Heat end of April vs end of June

SwanVT2

DIS Veteran
Dd has a hard time with heat and breaks out in eczema. My parents want to go with us to Disney when school gets out next June. This would be the end of June. We are thinking of staying at POR for the shaded pool. My parents will rent a car and think it is easier for us to drive to the parks than wait for the bus in the heat. So my question is should we consider second to last week.of April instead or is it really just as warm? Thx!

On average, of course June is going to be hotter than April. However, April can still be pretty hot too.

There are ways you can deal with the heat, or minimize exposure to it. Do the outdoor/non-air conditioned attractions first thing in the morning or at night. For example, Tomorrowland Speedway or Astro Orbiter. Use the heat of the day to do attractions that are all indoor and/or have a/c queues. Buzz, CoP, Philharmagic, Dinosaur, Muppets, Pixar, Tough to be a Bug, Living w/the Land, etc... You can spend most of the mid-day indoors, except when you have to go from one place to another.

We went down for a weekend the first week of April this year and it was unseasonably hot.
We also went in June and the weather it was hot and sticky!
We've been at Christmas and hit it hot!
So hard to predict!

Florida weather is just so unpredictable! Which is more convenient for you, go then. Prepare yourself for heat. Head to the parks early. Have lunch or a snack in air conditioning. Take breaks when necessary. And enjoy!!

I get rashes from heat and humidity and I get them every single time I've visited Florida, no matter what season we go. Summer will always be hot and humid, but I've also gone during more than one April when temps reached the 90's and humidity felt oppressive. I think the difference is negligible. I would not agree that car is the better way to go. Trekking across a parking lot and getting in a car that's been sitting in the hot sun is going to be just as uncomfortable as waiting outside for a bus IMO.

The weather obviously can change from year to year but June is typically much hotter than April. We were in Orlando last week and each day the heat index was around 105 and one day it got up to around 110! I don't know how anybody did the parks last week...we spent the week swimming so it was fine for us but the thought of standing in line with all those people in that heat does not sound appealing to me at all.

If April is just as convenient for you as June then I'd go in April.

It does get hot in April--very hot--but the relentless heat of summer has not arrived yet. It still cools off enough overnight that the mornings can be fairly cool with less humidity, although of course by afternoon it will usually be pretty hot. And it's still early enough in the year that you can get lucky and get some relatively balmy, pleasant , almost cool days. This is highly unlikely to happen in June, when it gets so hot every day that it simply isn't possible for it to cool off overnight, so that when you first walk out the door in the morning you're greeted with a wave of heat and choking humidity.

It will still probably be very hot in April, but I think it's likely to be considerably more tolerable than June.

I have been in April and thought I was going to have heat stroke. Two years later we had to take sweatshirts to the park because it was so cool in the morning. June is always hot, but the rain will drop the temp every day by about 10-15 degrees for a bit in the afternoon.

We just came home a few weeks ago and remarked at how much the heat did NOT affect us this year.

We just got back from Disney (6/22-6/29) and will NEVER go in June again. The heat was too much for us. I got a heat rash on the back of my neck and I never do!

Just got back as well, 6/15-22, last 2 days in Universal. We will never go again in June. The heat is oppressive and it rained nearly everyday during the Disney leg, which cooled it off for a bit but then was like a steam bath. It rained way too much. We have always gone in February and the heat definitely reduced our enjoyment of the whole experience this time.

In general - which means it may not be true when you visit - April will be drier and cooler than June. Note that "drier" doesn't mean it won't rain. Note also that "cooler" doesn't mean it will be comfortable.

We visited the last weekend of April this year and totally lucked out.....the weather was fantastic. But we were indeed fortunate because my friend visited the following week and she and her family said it was stiflingly hot.

See weatherspark.com for a better picture of your chances of having a hot week at any date or week during the year. Weatherspark also give you an idea of how oppresive humidity will make weather conditions, as heat index is certainly a part of the equation. End of April should be nice, but it can get very hot as we found out one week in early May.
Consider Disney After Hours for some portion of your trip. Beat the heat by going to the parks at night!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter