Has anyone heard of a direct checkin where you bypass the front desk?

I can see the benefit of this for the value resorts where front desk lines can be very long, and from my singular experience the folk staffing them are in a rush. The DVC resort check in lines, however, are usually quite manageable wait-wise and everyone working has friendly and willing to take time with everyone. Besides, I like the check in process and saying hello to the front desk staff. It makes it feel like there are real people "there" if we need them.

Thought is share..

We had this option last dec. When staying at port orleans.. Before buying into DVC.
Had our bands, got our text early that morning.. When we got there found it was not what we paid for.. We paid for a garden view and got a standard. We had requested a king size bed. No king. And on top of it the room was sooo dirty.

Had to go back to the front desk and get a different room. No kings available. :-( Was told the computer assigns the rooms as the open.. And it maybe glitchy..
Was also told the computer has no way to see notes/requests on rooms.. Has I said this was last dec., I hope they a fixed issues we had.
Just some food for thought, but we will not be using this system again. (If we have a choice)

A dirty room can happen even with the person assigning rooms, that's the fault of housekeeping setting the room status to done too soon or just not doing their job correctly.

As for assigning the rooms by program, not quite sure how I feel about it yet. Technically, it should work just fine, but for requests I can see how it won't know what to do. Assigning rooms is a talent. Dealing them out at first is not, but working with cancellations, room category changes, late reservations and requests it is.

There is no bluetooth in the MB's. The "touch" and "short range" RFID are actually just two different terms for the same thing.

This is from the FCC filing letter about the magic band:

"The radio of the device, Model MB-R1G1, is a wrist worn arm band that transmits a 2.4 GHz signal to an indoor wireless infrastructure. The PCB assembly is potted in plastic and completely overmolded with thermal plastic polyurethane. The band has no on off switch and is powered with a non-replaceable coin cell. The PCB assembly also includes a passive UHF RFID tag radio and a passive HF RFID tag radio".

:earsboy: Bill

A dirty room can happen even with the person assigning rooms, that's the fault of housekeeping setting the room status to done too soon or just not doing their job correctly. As for assigning the rooms by program, not quite sure how I feel about it yet. Technically, it should work just fine, but for requests I can see how it won't know what to do. Assigning rooms is a talent. Dealing them out at first is not, but working with cancellations, room category changes, late reservations and requests it is.

I do understand it was a housekeeping problem.. And of that was the only issue, could have be solved easily..

I think assigning rooms, needs to be done by a live person. There are to many requests and/or needs that need to be read by an actual person..
I understand a request is a request, but if the computer ignores them all together. That's a different story..

I just don't think at DVC properties this will work.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter