert calendar has nothing 9/21 forward was well other than to set an alert.

I got our plan B. However, I have a question. If and when Goofy’s becomes available, can I go ahead and make a reservation for the same date and time as Plan B? I will then cancel Plan B. Will it let me or do I need to either adjust the time or cancel Plan B first?

I tried this morning right at 6am Pacific Time and 9/28 opened up. Nothing for Goofy’s. It says “This experience is not available on this date or time” or something like that. It says the same thing on 9/21 forward. I set an alert. The alert calendar has nothing 9/21 forward was well other than to set an alert.

I got our plan B. However, I have a question. If and when Goofy’s becomes available, can I go ahead and make a reservation for the same date and time as Plan B? I will then cancel Plan B. Will it let me or do I need to either adjust the time or cancel Plan B first?
Yes, I tried this morning and got the same result. IIRC, when you make a conflicting ADR, it will ask if you want to cancel the previous ADR.

You'd need to adjust the time. If your plan B is at 5pm, you'd need Goofy's to be an hour before or after. Or if plan B is an easier reservation to get, you could shift that time now and hope Goofy's opens up for your preferred time.

You'd need to adjust the time. If your plan B is at 5pm, you'd need Goofy's to be an hour before or after. Or if plan B is an easier reservation to get, you could shift that time now and hope Goofy's opens up for your preferred time.
Unfortunately Minnie’s Breakfast is full now on that date.

It is my DD’s birthday a couple of days after our trip. She is choosing a day to celebrate in the parks. She decided on Goofy’s for breakfast. On the past, I have always been able to get them 60 days out. However with not knowing what is going on with Goofy’s, she decided Plan B was Minnie’s. She is older so it is not that big of a deal.

Unfortunately Minnie’s Breakfast is full now on that date.

It is my DD’s birthday a couple of days after our trip. She is choosing a day to celebrate in the parks. She decided on Goofy’s for breakfast. On the past, I have always been able to get them 60 days out. However with not knowing what is going on with Goofy’s, she decided Plan B was Minnie’s. She is older so it is not that big of a deal.
When we went in July my DD chose Goofy's for her birthday meal, too :)

I'd keep checking for Goofy's. I was able to get our reservation using a free dining alert.

You can also try to change your Minnie's reservation later. Something might open up.

Ogas is still filling up it looks like. 60 days out and I can’t find a reservation a few hours after reservations opened. Blue bayou is short on availability, as usual 🤣. Lamplight, prime eating times fill up, but looks like off hours has some availability, but weekdays appear to have better availability.
When we went last summer Oga's either didn't open up for reservations at the 60 day mark or released a ton of reservations right around 35-40 days out. I had alerts set with two different websites and my phone went crazy with alerts at 10:30am PT. I was at work and not able to get online for about 15 mins but i still was able to get a ressie for 5 at my second choice time.

I checked with my travel agent. She was great and said that if Goofy’s Kitchen was going to be closed that it would say so. She indicted that they sometimes release things at 45 days out, just to keep checking. By my calculations, August 12th is the 45th day from 9/21, when they stopped having times available. She suggested a dining alert company and to also keep checking multiple times a day.

I hope this helps wabbott. If I see it open up for 9/28, I will post here so you can get your dinner reservations.

Yesterday was the booking window for the last day of our trip (October 1st). I was able to get all of the reservations that we wanted to include the hard ones like Ogas and Blue Bayou. Two years ago when we went it was pulling teeth trying to get one for anything. Does anyone know if they are opening more reservations or is it a case where attendance may be lower so there isn't as much competition for the slots they have?

So, is it ever possible to get Trader Sam's, or is it just some kind or sick joke or psych experiment? 🤣
I was able to get one for 9/28 at 4:30 so my daughter and her boyfriend can come with me and one for 9/29 at 10:55p for just myself. The do go pretty quick. One thing I noticed is that when I searched for a solo reservation it showed nothing, but when I switched it to two people it reappeared.

Also, this is the first time I've actually gotten reservations ahead of time. The last two trips I went and signed up on the wait list that day and was able to get in each time. I think the longest wait I had was an hour but it wasn't a big deal since we were staying right there at DLH

I was able to get one for 9/28 at 4:30 so my daughter and her boyfriend can come with me and one for 9/29 at 10:55p for just myself. The do go pretty quick. One thing I noticed is that when I searched for a solo reservation it showed nothing, but when I switched it to two people it reappeared.

Also, this is the first time I've actually gotten reservations ahead of time. The last two trips I went and signed up on the wait list that day and was able to get in each time. I think the longest wait I had was an hour but it wasn't a big deal since we were staying right there at DLH

I have been searching for two on the 28th, but also could have done October 2 - missed both! I get in on the 28th at about 7 PM though, so it had to be a bit later. I thought it'd be a good arrival night thing. I am going with a friend who has never been to a Disney park.

So, is it ever possible to get Trader Sam's, or is it just some kind or sick joke or psych experiment? 🤣
Trader Sam’s slots will go within about 30 seconds. Best to have your time range ready to click right at 6:00am pacific time. Oga’s will last a few seconds longer. Those two are like trying to get a spot in a virtual queue 😂

I don't know if this is still a thing, but last year I was able to order drinks from Trader Sam's from my room at DLH. I went down and picked them up when they were ready. Not like being at TS's, but worked well for us that evening.

So are reservations actually *reliably* being loaded at 6am Pacific 60 days out?

Or is it like it was a couple years ago and completely random? My last experience was fall 2021 and they would get loaded in at completely random times of the day and like anywhere from 60 down to 40 days before the date or something… wildly frustrating.

So are reservations actually *reliably* being loaded at 6am Pacific 60 days out?

Or is it like it was a couple years ago and completely random? My last experience was fall 2021 and they would get loaded in at completely random times of the day and like anywhere from 60 down to 40 days before the date or something… wildly frustrating.
Currently it was happening as scheduled. I was working on a Sept 28-Oct 2 stay and it was exact each morning. I still checked it a few times prior to the top of the hour just in case because it has had a history of not being consistent.

On the unreliable side. Goofy’s Kitchen has for some reason dropped off the calendar after Sept 20.
I know. No one seems to know what is happening. The Villas open on 9/28 and someone said Goofy’s is for DLH and Villas guests only. Then the pool is closed somewhere in the middle of September so I was told Goofy’s maybe closed for refurbishment. It is hard not knowing anything firm from Disney.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter