Have You Ever Seen A Ghost/Experienced Anything Paranormal

I haven't ever seen anything, but I have had several occasions where the room or location just feels evil, heavy, or sad. I try to just push these things out of my mind because it freaks me out lol. The one place I felt was just pure evil was the closet in my Fiancé and I's first apartment... it was a feeling I just could not shake. I kept that door closed at all times, and even put stuff in front of it when I was alone. I haven't had a feeling like that about very many places. I live in South Texas, so there are several Missions around that were used in the war for Texas' independence. The few that I have been in (including the Alamo) have this heaviness that you just can't escape... the Mission in Goliad is the worst for this in my opinion, I was really young when I was there last and I still remember how it made me feel. The Lexington in Corpus Christi also has this feeling, very eerie!

ETA: I also get deja vu. When I was younger I had it a lot more than I do now, like to the point it was freaky.

My favorite experience happened three months after my Baba passed. She was 78 but very healthy and independent so it was super unexpected. I was 18 and absolutely devastated. About 3 months after she had passed I came home from school and checked the answering machine. Around the 3rd message there was static...and then a moan, and a slight cough...it was Baba, no doubt in my mind. It was exactly what she sounded like when me or my brother would wake her up suddenly when she was napping lol...she had such a strong energy to pull this off only 3 months after transitioning, I feel so blessed. I played it over and over so elated at what I was hearing :love:

Not so favorite experiences:
When I was in Venice my friend and I checked into a very very old hotel. Our room was wallpapered in blood red, old, heavily patterned wallpaper. I had a horrible time getting to sleep that night, everything was very heavy and uncomfortable. During the night I went into a fit of sleep paralysis and with my eyes stuck open and my body unmovable a demonic face began pulsing in and out from the red patterns of the wallpaper trying to get at me. I began to scream "Wake me up Fallon! Wake me up Fallon!" This is the only way I was able to get away from what i was seeing, my poor friend, completely terrified, "woke" me up and said,"My God what's wrong?!! You were just screaming 'Wake me up Fallon!!" I didn't have the heart to tell her what I had just seen, we were alone in a foreign country in a 400year old hotel and I had just seen a "demon" coming out of the wall :laughing: I can laugh now, but in the moment it was terrifying!!

I also get pulled and shaken in bed when my life is in distress or something bad is going to happen. For about 6 months during the beginning of 2016 the bottom of my bed would shake, my legs would get pulled to the edge of the bed. It wasn't malicious though, it was more to get my attention. It stopped as soon as I started making life decisions that took my life away from a very unhealthy place. Those decisions allowed me to spend more time with my grandfather before he unexpectedly passed this Thanksgiving....no more shaking or pulling. And Grandpa has come by once in my dreams, he can't talk yet, but that's ok he'll get there :lovestruc

It's funny you mention the bed shaking thing... I've had this happen to me a few times and I swore it was real, but I just convinced myself I was dreaming because it frightened me so much.

We were driving to DE to go to the beach on vacation. It was night time and dark. The GPS took us an unfamiliar way and had us turn into what turned out to be someone's driveway. As we are going up the drive way we pass under this very old, out of use railway bridge. I was admiring the stonework on the bridge when I had a chill and had a "vision" of a woman, a man and two children hanging off the bridge in Victorian dress. I closed my eyes and didn't open them again til DH had turned around. I didn't tell him.

Months later, we were talking with my parents, telling them about that unexpected detour. DH said, "I can't explain it, but I swear I saw a family in old clothes being hung off of that bridge."

Something evil happened there for sure.

We were driving to DE to go to the beach on vacation. It was night time and dark. The GPS took us an unfamiliar way and had us turn into what turned out to be someone's driveway. As we are going up the drive way we pass under this very old, out of use railway bridge. I was admiring the stonework on the bridge when I had a chill and had a "vision" of a woman, a man and two children hanging off the bridge in Victorian dress. I closed my eyes and didn't open them again til DH had turned around. I didn't tell him.

Months later, we were talking with my parents, telling them about that unexpected detour. DH said, "I can't explain it, but I swear I saw a family in old clothes being hung off of that bridge."

:scared1:

In a nearby city, York town Va. There is what some to believe a haunted road,Crawford Road.

Even more scary is that a guy I went to school with would later kill 2 people and leave their bodies there. and was even in America's Most Wanted

And last year another guy was shot and killed there.

Oddly enough, that area is slated to have houses built.

Yes. I have a few entities that wander my haunts! LOL

Our house is haunted - but only by a cat spirit and a radio. Yes, a radio!!!

The cat spirit is pretty easy to understand - many many cats have lived in this property, in this house. You see that "flash of shadow" slinking into another room from down the hall.... yeah, no big deal, that's the cat. Yes we have a living cat but it never has seemed bothered by this occurrence.

The radio... now this is one that has NO explanation! So, sometimes, when the house is quiet, you'll hear music playing .... "somewhere". The music playing ranges from classical music of the '20's and 30's, right on up to '80's pop music. And it always sounds like it's coming from inside a wall. Except that we have reno-d this house SO MANY TIMES, we know there isn't a radio in the walls anywhere. We did find lots of other things in our walls, including newspaper from 1945 to insulate the bedrooms (by the way, Hitler was losing ;p ) We know all the wiring, there isn't an outlet that had a radio plugged in that got covered over anywhere.

Our downstairs tenant has heard it a few times, once during housesitting for us when we were in another province, and he thought burglars had broken in! So he unlocked the upstairs and came into the suite, to find.... nothing. Just music he could vaguely hear.

The other entity stories I have are a bit more personal, some of them are known local ghosts and I don't want any "hunters" trying to stir them up and antagonize them so they can get a photo or hear a noise. ;)

Ghosts...paranormal. You guy are fuuuuuuny. :D Only ghosts I've seen are sitting on my doom buggy at Haunted Mansion. Somehow, they even know what state I live in....

Obviously, from my tongue in cheek joke, I don't believe in ghosts or paranormal whatsoever, I think it's silly. The human mind is a very powerful thing and can see and hear things that it really wants to, even if they aren't actually there (i.e. create them). I also think people have a very hard time accepting the finality of death, so they believe in something to give them hope that there is something after. I simply don't believe that. I believe that death is the end. Period.

I respect your beliefs, but it does make me sad. Me and death have a very great relationship & my dear friends and family know that about me. IMHO: I do not believe in something, I simply am apart of a circular universe, not the concept of a linear earthly life with a concrete beginning and end that to me seems completely out of scientific sync with the rest of of nature. The human mind is indeed a very powerful thing, I am nothing if bred by logic and my logic among other senses tells me that one "line" among millions of circles doesn't make sense...this alas is me and again, respect, I just enjoy my support system from "home base" and it makes me sad to think about my friends (who believe as you do) who aren't able to use the other side as such a valuable resource throughout life. But we both have Disney in 3months and that's kind of all that matters at the moment ;) Viva la Disney!!!

That's so sad!!!

I regularly felt my dog around me after he died - he was nearly 16. In addition he was unable to get up and down the stairs without help and he had a bed at the bottom of the stairs so he could watch what was going on. A few nights I was crossing the landing and looked down to see him lying there looking at me. I was sorry when I stopped seeing him.

Mine was a one time thing. The thing that was so strange and what makes me absolutely positive of what I heard is that it wasn't until I heard the sound that I realized it had been missing. The house just seemed to be not quite right with him gone and as soon as I heard that noise I realized it that's what had been missing.

DH and I were leaving MK on our last night of our trip in 2012. I had really bad knees (since replaced and enjoying life again) and was in pain walking to the bus stop. A we got near the stop we saw the French Quarter bus leave. I was so mad figuring we would have to wait another 20 minutes and I would have to stand that long. As soon as we got to the bus stop, a bus came, we got on, and the bus immediately left. The driver did not wait for anyone else. DH and I were surprised. When we got to French Quarter, the driver dropped us off, told the people waiting he was not picking up anyone there, and then he left. We figured it was my Dad who sent the bus for us. I helped him when he was sick before he passed in 2008. He repaid me by sending the bus for me.

Another story has to do with my beloved westie, Snowy. She had cancer and we had to let her go. It was really hard. A couple of days after having her put to sleep, DH and I were reading in the living room. I heard Snowy bark. I looked at DH and he asked me if I heard Snowy bark. She was telling us she was OK. Sometimes our current dog will stand in the hallway and just stare at the bedroom or in the air. I wonder if he is seeing Snowy.

I am a believer, for sure. Enjoying your stories!

Just chiming in on the subject of pet spirits. I've read a lot of stories of "near death experiences" and many people have reported seeing their deceased pets when they were clinically dead. I, personally, take great solace in that.

I also was at a "psychic party" once and I asked the psychic if there were any pets around me. She said something to the effect of, "Honey, there are so many pets here I can't tell which ones are real and which ones aren't!" :lmao: She went on to tell me that she had recently been in a home and she complemented the owner on having such a beautiful Golden Retriever. The owner's jaw dropped, saying they'd just put their beloved Golden to sleep. She replied, "Well, I just saw him over by the bathroom!" :eek:

to me seems completely out of scientific sync with the rest of of nature.

Yep, everyone has their individual beliefs, and I completely respect it too. I don't agree with your philosophy, but the above part is the only part I didn't quite understand. I'm curious, how do you see my feeling that death is the end as out of sync with the rest of nature? To me, it's 100% in sync.

I respect your beliefs, but it does make me sad. Me and death have a very great relationship & my dear friends and family know that about me. IMHO: I do not believe in something, I simply am apart of a circular universe, not the concept of a linear earthly life with a concrete beginning and end that to me seems completely out of scientific sync with the rest of of nature. The human mind is indeed a very powerful thing, I am nothing if bred by logic and my logic among other senses tells me that one "line" among millions of circles doesn't make sense...this alas is me and again, respect, I just enjoy my support system from "home base" and it makes me sad to think about my friends (who believe as you do) who aren't able to use the other side as such a valuable resource throughout life. But we both have Disney in 3months and that's kind of all that matters at the moment ;) Viva la Disney!!!

Have you ever died? I always wonder about people who have firm convictions without experiencing it. Mine was VERY different than I anticipated, but I never knew so I kinda shrugged at the whole thing. Without going into it, I think its both cool and just interesting when people are certain of their philosophy, and I wonder if those that are are those that have likewise experienced it. I would be too shy to ask in person though:)

ETA: I didn't anticipate dying...lol. Just that I had no idea, and now I have had the experience. I'm still not sure I understand it though!

Last edited:
Yep, everyone has their individual beliefs, and I completely respect it too. I don't agree with your philosophy, but the above part is the only part I didn't quite understand. I'm curious, how do you see my feeling that death is the end as out of sync with the rest of nature? To me, it's 100% in sync.

Fair enough, dis be how I see it...Nothing in this universe exists without a consistency of rebirth. Ex: Our water system: liquid becomes gas, becomes clouds, then becomes precipitation again, cycle begins again. The death of a star (supernova) creates mass amounts of energy thus giving rebirth to new things throughout the galaxies. Our Botanical system: life is seeded, grows, dies, feeds new seeds which grow giving new birth. I see all of this as a very evident sign of a circular movement of life. No where does it seem logical to me that the sum of all of this would lead to all the energy put into human life just being miraculously created at point A, snuffed out at point B and then a big old farting noise of womp womp ;)

I have one more...and FYI, this is MY photo, I took it myself. I made the mistake of not watermarking my personal photos before uploading them to Pinterest and now they're on lots of other people's pages...

Anyway, there is a cemetery near the Quabbin Reservoir in MA. I have a thing for statuary, so when I saw this statue and one other, I had to get out and take photos. My DH stayed in the car. The first statue, no problem. This one, though...I took this photo, then moved around to the side of it. I raised the camera to take another "artsy" photo and suddenly got a terrible, horrible, awful feeling of complete and utter dread. Never felt like that before or since. My insides turned to water; I started shaking badly. I said, out loud, "I understand. I'm leaving. I'm sorry," and hightailed it back to the car. Told DH that we really had to get out of there. By the time we got to the entrance of the cemetery, the feeling was gone. DH later told me that he had never seen me so pale and scared and shaky. I will NEVER go back there!

Attachments

• Haunted Statue.jpg
    Haunted Statue.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 63
Have you ever died? I always wonder about people who have firm convictions without experiencing it. Mine was VERY different than I anticipated, but I never knew so I kinda shrugged at the whole thing. Without going into it, I think its both cool and just interesting when people are certain of their philosophy, and I wonder if those that are are those that have likewise experienced it. I would be too shy to ask in person though:)

ETA: I didn't anticipate dying...lol. Just that I had no idea, and now I have had the experience. I'm still not sure I understand it though!

I completely agree with the above bolded statement, but that would not accurately describe me as a person. Convictions are not something I have. Why I feel the way I do about life and subsequently death is like asking a mother "why do you love your children?" My answer, "I just...do...I just do feel this way" And I enjoy living every day and every moment knowing that someone can come into my life, have a conversation with me and blow the way I think about this existence out of the water. Firm convictions I have none, inherent feelings about what life has been for me, yes. I am so very glad you are still here with us. I should have been dead many times over, but no, I have never died. That fact doesn't change anything about the life I have experienced nor the wondrous things I'm so glad to be here for to still see :)

I don't believe in anything paranormal/supernatural. I've had some weird things happen to me, but they could all be explained.

I'm in a tough spot because I consider myself an atheist (don't believe in God) but I've had some supernatural dealings so convincing that I reached out to my landlord about them to see if she'd ever experienced anything in the home before renting it. When she said she had, she told me we could break the lease if we wanted to. Shortly after bringing it up, the occurrences stopped, but they lasted several weeks.

Fair enough, dis be how I see it...Nothing in this universe exists without a consistency of rebirth. Ex: Our water system: liquid becomes gas, becomes clouds, then becomes precipitation again, cycle begins again. The death of a star (supernova) creates mass amounts of energy thus giving rebirth to new things throughout the galaxies. Our Botanical system: life is seeded, grows, dies, feeds new seeds which grow giving new birth. I see all of this as a very evident sign of a circular movement of life. No where does it seem logical to me that the sum of all of this would lead to all the energy put into human life just being miraculously created at point A, snuffed out at point B and then a big old farting noise of womp womp ;)

Ah, got it. I agree with all of what you said, up until the last sentence. Sure, nature has a cycle, but in my eyes that's all biology/science. It's easily explained...well, easily explained by people smarter than I, or with better memories (my college degree is in human biology, but that was years ago and I don't work in the field). To me, that's very different than the human "spirit", on which a ghost or paranormal would be based. To me, the "spirit" is composed of all the cells in your brain working together, through electrical impulses. When that stops, the "spirit", stops. The human body decomposes, just like any other living creature, and could be part of that biological cycle. But I don't believe at all that the "spirit" is something completely separate.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter