Have you ever driven a sprite boat while pregnant?

Belle5

DIS Veteran
Specifically the ones on Seven Seas Lagoon. (Or is it Bay Lake? You know-- the body of water reached by GF,WL, FW, etc.) I know those boats go faster and the water is choppier out there than the boats and water used for CS and CSR.

We have rented many times but not while I've been pregnant. Are there any restrictions for pregnant women? Did you feel it was too bumpy and choppy? I know I would have to be pretty careful when crossing the wake of another boat...
Thanks,
Belle5

My DW wouldn't even go out on our families' 19 ft big boat on a lake because of the bouncing when she was pregnant. Big fear of detachment of placenta... I would stay off and I would think they might not even let you on. Not worth risking the way I see it..

While I don't know the official answer, I have to agree with disneybud. It sure seems like the water sprites really bounce around a lot. I don't think I'd want to take a chance if it was me.

I just showed your reponses to DH (so he wouldn't try to talk me into boating once we are at WDW) and he definitely agrees that we don't want to risk it. The "placenta detachment" phrase is what really caught our eye since I've already had placenta problems this pregnancy. Thanks for the good advice. Sometimes it's hard to remember just how jarring a ride is when you aren't usually thinking about it in terms of risks. You're just too busy enjoying it...

Originally posted by Belle5
I just showed your reponses to DH (so he wouldn't try to talk me into boating once we are at WDW) and he definitely agrees that we don't want to risk it. The "placenta detachment" phrase is what really caught our eye since I've already had placenta problems this pregnancy. Thanks for the good advice. Sometimes it's hard to remember just how jarring a ride is when you aren't usually thinking about it in terms of risks. You're just too busy enjoying it...

I saw the same little phrase and am avoiding the Safari this time around...:eek:

Are you really going to avoid the safari? It seems like most of the women on this board say that's the one warning they ignore while pregnant. Apparently, they are seated up front and it's more stable there? I don't know... The older I get the more cautious I am. I really is hard to remember just how jarring that ride can be, too. I may back out of that one, too... :(

Originally posted by Belle5
Are you really going to avoid the safari? It seems like most of the women on this board say that's the one warning they ignore while pregnant. Apparently, they are seated up front and it's more stable there? I don't know... The older I get the more cautious I am. I really is hard to remember just how jarring that ride can be, too. I may back out of that one, too... :(

Yep..in fact I'm not even sure if we'll include AK on this trip at all. We may just stick to MGM/MK and Epcot for me & the boys (DH still wants to skip it).

I have heard about riding in the front, and maybe I'm just being paranoid about, but I just don't want to risk it. (especially since I miscarried over last summer, but not due to anything like this)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter