Have any deluxe guests tried to go to cabana bay

peaches00

Mouseketeer
Since phase 2 of cabana bay is complete, I'm wondering if any deluxe guests have tried to go to pools/lazy river at cabana bay and if they were successful?

Not an exact answer to your question but in May, our Royal Pacific room key would not allow access to the Cabana Bay pool (prior to Lazy River opening).

IIRC Universal has confirmed that deluxe guests can not use the CB pool but they can use the deluxe pools..I think I read this on another discussion board

That was me. When I changed the last day of my reservation to CB I told the reservations person I was doing that so we could use the pool and lazy river. She said guests from all the deluxes could use all the pools including the lazy river at CB. I wasn't sure she had correct info so continued with changing over to CB from RPR on our last day. Maybe someone will try and check in with the DIS and let us know for sure.

I have read on other sites people have been told they not allowed to use CB pools if staying in Delux. BUT, CB can use Delux hotels pools.

If anything this should be other way round. People pay a premium for delux resort with nicer pool? So should the mod be allowed to use the Delux pool?
Personally I do not know but seems lot of conflicting info on man sites :)

One other thing I am wondering. I have read that there i going to be a path that connects CB to same path RPR uses. Easier access to parks. Worry is that RPR may end up with more people from CB using the pool than other hotels?

When we went to Universal in April and stayed at PBH we went over to CB and an attendant at the pool said that we were certainly allowed in. He said our PBH room key should also work for the gate. I didn't try it at the time though.

We are again staying at PBH next week and have confirmed reservations for a cabana at the CB pool for July 4. They confirmed my hotel reservation at PBH when I booked the cabana and have no problem with that.

Will be there this weekend staying at PBH, but got BIL a room at CB since he does not want to go to US and just hang out at the pool. Will be able to see then if they question anything....lucky for me my name is on his room so if they do at least I have that room key :)

Will be there this weekend staying at PBH, but got BIL a room at CB since he does not want to go to US and just hang out at the pool. Will be able to see then if they question anything....lucky for me my name is on his room so if they do at least I have that room key :)

I just spoke with someone at RPR, she was very clear that you can't get access. That sucks.

I don't know what's going on...I just called cabana bay and specifically asked them if I'm staying at portofino, can I use cabana bay pool and she said yes. I said do I need to bring my room key and she said yes. I think we need live reports from someone there.

We rented a cabana at cabana bay for one day of our August stay. TM at CBR even asked for my Portofino reservation # - told me I could park there (we will prob just go over and back from the park on the bus) and could use the cabana anytime from 9AM - 9 PM. I did call back and asked for them to e-mail me the details, so at least I have it all in writing.
I imagine the RPR and HRH pools would be hardest hit if they allow pool hopping in all directions - RPR is closest to CBR and HRH is just, well, cool. When my kids were teens we always rented a cabana there for a pool day when staying at RPR.

This is from their Facebook page:

Universal's Cabana Bay Beach Resort : Joanna Our pools are actually just for the guest staying with us.
Like · Reply · 1 · June 22 at 10:18am

Looks like only the hotel guests will have access to their pools, or if you rent a cabana for the day.

That is fine then.. So they need to ban the CB guests from using the Delux pools. I mean people pay more to stay there anyway.
Would be very unfair if they allowed CB guests to use say RPR and not let RPR use there pool..

That is fine then.. So they need to ban the CB guests from using the Delux pools. I mean people pay more to stay there anyway.
Would be very unfair if they allowed CB guests to use say RPR and not let RPR use there pool..

::yes::

We rented a cabana at cabana bay for one day of our August stay. TM at CBR even asked for my Portofino reservation # - told me I could park there (we will prob just go over and back from the park on the bus) and could use the cabana anytime from 9AM - 9 PM. I did call back and asked for them to e-mail me the details, so at least I have it all in writing.
I imagine the RPR and HRH pools would be hardest hit if they allow pool hopping in all directions - RPR is closest to CBR and HRH is just, well, cool. When my kids were teens we always rented a cabana there for a pool day when staying at RPR.

If you don't mind my asking, how much is a Cabana? I can get a room there for $89 + tax so I'm trying to decide if it's worth it just to use the pool for a day.

I am not going to rock the boat on this one to much :) I would hate for them to stop allowing any pool hopping. Then I would have to think harder on which 3 of the deluxe resorts I like better for pools.

From Cabana Bay FAQ on Loews website:

Do I have access to Mandara Spa at Loews Portofino Bay Hotel and the Kids’ Camps?
Yes, guests of Universal’s Cabana Bay Beach Resort have access to the all on-site hotel pools, Mandara Spa at Loews Portofino Bay Hotel and the resort Kids Camp. In addition, Cabana Bay guests may dine at any of the restaurants at all three on-site hotels.

Couldn't find anything on the other hotels FAQ's though. They probably want to show off the deluxe hotels so the CB guests will stay Deluxe for their next trip.

I'm glad though because I'm staying at CB in Oct.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter