• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Has Star Wars logo pin shipped yet?

pinhopper

Mouseketeer
I was at WDW for the first Star Wars weekend. The event logo pin of Sorceror Mickey and R2-D2 was still sitting in crates in a Chinese warehouse, the CMs at the Tatooine shop told me. So, I went ahead and ordered 2 logo pins and was promised free shipping because of the snafu. Now I'm hearing that the logo pin is now in stock at the store at WDW. Has anyone else who ordered these pins by mail actually gotten them yet? If you did, could you tell me if they were shipped by USPS, UPS, Airborne, or FedEx -- that way, I'll know which delivery truck to look for down the driveway... Thanks for any info from anybody!
Sue

Hi were have been to MGM the two past weekends and both times we seen the micky/R2D2
pin there they had a box full of them.
as far as orderd pins cant help you there sorry.
I would of thought they would sell out fast but dont look like it to me.
Real nice looking pins or at lest to me they are:D

I've been to all the Star Wars Weekends and everyone I have talked to says they haven't gotten their's either. It's really upsetting that they made us pre-order the pin then turn around and sell them at MGM. I have seen the pins for sale every weekend except the first. The whole time, I'm thinking if they have the pins available, why don't they send out the pre-orders before they put them up for sale. Since the last weekend is coming up, I'm really tempted to take my pre-orders back and just purchase the pin this weekend. I'm sure it will be avaliable just like the last two weekends.

Also, now that the $30 lithographs have sold out, MGM has an event poster for sale with the sorcerer Mickey and R2-D2. This is really upsetting because we asked if a poster was available this year, and the staff said no because they lost money on them last year. I wanted the poster on the first weekend because I wanted to have all the Star Wars guests sign it. Now only the last two guests can sign the event poster, because they released it at the end of the event. My guess is that since Disney lost money on them last year, that they would make their money first by selling a $30 lithograph and then release the $15 posters after that. I didn't purchase the lithograph because it cost too much and it is only half the size of the event poster. I ended up buying a reprint poster online and have had all the Star Wars guests sign that instead. Now that the posters are out, I think I am happier with my own poster and not theirs.

Don't get me wrong, I've had a great time at Star Wars Weekends. I have all the pins up till now excluding the pre-order event pin, and have been able to meet all the Star Wars Celebrities, up till now, and have them sign my poster.

Thanks for letting me vent, but I will back this weekend and......probably next year.

Roy (Brer_Frog)

All Star Music ~ August 2001 for the Epcot Event

We ordered ours on May 6th and we have not gotten anything here in Central New Jersey.

The logo pin you are mentioning was available in the Star Tours shop during weekend 2 & weekend 3 of the Star Wars event. We bought the poster last weekend.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter