• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Healthiest Disney Restaurants?

I’m on a new diet for food intolerances, which means I have to eat a bit “healthier”. On my last trip, my favorites were Satuli Canteen, Hollywood Brown Derby for their Cobb Salad, Pecos Bill has rice bowls. I usually go to Skipper Canteen for their salad and dim sum, but both of those things are off the menu due to COVID.

Geyser Point has a great salmon and grain salad, edamame app, and shrimp & shishito dish that are all light. They do a bison burger as well which is a little leaner than beef. Bonus you can sit on the water.

I guess it depends what you mean by "healthy", ie low carb, low fat, low salt, vegetarian/vegan, organic.

Pretty much nothing at quick service- even plant based has added salt, sugar, GRAS ingredients, etc. Closest thing to healthy is probably the kids edible dirt at Galaxy’s Edge minus the ranch. That comes with actual whole, plain vegetables. Salads are better than most things but dressing is usually not healthy. Backlot Express has a hummus entree but it comes with bread.

Sit down chefs can work with you to some extent to modify dishes to your preference, but very few have outdoor seating.

I eat mostly healthy at home; if I choose to buy food at Disney I know it won’t be healthy. But since I generally eat healthy at home, I’m ok with one unhealthy meal for the week.

It depends on your definition of 'healthy' I suppose- low salt, low sugar, low carb, low fat, plant based? Almost any table service restaurant in WDW can make accomodations to the menu- grilling meat, leaving off sauces, reducing salt, etc. and most have low sugar dessert alternatives.

If you are looking for sushi, poke and dashi bowls try Kona Cafe, Morimoto's, Katsura Grill or Tokyo Dining (currently closed).

As far as counter service, Pecos Bill's and Satuli Canteen were already mentioned but Harambe Market also has rice bowls and salads and Sunshine Seasons often has several healthier choices. Tangierine Terrace is closed but hopefully when they reopen they keep their menu the same as it also has several healthier options.

As others have said, depends on your definition of healthy, mine is organic, no GMO, no sugar, dairy free, plant based, whole foods. We are from the U.K. and DVC members so I buy food in to keep in the kitchen of the villa so we don’t have to eat as much in the restaurants.
I look for anything that has veg not messed about with and none of the sauces. It’s not easy, but more options since they introduced plant based at most restaurants.
I remember asking for freshly made omelette (I do consume eggs, although organic at home). The chef was fine with adding all the veggies, but he must have asked me three times if I wanted cheese, it’s not even something we would add normally in the U.K.
You will just have to look on a website at all the menus to see which fits on with your version of healthy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter