Have been reading October crowds are bad...

nicanna

Earning My Ears
We are going October 6-13. I thought it would be a good time of year crowd wise, but I have been reading some of the unoffical books and they say it is very crowded! Does anyone have any thoughts. I know FTP has drawn alot of people. Thanks.

I'm kind of curious too. The last several years we've gone either right after Thanksgiving or right after New Year's and have been really happy with the light crowds. We've never done the Food Festival or MNSSHP so we've changed our trip to October 14-19. I've always heard October is light but it sounds like a lot of people are catching on to the benefits of going at this time. I'm sure it's not as bad as the holiday's or the summer but how bad has it gotten?

Anyone there this past October who can enlighten?

All but one of my trips to WDW has been in October and the crowds have been great. The lines have been minimal, fast pass has worked for the biggies, and all of the trips were very enjoyable. Have a great time.

We went last year for 10 days in October. We arrived on Columbus Day and didn't go to any of the parks until the next morning. However, the rest of the week, the parks were very doable. Only time we had lines were at MK in Fantasyland. It was wall to wall strollers! Long waits so we did those rides last. I don't know how FTP will effect the crowds, but no complaint from us last October.

I'm also curious how POTC movie will effect that ride. Last year we were the only people on the ride..they were waiting for people to ride. I'm sure this year will be another story!

There's a golf tournament that is held in October that can make things kind of crowded at times

we go quite often in Oct. , usually the crowds are very small in comparison to other times of year. BUT......remember the Weekend including Columbus Day ( this year its the 13th ) are more crowded because most of the schools are closed and folks c ome for a long weekend. So we chose to go later on in month .

We think October is the best time to go, but this year it may be different. Kinda sounds like the FTP and the military discount package may have added substantially to the masses.

I read earlier this week that it sounds as if many of the resorts are already booked solid . . I'm hoping that's incorrect.

We love early October... DD11 has a short "Fall Break" then, and we add a few more days of hookie to that... teacher's frown, but only because they want to go to! They let her make up the work with no penalty.

I just ran through the dates for the entire first week of OCT at a few resorts at the Disney site--All Star Movies, FW Cabins, Poly, Wilderness Lodge--none of these were booked solid.

Let's hope it stays that way :)

I have gone down at least 5 times in October and it is my most favorite time to go. The temperatures are perfect and the lines are short. I dont think we even needed to use the fast passes! The downside is that the parks close earlier, but on Friday and Saturday nights they are open later and you can still catch the wonderful spectro magic parade (my favorite) and the fantasy in the sky fireworks (changing this October to "Wishes"). This year we opted to go during Halloween/beginning of November, hoping to have the same great weather and lines!!

:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

We've always gone in October - crowds are never that bad, and even if it gets a bit busy, fastpass the rides and you'll be fine.

I know what you mean about POTC - we've always loved the ride, and frequently we've been able to walk on with no queue, and then walk back on again to the same situation!

IOA is even quieter in our expereince... especially in the afternoons.

Have a good time, we're going out at roughly the same time as you! (9-19)

We've been to WDW in October 3 times - - 1991, 1993 and 2001. Each time the crowds were very manageable. However, these trips were always in the first half of the month. This year we are going October 18-24 and I am expecting it to be more crowded ... because of the F&WF and MNSSHP . . . . not to mention FTP!!

Debbie

Originally posted by FFerret
I just ran through the dates for the entire first week of OCT at a few resorts at the Disney site--All Star Movies, FW Cabins, Poly, Wilderness Lodge--none of these were booked solid.

Let's hope it stays that way :)

Thanks for checking into this - DW and I will be there the same time as you!

Oh, and I like to see your posts - 'cause I love your Minerva Mink image....:o

Can I just ask something here - I know the FTP stand for FairyTail Package (I think?), but what is it?

cheers

The Fairytale Package includes room and UPHs (and other gifts - maybe a luggage tag & artwork?) - the deal was great because when you paid for 4 nights you got 3 for FREE.

I believe it runs through November 30, '03 and had to be booked by the end of June '03.

Debbie

I'm an Oct visitor for the past 9 years and it' absolutely my FAVORITE time of year to be in WDW!:D

Except for last year the weather has been great,cool even in the evening.My family loves attending MNSSHP and F&W.The FTP deal does make me wonder if there will be more people there this year.Also here in my area of TN the kids get the entire week of Oct13 off (they've had 3 days in the past) which I'm wondering will increase the crowds.I know Erich's teacher from last year and 2 of his school friends will be there when we are this Oct! OY! It's a Small World After All!!!

Originally posted by DrTomorrow
Thanks for checking into this - DW and I will be there the same time as you!

Oh, and I like to see your posts - 'cause I love your Minerva Mink image....:o

Gasp!

DrTomorrow
--you've discovered my secret!!!! Come to think of it, NOW I get your MMInk reference :)
Just don't tell my buds at www.tolkienonline.com -- use to have a fantabulous pic of Minerva Mink in a Xena outfit for my sig. They were convinced I was the sole artisit

I'll be taking a lot of your advice with us when we go :)

Gonna try to have a home depot green mickey with FFerret on it off my Kelloggs WDW lime green/blue lanyard--be sure to say hey :)

Baloo--
I'm VERY jealous to hear Tennessee gets a whole week off school in Oct--that's my all-time favorite time of year :) I read that the UK gets a whole OCT week off as well but I'm not sure when. That should do something to WDW crowds as well :)

FFerret,

Thanks for checking on the hotels, that makes me feel a little better. We are leaving on Monday 10/13, unfortunatly a 7:30am flight back to Boston, I think more crowds might be there during that week because of the Holiday. Have a great trip!

Originally posted by FFerret

I read that the UK gets a whole OCT week off as well but I'm not sure when.

The villa we are renting is owned by someone from the UK. I asked her this and she said that the break varies but is generally during the second half of Oct.

We were married at WDW last october..it was perfect! Not to crowded, the weather was great..We loved the food and wine festival...My DH just surprised me with a trip to celebrate our first wedding anniversarhy at disney! So October will probably become a regular yearly visit for us!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter