Has anyone had success booking dining? I mean......for the love of churros!

Is Carnation Cafe walkup only for lunch now? I've been checking regularly for lunch times in early June and nothing has shown up.

So I started making my ADRs for 60 days out this week. I was prepared for a total cluster. I have been pleasantly surprised at how well it is going. The site hasn't been very flaky, even on 4/20, when they released WOC dessert party. I did book before those were released. I have also been able to find pretty decent availability booking right at opening. I might not be getting very difficult ones though. I think this has gone more smoothly than my WDW ADRs for May or my DCL bookings last night. Two more days of booking. It helps that it's at 8am my time, instead of 5am.

So I started making my ADRs for 60 days out this week. I was prepared for a total cluster. I have been pleasantly surprised at how well it is going. The site hasn't been very flaky, even on 4/20, when they released WOC dessert party. I did book before those were released. I have also been able to find pretty decent availability booking right at opening. I might not be getting very difficult ones though. I think this has gone more smoothly than my WDW ADRs for May or my DCL bookings last night. Two more days of booking. It helps that it's at 8am my time, instead of 5am.
That was my experience as well a month ago for our upcoming late May trip. It was a much easier process than WDW overall and if I didn’t get exactly what I wanted, I simply modified quickly during those initial 15-30 minutes of the ADRs opening to the times we preferred.

My only real surprise were a handful of things not dropping exactly 60 days out for me (a definite difference from WDW), but a free reservation finding service alerted me to when they did randomly drop later that week/month and I was able to secure a couple that way too.

Or maybe I just got really lucky. 😁

Good luck the rest of your ADR days! 🤘🏼

What does this mean specifically? Thanks
I'm old. I have tech challenges. I hate leaving a log in page to check my email for a multi-digit code which I often can't remember long enough to place in log in page. Soooo many steps. I just want to put in my password and get in and make my reservation.

*whiny old person post*
plus, I want to keep this thread going 😁

I'm old. I have tech challenges. I hate leaving a log in page to check my email for a multi-digit code which I often can't remember long enough to place in log in page. Soooo many steps. I just want to put in my password and get in and make my reservation.

*whiny old person post*
plus, I want to keep this thread going 😁

I am an electrical engineer, so I am tech savvy. But it still grinds my gears. It's especially painful on a phone. I usually just copy and paste the number. Sometimes copying can be flaky on a phone. At least they text us. My bank calls with the code. I keep having to hit repeat a dozen times to remember the darn thing or get all of the digits.

Well we used Mousewatchers and got the Plaza Inn Dining package for Main Street Electrical Parade! So happy!!
Thanks for the reminder about that website. I had forgotten about it. My daughter and I are going this weekend, and she was really hoping to check out the Lamplight Lounge, but I dropped the ball and didn't set any reminders about reservations. I've had an alert in Mouse d ining, but just the free version, and I've always been too late to grab it. For $5 I set up two day's worth of alerts in Mousewatchers and had a reservation within 12 hours.

Last edited:
Random dining question - can you book a reservation at your "second" park of the day, assuming you have a park hopper? As in, I have a DL park reservation and park hopper, but am wanting to have dinner at Lamplight?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter