Have you booked an ABD for 2017?

AquamarineSteph

DIS Veteran
While we're not doing ABD this year, we are definitely doing an adventure with them next year. We've already booked the Montana/Canada trip.

Anyone else here who has already booked their ABD for 2017?

Australia June of 2017 and we are adding on a side trip to New Zealand/Queensland South Island to see Fjordlands National Park and spend a day or two on the glaciers. Would really appreciate any input from those familiar with New Zealand, especially for late June (i.e. winter) travel and visits. Thank you ABD for the early booking discount, without which we would not have been able to work in the New Zealand trip.

Cousin Orville, you will LOVE LOVE LOVE South Africa. It is our favorite of all our ABD trips. We took the "old extended version" which was much longer and travelled up the "garden route" coast. Craig is likely to be your local guide - the best guide we have ever had. Tell him what you like, and he can arrange it. At Kapama he arranged for me to take a "bush walk" early morning (working around the ABD iten.) with a Kapama Ranger. It was awesome. He also told us he could not help, but could inform, for our arrangements to visit and ride the rescue elephants, which was spectacular. This planned ABD was the best of the ABD arrangements with the local culture that we have seen. Our whole family will tell you that this trip totally changed us. I'll leave that to you to report after you return.

And Cousin Orville, thank you for your trip report on Australia - it is the only one I have been able to find.

Right now we've got Costa Rica ABD scheduled for spring break 2017, and I moved the Wyoming ABD trip that I originally had planned for this summer to next summer. We are headed to Peru next month!

Planning on 2017 Rhine river cruise, but we're waiting until we take our 2016 Danube river cruise to book. The idea is to be absolutely sure what class/type of room we want. Hopefully waiting won't bite us in the butt.

Planning on 2017 Rhine river cruise, but we're waiting until we take our 2016 Danube river cruise to book. The idea is to be absolutely sure what class/type of room we want. Hopefully waiting won't bite us in the butt.
Couldn't you book it now and then switch category later?

Sayhello

Couldn't you book it now and then switch category later?

Sayhello
We're also concerned with sea sickness and issues that might make us cancel completely. I don't understand the new cancelation policy, but have read that it's "bad". ?:|

We're also concerned with sea sickness and issues that might make us cancel completely. I don't understand the new cancelation policy, but have read that it's "bad". ?:|
Well, yes, if totally not going is an option, then no, you don't want to book now & change it later. ABD is fairly good about making changes, but their cancellation policy (after 14 days) is pretty unforgiving unless you don't mind having your deposit (now a percentage of the trip cost) tied up and sitting on ABD's books until you re-book another trip.

Sayhello

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter