Has anyone used those Disney fabric panels from WalMart?

Thanks for the compliment!!!! :maleficen :yay:

I didnt have any. I made it up on my own.... I can write them down if you would like.....

:wizard:

I like that pillow! Is this something you could do on the front of a tee shirt?

Could someone tell me (in plain English, as I'm very crafty-challenged :teeth: ) how I could put those on tee shirts?

Well I don't know exactly how Greenepona did it, but I can tell you how I have done it on several things...

It looked like she used "D" rings, which you can get at WalMart, a craft store or fabric store. Just make sure the width of the rings are as wide as the ribbon you want to use... And they are called D rings cause thats what they look like....

Deside where you want the lacing to be. Under the bust from slightly off bust point on each side.... bust point is , hum center bust(nipple) to center bust...
I usually go about where the bottom of a bra would hit as it suports the bra cups, unless this is for a kid wo a bust...
Fold the T shirt so you have a center line, and press it. This is so you can space the D rings out from the center on each side. Or the back...or both...

Now that you have a fold down the front and back that has been ironed in, fold the shirt up to where you want to the first set of D rings to be under the bust( if they are on the front), and use the center ironed line to make sure that the line Horizonal line is balanced... think of folding a peice of paper long way and then un fold and then folding it up so that you have sectioned it in 4
Neck top
____________________ Sleeve area..
`D l l l D
l l l D rings on this side should face into the
D l l l D shirt
l l l
D l---------- l-----------l D this illist. might not turn out, i have done it
l l l twice now!
D l l l D
l l l
D l l l D
l_________ l_________l
Bottom of the shirt.

I hope this is a little clearer... You can use small piece of the ribbon to wrap the D rings and then sew them on using the ribbon/D ring so that it is more finished looking.
___
l__D Sorry, I can't make this clearer! use only a 2-3 inch piece of ribbon and tuck the raw unfinished ends together inside the loop formed around the D ring. Stitch on the edge as close to the D ring as you can, so it won't slide around! You don't have to wrap ribbon around the D ring, but they have an opening and it will look neater and more professional if you do, be more comfy to wear, and look a lot better.

Once you have the D rings sewn down you can then lace them together to so they look like the pillow back...

Hope this is not to confusing.. if you want more info there are several sites you can Google or PM me and I will give you my phone # and you can call. I live in SCarolina.. .and do a ton of costuming... and sewing.

It is soooooo much easier then this all sounds. I think if you look at the photo that was posted and can get through all this reading you can do it! It is an easy hand sewing project, or you can even sew them down with a machine and a wide zig zag stitch if you are VERY, VERY carefull!
Best of luck! And have fun!

D---------D
l l l
D l D
l l l
D--------- D
l l l
D l D
l l l
D l D
l-----l-----l

hope this one works! Also use odd numbers of D rings, 3, 5, 7, 9, it wil lace better.

Well, Mine was hand sewn... i made it at work... so its not that hard at all here's what I did:

You will need:
1 Fabric Panel
14 7/8" D rings
1 spool of corresponding ribbon (3/4")
24" square of coordinating scrap fabric(2 x 12" squares)
Quick hold Tacky Glue
Clear Thread
Thread to match the fabric.
bag o' stuffing

1. bought the panel, trimmed it.
2. bought scrap fabric from walmart for the front and back. I made each of the pieces 12" square.
3. I put glue on the perimiter of the panel and centered on front piece.
4. I laid the ribbon around the edge and glued it in place.
5. Take the clear thread and sew the corners down
6. Once dry, put fabric together RIGHT sides together
7. Cut 14 2.5" pieces of ribbon
8. Take peices of ribbon put them through the rings (flat side)
9. Pin the ends of the ribbon BETWEEN the 2 fabric pieces (7 rings to a side)
10. Sew 3 sides together.
11. on 4th side, leave a 3-4" opening to a) turn right side out and b) stuff
12. Turn pillow right side out and stuff to your likeness.
13. when all stuffed, sew opening closed.
14. turn pillow over and lace ribbon through the D rings from Top down.
15. Tie a bow at the bottom.

That's it your'e done! :cheer2:

Greenepona said:
Well, Mine was hand sewn... i made it at work... so its not that hard at all here's what I did:

You will need:
1 Fabric Panel
14 7/8" D rings
1 spool of corresponding ribbon (3/4")
24" square of coordinating scrap fabric(2 x 12" squares)
Quick hold Tacky Glue
Clear Thread
Thread to match the fabric.
bag o' stuffing

1. bought the panel, trimmed it.
2. bought scrap fabric from walmart for the front and back. I made each of the pieces 12" square.
3. I put glue on the perimiter of the panel and centered on front piece.
4. I laid the ribbon around the edge and glued it in place.
5. Take the clear thread and sew the corners down
6. Once dry, put fabric together RIGHT sides together
7. Cut 14 2.5" pieces of ribbon
8. Take peices of ribbon put them through the rings (flat side)
9. Pin the ends of the ribbon BETWEEN the 2 fabric pieces (7 rings to a side)
10. Sew 3 sides together.
11. on 4th side, leave a 3-4" opening to a) turn right side out and b) stuff
12. Turn pillow right side out and stuff to your likeness.
13. when all stuffed, sew opening closed.
14. turn pillow over and lace ribbon through the D rings from Top down.
15. Tie a bow at the bottom.

That's it your'e done! :cheer2:
+

Thank you! :thumbsup2

That's so funny! Just yesterday there was a girl in one of my classes who was showing how she had put them on a tote bag and added some fringe around the top. She sells them for $15. They were really cute. I think she had a Cinderella one.

Thank you, Idofabric and Greenepona!

I didn't understand a word of it, but I'm going to try. Or maybe give it to my DH -- he's the sewer in the family. No, not sewer like where your toilet yuck goes, but SEWer like someone who knows how to make clothes. :rotfl2: He used to make his own costumes for ren fests and such.

I have not seen the panels. However, one of my favorite qucik as a lick sewing projects I started when I was expecting my daughter. I have this Piglet obssession some would say, and I wanted her to have something that was just piglet no other ppoh character. I found at JoAnn's this really cute fabric with only piglet (he is always with pooh!!!) that was cream. I got a yard not knowing what I was going to do with it. (it would have made great sundress) Anyway... when I found out she was a girl I bought a yeard of pick fleece and pick blanket binding. Layed them together cut into the biggest square possible. Sewed an X across to connect them and them added the binding. Also used a iron on to iorn on the fleece side Our little piglet. My husband has now requested similar ones for each of our cars and our daugher like to have something over her when she tries to go to sleep in the car. So now I have green sparkle fleece, tink fabric and green binding to sew together. And then I do not know what my husband wants for his car, but believe it or not her really cares!

Anyway lots of fun, looks great, but SIMPLE!

we3disneygo said:
:cool1: dd12 got the tink panel yesterday marked down to 4.95 , she wants to make a purse !!
Wow! where did she get it from, and do you think they have any left now?!

:surfweb: we found them at Walmart , we were visiting my grandma about an hour away. our local walmart didnt' have these..... :moped:

I was at Walmart today, saw the panels, but they weren't on sale. They must be selling pretty well. All they has were Sleeping Beauty. I thought they were pretty expensive considering you get such a small amount.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter