Have you ever had a shock?

Status
Not open for further replies.
mommystieg, well...while you didn't say your age, being on the original crew for Judge does narrow it down a bit for me. ;)

I worked on The Right Stuff (movie simulator-type) for my first year, and then Flashback my second year. Gotta love 105 degree days in the summer!!!

While checking into our ALL STAR, the people in front of us were arguing with several cast members. Not sure what country they were from, but they were HORRIFIED that room rate did NOT include the park tickets AND three full meals. It was truly a lack of communication but they got VERY upset, were quite loud, and it really made me feel bad for them. :(

Originally posted by BonnieA
This happened on my last trip about 3 weeks ago. My niece and I were walking in the World Showcase. This older gentleman on an ECV riding by, legs spread, with part of his "anatomy" peaking out of his shorts.
At typhoon lagoon a family proceeds to change the kids out of their suits right in front of us. The children (boy and girl) were happily naked and mom/dad even proceeded to pour bottled water over them to "clean" them? Then the mom/dad both changed out of their suits under a towel. The way the guy was doing it we were waiting to get mooned...we did. Can't understand why they changed on the beach, the dressing rooms were not crowded at that time.
Bonnie: were you able to hear them speak? They could have been European. Chaging in this fashion is common all over Europe. I remember seeing a young lady on a beach near Rome who must have been sun bathing on her lunch hour. I did not see her when she arrived but did see alot of her when she got ready to leave. In less then 2 minutes see was out of her bikini and in a very business looking blouse and skirt.

In Epcot a few years back, we came across the "play" fountain. Many kids were playing in the water as it shot up from the concrete. Some in swimsuits, some in shorts and tops.

All of a sudden I looked up and a girl, about 8 or 9 was completely nude playing in the water while her mom was encouraging her.

Everyone backed away and left.:eek:

The stories about scantily-clothed people has got me thinking---is this a big problem in BB or TL? We are taking our 5 and 7 yodds in Sept to WDW and planned to get PHP so we could take them to their first water parks. What do you think?

Thanks,
Tracy in Idaho

I disagree with the poster who said not to confront rude people. The more people that reign in the idiots, the fewer idiots there will be. Bullies are used to getting away with whatever want to do....DON'T LET THEM!!!

I've never seen anything overly shocking at TL. I think these stories are still "shocking" because they are so rare. You will see older men in Speedos (I think that must be common in other parts of the world) quite a bit. But you won't see a lot of scantily clad teens making out in line in front of you like you would your local water park. TL is much more of a family atmosphere. Don't worry about these stories. We've been several times and never seen anything bothersome.

Hi.. I am really enjoying this thread! Hoping I never witness anything like I have read so far.

I guess the most shocking thing I have seen was a family at the 1900 Park Fare buffet stuffing food in their purses/bags :o

I don't mean a couple of cookies... I mean handfuls of shrimp, meat, veggies, cheese... I don't know what type of container they had hidden in there?? - or plastic bag??.. but it was ridiculous - can you imagine what shrimp smell like after an hour?? (I was waiting to see the sauce go in next):p

I think they wanted to get their moneys worth - and they did.

>>^..^<<

A few years ago we were parked in front of the DL while my husband ran in to check on something. Luckily our DDs went with him because a man a row in front of our car got out of his car, opened the back door, took out a cup and relieved himself into it. He didn't hide behind the door or anything. I was SHOCKED (and a bit impressed:p ) He was less than a 30 second walk into the lobby!!!

Originally posted by DEH3rd
I disagree with the poster who said not to confront rude people. The more people that reign in the idiots, the fewer idiots there will be. Bullies are used to getting away with whatever want to do....DON'T LET THEM!!!

DH and I always say something when we see people throw trash on the ground. Just a "are you going to pick that up?" or "hey-you dropped something." They are usually SO shocked someone noticed and pick it up:) That is really a pet peeve of mine. I hate when kids throw trash right on the ground. I would NEVER do that even when I was young.

Once I saw this lady at Target in the parking lot take hangers from the shoping cart she was rolling and throw them right on the ground in front of her 2 children! I leaned out of the car and said "I can not believe you just did that in front of your children-there are trash cans right in front of the store." She was so annoyed I actually dared to speak to her:)

Ok, here is my only shocking story....

We were staying at AKL and were just walking into the zero depth part. A young woman who was 20 at most was walking out of the pool in an skimpy, wet, unlined white bikini. Lets say nothing was left to the imagination - she might as well as been wearing saran wrap!

She walked out of the pool alone and straight into the hotel without getting a towel. I have to wonder if she didn't do this for shock value. The only thing we kept saying was why would someone dress that way at WDW? Cancun, ok, but Disney??

I have read this post with great amusement, but I am guilty of promoting public urination. :o Please read on without judging until you get to the end!

DH, MIL, DDthen 3 and I were leaving AK. We were staying off-site, so we had to get to our car, then drive back to the condo which is a 20 to 30 min ordeal depending on traffic and condo location. After several "Do you need to go potty?"s as we approached the gate, DD assured us she was fine. Halfway to our car, she declares she needs to go. She had only been fully trained (still wearing pull-ups at night) for about 4 months. For those of you who have been there, an announcement like that means you have all of 30 seconds to find a bathroom. Well, there were no bathrooms around where we were since we walking in the parking lot of AK.

I was as discreet as I could be. I took her off to the side, and stripped her bottoms off and let her pee in the bushes. I then cleaned her up with napkins (which I threw in the trash), and we all "washed" with anti-bacterial cleanser. We walked to our car, got in and drove to our condo, and my DD fell asleep on the way back fortunately without peeing on herself.

If anyone witnessed that escapade, I apologize; however, I would do the same thing in the same situation again. Unfortnately (or maybe that is fortunately) I have not witnessed any major shockling moments. Maybe that is because I am trying to keep my kids out of trouble most of the time ;) ;)

About 3 years ago, we saw a lady (the "Earth Mother" type) at DAK who was washing her baby's bottom in one of the drinking fountains. I'd say the child was less than a year old. We mentioned it to a CM (just in passing), and he told us that there had been a fountain and pool in front of one of the attractions (maybe Dinosaur?) that they had to close for that reason: people were using it to bathe in!

Maybe some of these folks are from other countries, but give me a break! If I went to another country to visit I would so much NOT want to break any social rules -- plus, I'd do my research ahead of time to learn what was and was not acceptable!:confused: :rolleyes:

Oooo, ooo! I just previewed this and saw my countdown to WDW is only 18 days away!!

Hi. It is my first post. I just had to share this gross-out moment.

This happened on my last trip to MK (Fall 02). Since I had to gulp my soda in the line for the Peter Pan ride, and the wait was kinda long--I was in need of the little girl's room when the ride ended. I went to the bathroom close to the ride and saw three women talking and laughing and having a grand time. Unfortunately, they were completely ignoring the little toddler girl standing in one of the stalls. She stood at the toilet and grinned as she dunked her large, round lollipop in the toilet bowl and the next thing I knew, the sucker was in her mouth. I tried to get the ladies' attention so they could tell the child not to do this, but they ignored me. I saw the child do the dunk and lick three times while I was in the restroom. When I left they were still in the bathroom, so I told my husband to wait--I had to show him something. We watched the family leave--little girl still proudly holding the lollipop. I explained the story to hubby and we watched the family meet the male members in the party. While loading up the kid's stroller, the child toddled around and walked to a man I guess was dad. She handed the candy to dad, who -- you guessed it -- popped that sucker right in his mouth.

Sorry--I just had to share!

I do think that bathing in drinking fountains must be acceptable in some parts of the world. We have a large foreign population in my city and the males (no women allowed) from that culture like to congregate at one particular park each night. My kid's used to have a lot of baseball games scheduled at this park. We saw one man from the foreign culture blow his nose and clean out his nostrils into the public drinking fountain. We saw another man from the same culture wash his hair in the drinking fountain. Let's just say I'd rather become dehydrated than to drink from that fountain!:confused:

I am so grossed out right now...........I am so glad I never, ever use public drinking fountains. I dont care if disney charged ten dollars a bottle for water - I'm buying it!

I saw the most discusting thing about 6 years ago in one of the wdw water parks - i can't remember which one - but i still have nightmares about it.

A tremendously fat girl was in the pool and she did not know it but part of her female anatomy was falling out of the BOTTOM half of her suit. At first i saw a big piece of flesh and did not know what it was, i was shocked and appalled and completely and totally grossed out when I figured out what it was. It looked like a london broil was hanging out of her bathing suit.

I have been running on a treadmill ever since. I have seen lots of gross things in my 40 years but that one still "haunts" me that's how gross that was.

I think that thing rides shotgun!
:eek:

I was in line at a drink stand in BB and there was a line of people waiting to get to the self-serve re-fill machines. This lady with her kid jump right in front of everyone and she starts filling their cups. The first guy in line, who had a scottish accent, says "Hey, there's a line here" and she ignores him, then he says to his friend "Some people think they're special." She says "Get a life; what are you going to do, beat me up?" He just says to his friend "I'm not going to rise to it." Then she says "If you don't speak English you shouldn't be in this country."

Had to be about the most ignorant thing I've ever heard. I told them I hoped they knew we Americans aren't all like that.

I was in line at a drink stand in BB and there was a line of people waiting to get to the self-serve re-fill machines. This lady with her kid jump right in front of everyone and she starts filling their cups. The first guy in line, who had a scottish accent, says "Hey, there's a line here" and she ignores him, then he says to his friend "Some people think they're special." She says "Get a life; what are you going to do, beat me up?" He just says to his friend "I'm not going to rise to it." Then she says "If you don't speak English you shouldn't be in this country."

Had to be about the most ignorant thing I've ever heard. I told them I hoped they knew we Americans aren't all like that.

Originally posted by Synonymous
Then she says "If you don't speak English you shouldn't be in this country."
That's got to be the most horrible thing I've ever heard. There's just no excuse for that kind of ignorance. :mad:

Shoving food into purses and such at 1900 Park Fare sounds pretty gross. Even more disgusting is actually eating it after it has been in a bag all squishing around. I have to admit I swiped 4 or 5 cookies from Chef Mickey's to eat during an E-night:smooth:

On my trip in March, while being involved in the backstage tour at MGM (I volunteered for the PT-boat stunt show thing), someone had vomited before the actually ride from what I gathered. The CM referred to it as "protein" and kept repeating how they had a protein spill and such. Not as disgusting as other stories, but I had to share...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter