• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Has there been any announcement about the reopening of the river and train?

todzwife

<font color=darkorchid>There's nothing worse than
I know Star Wars land doesn't have an official opening date, but has anyone heard when the Rivers of America and the train will be reopening?

There is no definite date yet. I've heard spring for the Railroad, but everything else is being slated for summer. My guess is that's when it all can be expected - sometime after Memorial Day.

Nothing official. They said "about a year" and it went down in January. There are some unconfirmed rumors of April 2017.

I would be willing to bet they shoot for being back up by summer season 2017 worst case.

Ive read they are shooting for Expo weekend in July but August might be more realistic.

Is it normal for them to test things a month before opening?

I'm hoping the testing of the boats means they'll open them soon. I had heard the island was ready and could have opened at the beginning of June. So if they can get the boats ready, maybe they'll open them both. Though I wonder if there is still too much construction to see. I think the trains need a lot of testing, though I heard they could open as early as two weeks from now. Rumor from Fresh Baked is everything should be open by July 28.

I was really hoping the Train would be up and running for our big trip during the week of July 4th, but it doesn't look like that's going to happen. I'll have to get a birthday trip planned for August.

I'm also going to chime in with my sadness if at least the railroad isn't open by my mid July trip.

I don't get out to DL too often and I was really hoping to see all the attractions around the rive.

From another Blog site :

Awesome news from @imagina1on on twitter,

1. Big Thunder Trail opens Thursday

2. DLRR Starts testing on 6/22/17

3. All Attractions reopen 7/28/17

I hope these are all true! Our dates are 7/26-8/2 and I would love to be able to ride the train around the park!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter