• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Heigh Ho, Heigh Ho, It's off to run we go! A new and improved Teetz running Journal

I love my Knockarounds too, @jennamfeo! LOL. I really wanted the Flamingo pattern Goodrs but they were gone by the time I discovered them. I love those patriotic ones, @rteetz! I wish I had them for my run this past weekend, I am all about dressing for the occasion.

I love my Knockarounds too, @jennamfeo! LOL. I really wanted the Flamingo pattern Goodrs but they were gone by the time I discovered them. I love those patriotic ones, @rteetz! I wish I had them for my run this past weekend, I am all about dressing for the occasion.
Yep I’m surprised they didn’t come out with them earlier but I’ll have them in time for July 4th.

Howdy Folks!

I need to come up with something fun to do with each update I post. I am not quite sure what to do yet.

I didn't run this past weekend because I am not really sure why...

I have run Monday and Tuesday both about 5K each. Tomorrow I plan to run again but not very much. Mainly I am running tomorrow to say I was part of global running day. I need to start working some long runs back in. Every run I have done since Dopey has been short and pretty much maintaining fitness. I haven't really had the motivation to run any further and I don't have any races soon that are making me run further.

Speaking of races I looked at the Madison Mini as an option but no go as its on a Saturday and coaching high school football on Friday nights would mean very little sleep. I wish it was on a Sunday instead. The Brewers Mini is my best option I believe. Both are the same price.

Still no new running shoes. I will get there when I have some time and extra money.

I hope to start working in more cross training starting next week. As a football player in high school I of course lifted weights a lot and I haven't done much of that since. I plan to change that hopefully.

Now for you guys to join in, what do you guy do for speed work/getting faster. I do nothing. I go out and run. I try to stick under a 10 min/mile pace and I feel happy with that. I don't really have access to a track so I do loops around my neighborhood when I run. It helps with hydration so then I can just run by my house for water instead of bringing it with me.

Anyways that is all. 148 days until Wine and Dine!

I don't do my speedwork on a track, but I do do speedwork. On tomorrow's calendar is 4 x 1200m, as measured by my trusty watch. I was probably on the road to overtraining until March/April, aiming to beat my PR every run, but I've done a lot of reading since then and scaled back most of my runs to much easier paces. Which means I do have to do the days where it's speedwork or tempo or whatever so I have the hard runs to boost my fitness. :)

I will run on the track if I want to focus on speed workouts or do certain intervals. Its nice as it is about .5 miles from my house so I can use the run there and back as my warm up/cool down. I do not do speed work as much as I would like, but hoping to work on that this summer.

5 marathons is pretty impressive!
Thanks! At moment I am 3 down and 2 to go and I am meh about the whole thing, lol! The next two are November and December (then WDW Marathon in January!:eek: ) so I am sure I will be more motivated when I actually start training for them.

Thanks! At moment I am 3 down and 2 to go and I am meh about the whole thing, lol! The next two are November and December (then WDW Marathon in January!:eek: ) so I am sure I will be more motivated when I actually start training for them.
Nice! I haven't been entirely motivated either since I am not really in training mode for wine and dine yet and have no races between that as of yet. Still not sure which races to do in January either.

I do speed work on a track based on whatever Coach @DopeyBadger and my plan tells me to do. :rotfl: I have to use a track because we don't have any roads near me that are flat enough for those paces. I agree, run them all. Then I can be jealous of everyone running while I am at home.

My speed workouts are intervals given to me by @DopeyBadger. I do them at a track because I know it's flat and nothing around my house is flat. I much prefer just running to and from my house though.

DOPEY! DOPEY! DOPEY!

RE: Speedwork

I'm doing one interval run and one Fartlek a week right now, along with a long run and a "brick" run.

This is this week's Fartlek for tomorrow:

Screen Shot 2018-06-06 at 1.27.10 PM.png

I don't particularly enjoy them, but I have been seeing results.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter