Have you ever been approached by a scout?

Forum Jumper

uses lots of words
We are both in our 60's now but, when we were younger, we were approached at one of the parks by a woman who identified herself as a scout. She asked DH if he would be interested in being in a bar scene as he looked like a biker and that was what was needed. I think this was our first trip to USO without the kids and we weren't interested in interrupting the trip so he said 'no'.

For years, my DH has been growing his hair long and cutting it off when it gets past his shoulders to donate to Locks Of Love. He used to be a big muscular guy (we all used to be better lol). We still laugh about his "biker days" at USO.

Has anyone else ever been approached at the parks and asked if they wanted to be in a filming?

I remember WAYYYY back in the day when Nickleodeon was still there our family was picked for some random game show that ended up not taping due to a problem with the lights. I didn’t think they actually did any filming there anymore.

I recently saw a car commercial that I thought looked like it was filmed 'on the streets' at USO. But that isn't really (public) filming. I got chosen to do a survey on paper plates, once, and they gave me a USO gift card for my time. That was fun! They probably don't do that any more either.

Not for anything like that, but we were approached last year to do a survey or review of some sort. They mentioned they'd be showing us a series of commercials and wanted our feedback, but we politely declined.

Not for anything like that, but we were approached last year to do a survey or review of some sort. They mentioned they'd be showing us a series of commercials and wanted our feedback, but we politely declined.
We've done this a couple times. Last year they gave us each $30 gift cards. Paid for lunch!

I remember WAYYYY back in the day when Nickleodeon was still there our family was picked for some random game show that ended up not taping due to a problem with the lights. I didn’t think they actually did any filming there anymore.
That's what I thought as well, but when I was doing the HHN behind the Screams tour there was a TV show in production in one of the sound stages and they would not let us take pictured in that area - so there is stuff going on

Sounds awesome, OP! Would have moved to hear the story if he’d done it.

Next time, do it. They give you cash, and it’s a nice break in a climate controlled space.

I remember when I was a small kid in the 90’s my family was approached near the soundstages to get me to be filmed trying out different cereals. The guy was pretty insistent and I still remember to this day how uncomfortable I was and it made me not want to go back! (I was a shy kid). Now I’d totally be down to do something like that.

Sounds awesome, OP! Would have moved to hear the story if he’d done it. Next time, do it. They give you cash, and it’s a nice break in a climate controlled space.

At the time, I thought they wanted him to be in a crowd in a movie. But, now, I wonder if they wanted him to be a part of the wrestling shows they were doing at the time. :confused3 Next time we will check it out.

On this trip, we were approached to watch a new TV series and express what we thought of it. They asked both of us to participate and we each received a $40 gift card. They paid for a couple of meals. :sunny:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter