• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Has NE Blizzard affected your WDW trip.?

tim123

DIS Veteran
Here on Cape Cod three feet outside. Stuck inside. Has anyone had to change or miss your trip?

We're in Quincy, MA, planning to fly out Sunday Feb 8. We're crossing our fingers hard for no more significant snow before then... Hope everyone else makes it as well!

Yeah, it makes me want to move there permanently. Some snow is fine. 30" is ridiculous.

Yeah, it makes me want to move there permanently. Some snow is fine. 30" is ridiculous.

We got about 20 inches up here in Maine. 10-day forecast has another 7+ inches forecasted for Thursday night thru Saturday morning. Then another 8-12 for Monday, 2/2 and finally, another 5-8 inches for Thursday, 2/5. Woo hoo!

On the Cape too. Thank goodness we weren't going anywhere this week. Crossing fingers about February vacation. Please don't snow. Please don't snow!

Central MA here with 34 inches. Just making me appreciate the Feb vacation trip more. Flight got cancelled last year, so I'm hoping lightning doesn't strike twice!:thumbsup2

We're in Quincy, MA, planning to fly out Sunday Feb 8. We're crossing our fingers hard for no more significant snow before then... Hope everyone else makes it as well!
Some snow Friday, more snow Sunday night into Monday.

We leave on the 14th and it can snow all it wants to now but please not then! Got another day off tomorrow- that is 3 days so far. I am a teacher and I will be in school forever at this rate

We were all set to take off from Bradley 7:00am Monday morning, but after this blizzard and getting paranoid about the weather, I happened to check last night and saw the potential for issues Sunday night into Monday morning. So I said ohhhh heck no, I'm not dealing with potential delays and what not. I changed our flight and booked one out Sunday morning and added an extra day to our trip, checking into Poly on Sunday instead. Darn :) Now it's looking like possibly nothing will happen, but you know it would have been a mess if I didn't change our arrival date!

Central MA here with 34 inches. Just making me appreciate the Feb vacation trip more. Flight got cancelled last year, so I'm hoping lightning doesn't strike twice!:thumbsup2

I could have written this myself;) I'm in Central Mass and got 35 inches. Kids are on day three off school tomorrow. Last February my flight out of Providence got cancelled. I will be calling SW ASAP if my flight this year, on President's Day looks at all at risk! Took 4 days to get out last year, cut my vacation in half. I too am hoping lightning doesn't strike twice.

I could have written this myself;) I'm in Central Mass and got 35 inches. Kids are on day three off school tomorrow. Last February my flight out of Providence got cancelled. I will be calling SW ASAP if my flight this year, on President's Day looks at all at risk! Took 4 days to get out last year, cut my vacation in half. I too am hoping lightning doesn't strike twice.

We are SE of Boston. Got about 24-25 inches maybe more. I must have gotten out just ahead of you last year from Providence. We also flew out President's day. Going again this year and hoping for the best once again. Good luck to all. Looks like a lot of us here in MA are visiting Mickey during school vacation week! (No surprise there!)

We were all set to take off from Bradley 7:00am Monday morning, but after this blizzard and getting paranoid about the weather, I happened to check last night and saw the potential for issues Sunday night into Monday morning. So I said ohhhh heck no, I'm not dealing with potential delays and what not. I changed our flight and booked one out Sunday morning and added an extra day to our trip, checking into Poly on Sunday instead. Darn :) Now it's looking like possibly nothing will happen, but you know it would have been a mess if I didn't change our arrival date!

And you gained a days vacation, yeah you! Glad it worked out.

I'm set to leave early Saturday morning, but these weather reports are getting me nervous.:scared:

Enough with the snow!

We got about 20 inches up here in Maine. 10-day forecast has another 7+ inches forecasted for Thursday night thru Saturday morning. Then another 8-12 for Monday, 2/2 and finally, another 5-8 inches for Thursday, 2/5. Woo hoo!

I'm hoping the Thursday snow is the last of it. Friday night we are driving to Portland and flying out early Saturday morning.

I need some advice or help. I live in central jersey and leave this Tuesday 2/3. I know they r calling for snow on sun night to Monday morning/afternoon. Weather lady said tonight tracking two storms. More realistic one is 3-6 inches but major one would be 6-12. My flight on Tuesday is at 720 am, first flight out. Not sure what to do and never been in this position. Any advice would be helpful. Frustrated as hell with all this snow. Do I call airlines and Disney and try and go earlier? Hoping I don't have too.

I am a local and last night I decided to go to MK today since it the high will be 74. I scored a 9am fp for seven dwarfs.

We got about 30 inches too and have been enjoying it! But I am excited to get going tomorrow to some warmer weather! We are driving so we will be on the road tomorrow rain, snow or shine! (Unless there's another travel ban but it's not looking that way)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter