Has Boardwalk become impossible to book?

We stay at BWV every october.
To date, I have had no problems getting a studio, 1 BR or 2 BR for the week at 11 months
Now if I'm looking closer to 7 months, it can be much more difficult with studios nearly impossible.

Not to add gasoline to the smoldering embers of this thread, but I just had a 3-night wait list for a BWV std. view studio come thru for a F&W weekend. Yes, BWV is hard to book but it is not impossible to get what you want IF you have the patience to wait it out.

I booked a 1br garden view last week for the first week in December. I was on the fence as to when to go and while browsing saw plenty of availability for Sept-Dec. Have owned at BWV since 1999 and have never had trouble booking from a studio to GV at 11 months and usually find something at 7.
I was on at midnight of my 11 months. Looking for two bedroom for week beginning 12/6. Nothing available. Booked for 12/13 a week later. Led me to look at calendar for Boardwalk and availability compared to others and Boardwalk has few solid week long available openings.

Not to add gasoline to the smoldering embers of this thread, but I just had a 3-night wait list for a BWV std. view studio come thru for a F&W weekend. Yes, BWV is hard to book but it is not impossible to get what you want IF you have the patience to wait it out.
yup!

I pieced together a 6 night stay first week of December for my parents in BWV standard at 10.5 months out. Just gotta wait for the walkers to keep walking.

I just booked a week for dec 4-9 garden view studio. There was nothing the first 2 weeks of December. I logged on the next day and entire week was there. I wondered why no waitlist grabbed it. It gets harder for the owners to book Every year.

I was on at midnight of my 11 months. Looking for two bedroom for week beginning 12/6. Nothing available. Booked for 12/13 a week later. Led me to look at calendar for Boardwalk and availability compared to others and Boardwalk has few solid week long available openings.
Booking starts at 8:00am online. If you tried at midnight, it will show no availability.

How long was you on the waitlist? We booked 11 months out then decided to add on days and are waitlisted for 2 nights. I'm still over 7 months out. This is a first time booking a stay for us so just curious if waitlist come through often or should I consider booking elsewhere those two nights.

How long was you on the waitlist? We booked 11 months out then decided to add on days and are waitlisted for 2 nights. I'm still over 7 months out. This is a first time booking a stay for us so just curious if waitlist come through often or should I consider booking elsewhere those two nights.
I was on the wait list for just under 2 weeks. I had booked a garden view when it became available early this month and then waitlisted for std. view for the same dates. Then I began stalking. Wait list beat out stalking this time.

I just had to cancel my BWV 1 bedroom standard view for 11/28-12/5. :( :( :( Some of the nights were immediately returned to inventory, but others were not. Waitlists do work, but I have been unable to figure out the "algorithm" of how & why based on the reports and my personal experiences. There doesn't appear to be a consistent pattern.

Now I need one more night in October to complete my new desired stay. (We enjoy F&W and F&G, but prefer early December). I wait-listed the missing night (it's at the beginning of the stay) and occasionally check the RAT. If I can't complete the reservation prior to the time I book air, we will just stay one night less than I want.

Last edited:
DVC translation : “It’s impossible to book”.
English: “I am trying to book a studio at peak DVC times, and having difficulties”.

DVC translation: “ Yes unless you are an owner and booking on 11 months, you cannot get in”.
English: “ Well, I also book studios at peak times, so believe what you are saying to be fact so will reinforce that, but I have not actually looked to get a pool and garden studio in off peak times such as summer, where they can be had at 7 months, nor have I ever checked 1 bed availability which is generally open at 7 months at Boardwalk all year”.

I just booked 2 pool view BW studios in Sept then switched them to Boardwalk view a few days later when that become available. Then 1 of the days standard view was available so I picked that up as well. Not sure how I’m going to piece it all together at the end but impossible NO. Challenging Yes.

This is a first time booking a stay for us so just curious if waitlist come through often or should I consider booking elsewhere those two nights.

I had a waitlist for Boardwalk in October 2019 (and a weekend no less!) come through around August. If you are lucky, your waitlist will come through. Pool/Garden views are more likely than other views.
Good luck!

I've never had a problem booking a 1-bedroom at 7 months. Even scored a standard a couple of times over the years. Studios are an issue at the low point seasons.

My wife and I have the same experience. 1-bedrooms at 7 months out are never a problem.

It’s time for DVC to make the Boardwalk view rooms 1 or 2 more points than the garden/pool view. Aug 2020 studios...standard singles here and there, same for Boardwalk view, while garden/pool view is practically available everyday

It’s time for DVC to make the Boardwalk view rooms 1 or 2 more points than the garden/pool view. Aug 2020 studios...standard singles here and there, same for Boardwalk view, while garden/pool view is practically available everyday
And how do you propose they balance the points out? DVC cannot randomly raise points for one booking category without lowering them an equal amount in another category just because b/w view books up faster than g/p view. The g/p views still get booked. OKW has two booking categories. Near Hospitality House always books up first. DVC doesn’t raise the points for those villas just because there is a greater preference.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter